Author Topic: How about that awful CGI with the submarine?  (Read 4416 times)

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: How about that awful CGI with the submarine?
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2009, 05:25:44 PM »
Not being from the States I just looked up Ann Arbor Michigan and where it is in the states...

Can someone explain to me how exactly a sub would get them there? Ann Arbor is seriously land locked...
Like hyperform said, surely they dock somewhere else and then travel over land (or air) to Ann Arbor.  You could get pretty close via submarine, though, if you could manage to (a) get into the Atlantic Ocean somehow (Panama canal?), then (b) steam up the Hudson river from NYC to Albany, then (c) across New York via the Eerie Canal to Lake Eerie... then in theory you could go (d) right up the Huron river straight into the U of M campus in Ann Arbor, if only there weren't a dam on the Huron.  :-/  Even so, without that last leg, you could maybe get a submarine within 35 miles of Ann Arbor, due to the many shipping canals that criss-cross the Great Lakes region.

Anyway, it was a fun little off-topic trip in Google Earth... reminded me of an old 16mm film they used to show us in grade school called "Journey to the Sea"...