Author Topic: The man with many names has returned...  (Read 8047 times)

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: The man with many names has returned...
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »
Sawyer was great until Kate showed up. Then he reverted back to the whole "OMG, it's Freckles. I'm so like in love her her, like I've got to have her. OMG"
Sawyer is at his best as the wise cracking conman with a soft heart.

Now, I'm so over Kate and Sawyer. I'm looking forward to the new bromance: Jack and Locke!  ;) Two soulmates, separated by 30 years in time!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2009, 02:30:41 PM »
I was so heart broken when the Other Red-shirt had the gun pointed at Kate, and then you hear the shot, and she jolts, and looks down, but isn't dead. God she's getting up on the level of hate I had for Michael, and Nikki/Paulo.

Offline ButtercupSaiyan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2009, 06:09:39 PM »
Don't forget Charlotte .... I hate her. I was glad when she died, she has contributed nothing besides a minor plot point as Daniel's 2nd love interest in his short-lived life.

Oh, and Ben.

But I can't hate Sawyer.  I think it's funny where you see him softening up to Kate, we all see his love and resolution for Juliet hardening with each twist and turn.  The majority definitely think that Sawyer is still loyal to Juliet.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:11:26 PM by ButtercupSaiyan »

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2009, 06:18:09 PM »
There are characters I like a lot and some that I like less,
but I never hated one of them.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2009, 06:20:30 PM »
I guess. But if that happens, everyone else is saved. Jack is ready to sacrifice, but she isn't.

niether is Sawyer

in the previews for next week we see Sawyer on the island;
how can this be ? he's on the sub and he and Juliette left ?
I think Kate tells them what Jack is going to do; Sawyer says, "no way"
Sawyer is not going to give up the woman he loves (Juliette, in case you're wondering, ha ha)
he in love, he's happy, he's talking about freedom, his life as a con man is over, the burder he's had all is life has been lifted

he's going to buy microsoft stock, bet the cowboys in superbowl '78, be rich, marry Juliette and live happily ever after ;

but now Jack wants to screw all that up

Sawyer is going to take over the sub and make them take him back to the island so he can stop Jack, even if it means killing him

Thank you.  that is what I have been saying!  Why is everyone down on Kate when she is no worse than any of the others!

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 07:46:25 PM »
It's probably safe to say that Kate has actually done a lot of good for the Sawyer and Juliet relationship. Kate tells them that Jack is about to undo everything. That means James would never kill Cooper and never meet Juliet. He'd basically be the same old conman. Juliet, on the other hand, would a) still be in USA with her sister probably dying or b) still be in the Others camp. That would suck. Kate would be in prison. So naturally they all want to stop Jack and Sayid, two people who wouldn't have that much to loose if 815 never happened (heck, Sayid would actually be happy to find Nadia alive). On a side note, maybe Jack is being the selfish one, he only wants to fix things so he can fix his broken ego.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2009, 11:31:41 AM »
Wow, some of us are really not on the same wavelength here. Some think Jack and Sayid are the selfish ones? Cause they're trying to save all the people that died since they crashed on the island? I don't see it that way. I'm not saying Sawyer is selfish though. I truely think the only reason Sawyer cut that deal was because he wanted to save Juliet and be free of all this turmoil and just be happy with her somewhere. He didn't want anyone to screw up the Dharma thing they had going because he had a purpose there and he was happy with Juliet. When his purpose there was taken away, he only thought of protecting Juliet.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2009, 01:29:17 PM »
Don't forget Charlotte .... I hate her. I was glad when she died, she has contributed nothing besides a minor plot point as Daniel's 2nd love interest in his short-lived life.

I wish I could forget Charlotte.

Wow, some of us are really not on the same wavelength here. Some think Jack and Sayid are the selfish ones? Cause they're trying to save all the people that died since they crashed on the island? I don't see it that way. I'm not saying Sawyer is selfish though. I truely think the only reason Sawyer cut that deal was because he wanted to save Juliet and be free of all this turmoil and just be happy with her somewhere. He didn't want anyone to screw up the Dharma thing they had going because he had a purpose there and he was happy with Juliet. When his purpose there was taken away, he only thought of protecting Juliet.

