Author Topic: Going to kill Jacob  (Read 10713 times)

Offline Shivy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Going to kill Jacob
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2009, 02:27:26 PM »
If Jacob is Locke I don't think Richard and Ben know it because a) Ben tried to kill Locke, and b) Richard said John Locke looks lihe he's going to be trouble when John insisted Richard take him to see Jacob, which to me means Jacob and John Locke are 2 very different beings.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2009, 02:34:21 PM »
Either that or Richard has never seen Jacob either.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2009, 02:54:34 PM »
I'm sorry, but part of me can't help but think of Carol Kane's character from "The Princess Bride" telling Locke, "Have fun killing Jacob!" (instead of "Have fun storming the castle"... in case the reference was too vague.)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2009, 04:41:10 PM »
You know, despite that I think Locke and Jacob are the same person, that doesn't even matter. I'm just saying that as far as the concept of who/what Jacob is, he's a person. And we know this to be true, because we have seen him. Regardless of who it was/is, we have seen it.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2009, 04:49:34 PM »
Locke could have been speaking metaphorically, just to upset Ben, as in "the magic box".
He may want to "kill" his godlike image. Even if he is real, if all the others see a crazy old man in a cabin who isn't able to do anything, they won't obey them anymore. And I think Locke has the fantasy of setting "his people" free. And he may be wrong. Jacob could be indeed very powerful, and act as an unforgiving god, killing Locke and the non-believers. Maybe that's why Richie and Bennie are so upset.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
If Jacob is Locke I don't think Richard and Ben know it because a) Ben tried to kill Locke, and b) Richard said John Locke looks lihe he's going to be trouble when John insisted Richard take him to see Jacob, which to me means Jacob and John Locke are 2 very different beings.

Yeah, it doesn't quite match for Locke to be Jacob unless there's yet another time-jump to pre-2004.  Jacob is already trapped in the cabin when the Losties first crash.

On the other hand, wasn't there a screencap of when Hurley stumbled onto the cabin and the face that flashed in the window was Locke?

Offline LoniZeppelin

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2009, 01:43:48 AM »
jacob=jack

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »
On the other hand, wasn't there a screencap of when Hurley stumbled onto the cabin and the face that flashed in the window was Locke?

Wasn't that when Locke really was in the cabin, though?  The scene when Hurley and Ben were sitting outside eating a Dharma-bar and Locke came out and said Jacob told him to move the island?  I could be wrong...  and plus, it could've been a way for the writers to send a cool veiled hint anyway.

Offline Survivor815

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
I like the hostage theory.  I still remember back in season 3? when they first go to the cabin it is ringed by ashes or some other substance.  It sure looked like a barrier - maybe one that Jacob cannot pass through.  Maybe death will give Jacob freedom.  My second guess is the death of the illusion of Jacob.  Both seem very plausible.  Ben has never seen Jacob, Locke has.  Ben is an impostor and a fraud - I think he is Richard's henchman.  It kind of supports my theory that Richard is the dark to Jacob's light and his full nature has not been exposed yet.  Still groping in the dark...

When I saw the ashes, I thought the same thing. I think Jacob is stuck there, maybe trapped in time somehow. I like the idea that killing Jacob will free him.

Also, did you see the look on Ben's face when Locke said he was going to kill Jacob? Priceless!! lol

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 08, 2009, 12:43:02 PM »
When did we see this ring around the cabin? All I remember was a small line of ash that Locke looked at. How do we go from seeing a small portion of ash to a psychic barrier that circles the cabin and keeps ghost Jacob trapped inside?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 08, 2009, 01:42:17 PM »

Wasn't that when Locke really was in the cabin, though?  The scene when Hurley and Ben were sitting outside eating a Dharma-bar and Locke came out and said Jacob told him to move the island?  I could be wrong...  and plus, it could've been a way for the writers to send a cool veiled hint anyway.

The second time we see the cabin, hurley walks up to it, and sees someone jump up infront of the window, and we get a close up of that person's eye.

When did we see this ring around the cabin? All I remember was a small line of ash that Locke looked at. How do we go from seeing a small portion of ash to a psychic barrier that circles the cabin and keeps ghost Jacob trapped inside?

The small portion we saw semi circular, so it is assumed that it circled the cabin.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2009, 09:29:15 PM »
Maybe Jacob will be Vincent and Locke won't have the heart to kill him.  ;D

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2009, 08:20:44 AM »
Also, I think we're leading up to Walt's dream.  Locke states he's going to kill Jacob.  Ben tells Richard.  Richard has an issue with this and informs the rest of the group that this can't happen.  This is where Walt's dream of John being surrounded by people intent on harming him is realized.

I totally forgot about Walt's dream. Nice catch Shakey. That is some good stuff right there. Might explain how Ben still gets to kill Locke (like Smokey/Alex said), but doesn't actually kill him. Maybe Ben does his manipulative thing, and tells everyone about Locke's plan, and then plants the seed about kiling him to save Jacob.
Thanks.  That's exactly what I was thinking, too.  Ben will never become 100% subservient... this is his opportunity.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2009, 08:27:41 AM »
Also, I think we're leading up to Walt's dream.  Locke states he's going to kill Jacob.  Ben tells Richard.  Richard has an issue with this and informs the rest of the group that this can't happen.  This is where Walt's dream of John being surrounded by people intent on harming him is realized.

I totally forgot about Walt's dream. Nice catch Shakey. That is some good stuff right there. Might explain how Ben still gets to kill Locke (like Smokey/Alex said), but doesn't actually kill him. Maybe Ben does his manipulative thing, and tells everyone about Locke's plan, and then plants the seed about kiling him to save Jacob.
Thanks.  That's exactly what I was thinking, too.  Ben will never become 100% subservient... this is his opportunity.

yes, that is so Ben. I now believe that is his plan. As we know--he always has a plan! Good thinking, Shakey!

Offline Walkabout V.2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2009, 09:05:50 AM »
I like the hostage theory.  I still remember back in season 3? when they first go to the cabin it is ringed by ashes or some other substance.  It sure looked like a barrier - maybe one that Jacob cannot pass through.  Maybe death will give Jacob freedom.  My second guess is the death of the illusion of Jacob.  Both seem very plausible.  Ben has never seen Jacob, Locke has.  Ben is an impostor and a fraud - I think he is Richard's henchman.  It kind of supports my theory that Richard is the dark to Jacob's light and his full nature has not been exposed yet.  Still groping in the dark...

When I saw the ashes, I thought the same thing. I think Jacob is stuck there, maybe trapped in time somehow. I like the idea that killing Jacob will free him.

Also, did you see the look on Ben's face when Locke said he was going to kill Jacob? Priceless!! lol
What if we are wrong about the ashes? What if the ashes are meant to keep smokey from the cabin. Smokey is waiting to take Jacob to the underworld. He is an important soul to the looming war.