Author Topic: The unusual aging of Eloise Hawking and her Course Correction knowledge.  (Read 4885 times)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
But to age that much in 8 years? That's rough.

Makes me think of the old phrase, "Rode hard and put away wet."  (Which probably sounds even worse than intended.)

Offline powerful

• Onlooker
    • View Profile

Makes me think of the old phrase, "Rode hard and put away wet."  (Which probably sounds even worse than intended.)

Actually the piano scene does not necessarily take place in 1987. The assumption of Daniel being 10 needs not hold.
He could be only 7-8 when he starts his music hobbies.

And is it confirmed that Eloise gives Daniel the journal in 1996? I think it could be later than that. Then Eloise could look older.

What is bothering me is that Charlotte is much older than Daniel !!
How come Daniel is still in the embryo in 1977 while Charlotte is having chocolate before dinner!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile

Actually the piano scene does not necessarily take place in 1987. The assumption of Daniel being 10 needs not hold.
He could be only 7-8 when he starts his music hobbies.

And is it confirmed that Eloise gives Daniel the journal in 1996? I think it could be later than that. Then Eloise could look older.

What is bothering me is that Charlotte is much older than Daniel !!
How come Daniel is still in the embryo in 1977 while Charlotte is having chocolate before dinner!

Well, it is possible that Elloise isn't pregnant with Daniel at that point. Maybe he's already been born. I personally think that it is Daniel, and have no other explanation.

Offline Gutterball94

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
I also want to say, that for timeline purposes, I am assuming that Eloise was barely pregnant with Daniel, when she shot him. (What a strange sentence)

That's an epic sentence.  ;D

Offline Shivy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
you know what.... it actually does make alot of sense... and very plausible . congrats...

Sorry haven't read the whole thread, so I apologize if it's been said, but:

I don't think your dates are right.  In 1977 Daniel is born. He wouldn't have graduated as a Physicist from Oxford until he was around 25+, which is 2002+.  So I don't think she was time traveling, wouldn't Daniel think it's odd that his mother aged that quickly? 

I say Daniel was around 7 when we saw Eloise for the second time, or 1984, which is 18 years before 2002 and plenty of time to go all gray and wrinkly.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
But Daniel says that he was the youngest person ever to graduate/be made a professor at Oxford (sorry can't remember exact dialogue), so I don't know what age they want us to believe that he during that flashback. He was already a professor there when Desmond met him, and that was in... 1996? So the scene with Eloise, Daniel, and Theresa has to have taken place before Dan meets Des in 1996. Right?  ???

But like you, I'm also not entirely convinced that she's pregnant with Daniel at this point. He could be born and older, but we only have hints, no real evidence. tptb like to lead us on.

Offline fulcigento

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Daniel said he was the youngest doctorate to ever graduate from Oxford.  I read an article that says most students begin their doctorates at around 21.  So if he was the youngest ever graduate...how old would he be?  21, 22?  If he were 22 when he graduated in 1995 that would mean he was born around 1973.  If thats the case, he'd be around the same age as Charlotte and perhaps presently living as a 4 year old with the others/hostiles in 1977. 

Maybe he will see his future dead self and that is the reason why he was seen crying when his character was first introduced in Season 4.  He saw himself DEAD!!!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
I could go with him being 21 or 22 when he graduates Oxford.