I personally think that Jack's purpose is mainly to make sure that none of this happens. Not really for any particular reason other than it shouldn't have happened, so he wants to fix it.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »
I loved Kate's anti-war speech.  :)

Offline LostGirlDeb

• Dharma VIP
  • Live Together Die Alone
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 03:35:26 PM »
It's probably safe to say that Kate has actually done a lot of good for the Sawyer and Juliet relationship. Kate tells them that Jack is about to undo everything. That means James would never kill Cooper and never meet Juliet. He'd basically be the same old conman. Juliet, on the other hand, would a) still be in USA with her sister probably dying or b) still be in the Others camp. That would suck. Kate would be in prison. So naturally they all want to stop Jack and Sayid, two people who wouldn't have that much to loose if 815 never happened (heck, Sayid would actually be happy to find Nadia alive). On a side note, maybe Jack is being the selfish one, he only wants to fix things so he can fix his broken ego.

I agree 100% with this post.  Jack is the only one that is NOT sacrificing anything if he succeeds and I am so glad that he will not succeed
(I mean he better not)  He is the only one that has nothing to loose.  and how can he sit there and tell Kate that it was all a nightmare?  Just when I was starting to like him a gain he goes and says something stupid like that.
And for the record nobody can be as hated as Nikki and Paulo & Michael IMO :P

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 07:29:09 PM »
season 1 : sawyer - kate -jack
season 2 : sawyer -anna lucia-kate ,kate-jack
season 3 : sawyer-kate-jack-julliette
season 4 : sawyer -kate -jack,-jullite-ben n that guy what was his name that married man jullitte is with ??
season 5 :sawyer-jullitte, jack -kate -roger ??( thank godness this didnt go any more further )   

lets  just  say love is complicated

but if jack really does succeed in his mission to change ..no love stories between anyone??

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 10:15:17 AM »
If Jack does succeed in changing things. Their relationships will still have happened. What Kate doesn't see is that nothing will be lost. Her present self will continue on; it is only her future self that will be affected. Let's say they are able to change something in 1977 but are still stuck there. Or even ebtter, they go back in time again even earlier. The Jack and Kate we know right now will still have all their memories. It is the future versions of themselves (the ones who will eventually get on 815) who will not experience the crash. And lets not forget about the universe, destiny, all that stuff. If something is changed, then 815 no longer "needs" to crash. The passengers are no longer needed on the island. So, destiny or the universe, might deal Kate a whole new hand of cards. One in which her father is not an abussive drunk. Thus, she doesn't have to kill. Thus, she doesn't go to jail. How about them apples?

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 10:52:02 AM »
If Jack does succeed in changing things. Their relationships will still have happened. What Kate doesn't see is that nothing will be lost. Her present self will continue on; it is only her future self that will be affected. Let's say they are able to change something in 1977 but are still stuck there. Or even ebtter, they go back in time again even earlier. The Jack and Kate we know right now will still have all their memories. It is the future versions of themselves (the ones who will eventually get on 815) who will not experience the crash. And lets not forget about the universe, destiny, all that stuff. If something is changed, then 815 no longer "needs" to crash. The passengers are no longer needed on the island. So, destiny or the universe, might deal Kate a whole new hand of cards. One in which her father is not an abussive drunk. Thus, she doesn't have to kill. Thus, she doesn't go to jail. How about them apples?

Ok...say they do manage to change things so that 815 doesn't have to crash...well, it DID crash or else they wouldn't be back there in the past, right? Can't the past only change if one of the original variables makes the change?

Another thing I'm confused about: say they do manage to change things. You say the losties who did crash and went back into the past will still remember each other, but which version of those losties is getting on the plane? The ones who have crashed, have gone back and changed things, will get on the plane as individuals and not crash so they will get off the plane at LAX and go their separate ways? Or, do they get on the plane knowing each other...(like some of them are friends, lovers, maybe even married now)? Will Charlie be getting on the plane also?  :(

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 11:17:43 AM »
Its hard to say right now and I'm only trying to run with thoughts. We still don't know if they can change anyhting. But it is being suggested that they might be able to. If they can and do, I'd say the versions of the losties that crashed, when back in time, changed something will retain their memories and relationships. But if they stay in the past (or go further back) then their future selves may not have to go through everything they went through. Jack's dad might quit drinking. Sawyer's mom may never have an affair. Kate's dad is a stand up guy. Does anyone see what I'm trying to get at? The losties we know will remain the same in a different time. But then the 2004 versions of themselves will have completely different lives as destiny or the universe is not trying to get them to the island.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 11:37:40 AM »
Going back and preventing your plane from crashing is the same thing as trying to kill your grandfather before your dad was conceived. All of the same restrictions apply.