Author Topic: is jack becoming locke ?  (Read 2628 times)

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
is jack becoming locke ?
« on: May 07, 2009, 06:28:15 AM »
jack saying this is our destiny ...just got me thinking back to the season1

locke: do u believe in destiny jack ? 
jack : no i dont 
locke: yes u do u just dont know it yet

and now here he is talking about destiny ..jack was supposed to be man of science ,got converted to man of faith ..i think he's just loosing it   ::)

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: is jack becoming locke ?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 06:36:37 AM »
I agree, I was just typing up my post about role reversals when you posted this.
I not only think Jack is becoming Locke, but Sawyer and to a lesser degree Locke are becoming Jack.

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
I definately noticed this.  While watching I told my friend how I hated Jack's turn from Science/Reason to Faith.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 10:07:04 AM »
Jack saw all of the things that led him back on the plane with everyone that needed to be there. Too many coincidences for a man of science/reason. The odds would be stagering and Jack just accepted the fact that he does have a destiny.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 11:12:29 AM »
jack saying this is our destiny ...just got me thinking back to the season1

locke: do u believe in destiny jack ? 
jack : no i dont 
locke: yes u do u just dont know it yet

and now here he is talking about destiny ..jack was supposed to be man of science ,got converted to man of faith ..i think he's just loosing it   ::)

Kate said exactly the same thing to him

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 02:47:59 PM »
Yeah, and Kate's becoming Jack -- she's the one defending science/logic.

------

Watching LOST reruns, I just saw the episode where Eko shows Locke the missing piece of tape from the Swan video.  Locke goes on and on about what are the chances that we'd find this piece and you'd show up with the missing piece.  It's fate!  But then Eko says, "Don't mistake coincidence for fate." 

I think the show is more and more moving towards being that everyone, the Losties and even the Others, are all nothing more than superstitious people interpreting supernatural events as fate/destiny.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »
SCience/logic and faith are not in opposition to each other!  They are two different attributes and can coexist with each other quite comfotably. Many men of science are also men of faith. 

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 04:47:10 PM »
Here's the real question - does Locke still have faith in the island or is he attempting to "disprove" the island's abilities by attempting to kill Jacob?  Jack is now one of the faithful tho not really in the island but Daniel's wacked-out theories of changing time which-can't-be-changed-but-yet-I'm-gonna-try-it-anyway-cause-I-all-of-a-sudden-have-insight-on-how-to-do-it-but-now-I'm-dead

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 06:40:53 PM »
After being resurrected on the island, I would guess Locke still believes strongly!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 11:39:43 PM »
Yes, Jack is thinking like Locke and I can't wait until when they meet up again!

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 04:27:54 AM »
Here's the real question - does Locke still have faith in the island or is he attempting to "disprove" the island's abilities by attempting to kill Jacob?  Jack is now one of the faithful tho not really in the island but Daniel's wacked-out theories of changing time which-can't-be-changed-but-yet-I'm-gonna-try-it-anyway-cause-I-all-of-a-sudden-have-insight-on-how-to-do-it-but-now-I'm-dead

poor daniel he couldnt even change his own fate let alone that of island .. lets hope he didnt die in vain

completely off the topic but i couldn't access the site for 2 days , i worried i was banned from the web site or something  :(

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 10:53:48 AM »

poor daniel he couldnt even change his own fate let alone that of island .. lets hope he didnt die in vain

completely off the topic but i couldn't access the site for 2 days , i worried i was banned from the web site or something  :(

The whole forum was down for a few days...not just you. I nearly went crazy!

Offline Souldrinker

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2009, 11:35:34 AM »
This season will end like season 2 when John realised that he was wrong about the hatch and that its all fake and Desmond needed to fix things...This time it will be Jack who realises that and I bet somebody will have to fix it for him (and probably dies in the process).