Author Topic: The man with many names has returned...  (Read 10546 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
The man with many names has returned...
« on: May 07, 2009, 12:52:55 AM »
James Ford, Jim LaFleur, Jim, Mr Nickname himself.... Sawyer has returned! tonight was definately a good SAWYER episode as well as alot of them... but nicknames and quip lines we will see the decrowning of LaFluer and the rebirth of Sawyer til the season 6 finale...

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: The man with many names has returned...
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 01:01:25 AM »
Sawyer was pretty awesome in this episode, I just wish Horace would have sacked up and told Stu to GTFO!

Offline BadRobot64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »
Sawyer was pretty awesome in this episode, I just wish Horace would have sacked up and told Stu to GTFO!

true dat

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 08:47:21 AM »
I was completely disappointed that Sawyer got into the sub and LEFT Hurley and everyone behind!  That doesn't seem like the Sawyer I know and love! 

The only thing I could think was that maybe he felt "Heck, I already jumped out of a helicopter once for them and saved their a***s!  It's not my fault they came back!  It's my turn to get out of Dodge!"  But still...  he likes Hugo!  I can't believe he left him.

Hurley is going to be so reproachful.  "Dude, I never thought you'd leave us..."    :(

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:16:53 AM »
I think he was only thinking of Juliet's saftey though. He's got her back remember?

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 09:43:24 AM »
I think he was only thinking of Juliet's saftey though. He's got her back remember?

Exactly. He won't forget Kate, just like any of us who have had an intense relationship in the past doesn't forget, but he truly loves Juliet (yes, yes, yes...don't argue it!) and was willing to give it all up for her and for himself...some real happiness is what Sawyer deserves. With so many variables (losties) running around who knows where in time, he realized he couldn't control the outcome anyway.

Preview spoiler:

Plus, we know they're off the sub...maybe he has a plan to get off all along anyway?

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 09:45:22 AM »
As Sawyer lowered himself into the sub I thought "How could he just abandon Hurley like that?"  Same old James. No one has really changed.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 09:46:14 AM »
Like I said though, he did it for Juliet.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:16 AM »
Was I the only one bummed when Kate got on the sub too?  Crap, Sawyer & Juliet were having a moment and then she comes along?  Bummer!  (and boy was J pissed about it too!)

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 09:51:59 AM »
Was I the only one bummed when Kate got on the sub too?  Crap, Sawyer & Juliet were having a moment and then she comes along?  Bummer!  (and boy was J pissed about it too!)

I dislike Kate more and more...she is always such a killjoy. I thought Sawyer looked a bit perturbed also.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 09:53:58 AM »
Yeah Kate is the most seflish person on the show. She gets all pissy cause Jack is ready to sacrifice their relationship and maybe their present lives to ensure that their plane lands in the future.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 10:02:38 AM »
Yeah Kate is the most seflish person on the show. She gets all pissy cause Jack is ready to sacrifice their relationship and maybe their present lives to ensure that their plane lands in the future.

I am starting to hate her too, but wouldn't you be pissy if Jack wanted to make everything right wich means you go to jail for 1st degree murder?

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 10:08:00 AM »

I am starting to hate her too, but wouldn't you be pissy if Jack wanted to make everything right wich means you go to jail for 1st degree murder?
I guess. But if that happens, everyone else is saved. Jack is ready to sacrifice, but she isn't.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 11:04:07 AM »
Kate always runs away or leaves.  Not a big leap for the character, just consistent.

Sawyer's been playing house for 3 years and has had a pretty good thing going.  Then they show up.
He's making plans with Jules about how they'll be free once back home.  Then she shows up.
He's surviving the best way he can.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »
I guess. But if that happens, everyone else is saved. Jack is ready to sacrifice, but she isn't.

niether is Sawyer

in the previews for next week we see Sawyer on the island;
how can this be ? he's on the sub and he and Juliette left ?
I think Kate tells them what Jack is going to do; Sawyer says, "no way"
Sawyer is not going to give up the woman he loves (Juliette, in case you're wondering, ha ha)
he in love, he's happy, he's talking about freedom, his life as a con man is over, the burder he's had all is life has been lifted

he's going to buy microsoft stock, bet the cowboys in superbowl '78, be rich, marry Juliette and live happily ever after ;

but now Jack wants to screw all that up

Sawyer is going to take over the sub and make them take him back to the island so he can stop Jack, even if it means killing him