Author Topic: Going to kill Jacob  (Read 7345 times)

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Going to kill Jacob
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:37 AM »
Just an odd and randomly placed thought here ... Locke killing Jacob in any form, physically or theoretically is going to be pointless. He has already Lost his soul like Marsellus Wallace and Illana and crew have it in that case.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2009, 09:35:13 AM »
I am still on the boat of metaphorically killing Jacob. Much like the Wizard of Oz, Locke will pull back the curtain to reveal Richard was at the helm the entire time.

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2009, 09:48:38 AM »
Some brilliant ideas kicking around at the moment!  That is a great catch about Walt's dream Shakey!  Walt was right about Locke being back on the island wearing a suit, so stands to reason he's right about being surrounded by people wanting to hurt him!  Also I believe that we weren't shown all of the interaction between Locke (as Bentham) and Walt, because in the conversation we saw Walt was never told about Locke's alias.  Walt could have had more to say about his dreams.

Before we heard and saw Jacob in "The man behind the curtain" I really thought it was going to be a Wizard of Oz all an illusion scenario, with Ben being the one "controlling" things, but now I believe that Jacob is real (although probably some sort of ethereal/spirit being).  I still think that Ben has been controlling things and saying Jacob said so and so, when it is what he wants done.  I think that Jacob's lists were really Ben's lists and it was Ben's means of grabbing who he wanted.  Then again Ben seems genuinly afraid of Jacob, In "Two for the Road" he says to Locke "The man in charge—he's a great man, John, a brilliant man—but he's not a forgiving man. He'll kill me because I failed, John. I failed my mission.", so surely he must have had some communication with Jacob?  Maybe Ben could hear Jacob, but not see him?  Or maybe Writers_Strike and the rest of you who think it's Richard controlling everyone are right?!  Oh it's all SOOOO confusing!  ;D ???

Walkabout V.2, that's a pretty big case just for one soul, maybe there's more than one in there?!  :o ;D

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2009, 01:05:07 PM »
Just an odd and randomly placed thought here ... Locke killing Jacob in any form, physically or theoretically is going to be pointless. He has already Lost his soul like Marsellus Wallace and Illana and crew have it in that case.

What do you mean by "He has already Lost his soul like Marsellus Wallace and Illana and crew have it in that case"?? Who is "He" in that sentence??

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2009, 02:06:11 PM »

What do you mean by "He has already Lost his soul like Marsellus Wallace and Illana and crew have it in that case"?? Who is "He" in that sentence??
I think "he" is Jacob.

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2009, 03:21:47 PM »

Jacob. Marsellus Wallace was Ving Rhames character in Pulp Fiction. He sends Jules(JAckson) and Vincent(Travolta) to retrieve it and return it to him. Just remeber the scene , in the diner, at the end of the movie. Case gets opened and everyone stops and stares with awe at the case. Jacob needs his soul back.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2009, 03:27:14 PM »

Jacob. Marsellus Wallace was Ving Rhames character in Pulp Fiction. He sends Jules(JAckson) and Vincent(Travolta) to retrieve it and return it to him. Just remeber the scene , in the diner, at the end of the movie. Case gets opened and everyone stops and stares with awe at the case. Jacob needs his soul back.

You know, I was almost positive that was a Pulp fiction reference, but just shook it off. But okay, you were talking about Jacob there. So you think that Jacob's "soul" is in the big box?? Hmmmm.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 13, 2009, 02:37:08 AM »
I appreciate your theory about the man behind the curtain.  The whole thing reminds me of the catholic church...You cannot speak to God (Jacob), you have to talk to the priest (Ben/Ricahard) an intercessor.  And then Locke makes it Protestant like.  Locke died (Jesus), he came back to life and he is introducing them to Jacob and killing the "dogma" or law that comes with the others.  IDK.  They always have biblical references right?

Wow, GREAT analogy!