Author Topic: Going to kill Jacob  (Read 10722 times)

Offline xrayeck

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Going to kill Jacob
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2009, 09:34:12 AM »
I think what Locke is doing in 2008 and what Jack is doing in 1977
must be connected somehow.
They are. If Jack succeeds with what he is doing in 1977 then Locke will never have the opportunity to do what he says he's going to do in 2008, all of which provides a pretty powerful clue as to who manipulated the lives of the Losties to ensure they were on Flight 815 and to ensure that it crashed on the island. It was Jacob.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2009, 09:46:54 AM »
I don't know who's right and who is wrong, but you all have some GREAT theories (from Locke planting the seed of Jacob in Richard's mind, which I don't think is correct, but is still a BRILLIANT idea to Locke being Jacob saying "Help me" to himself).  Great creative crew here!

Offline zeekloveslost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 09:49:39 AM »
as in kill the idea that is Jacob.. cos Jacob isn't real.

I'm on this bandwagon too.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 09:52:47 AM »

I have to dissagree. Jacob is very much real. Only he is being held hostage either by Richard and Ben or by time itself. I think Vincent has some sort of connection with Jacob and or Smokey too. And I think Jacob may be a future version of Locke.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2009, 10:09:56 AM »

I have to dissagree. Jacob is very much real. Only he is being held hostage either by Richard and Ben or by time itself. I think Vincent has some sort of connection with Jacob and or Smokey too. And I think Jacob may be a future version of Locke.

I also disagree that Jacob is just a notion, an idea, a crutch... I have complete faith in the writers, but I just don't see how that would NOT be completely lame. We've waited five seasons, it HAS to be better then that.

I love the idea about it being a future version of Locke. I had not thought of that before but think it's a great idea.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2009, 10:15:50 AM »

I also disagree that Jacob is just a notion, an idea, a crutch... I have complete faith in the writers, but I just don't see how that would NOT be completely lame. We've waited five seasons, it HAS to be better then that.

I love the idea about it being a future version of Locke. I had not thought of that before but think it's a great idea.

*cough**cough* The Numbers *cough*

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2009, 10:17:55 AM »
What about the numbers? I don't think we're done with them either... but honestly, even if we were, I think I'd be more satisfied with the numbers then with finding out that Jacob is a hoax.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2009, 10:21:43 AM »
Yeah really, what about the numbers? The numbers are Jacob? lol...

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2009, 10:58:33 AM »
..Also, I think we're leading up to Walt's dream.  Locke states he's going to kill Jacob.  Ben tells Richard.  Richard has an issue with this and informs the rest of the group that this can't happen.  This is where Walt's dream of John being surrounded by people intent on harming him is realized.

I totally forgot about this
that is a really good observation

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »
I appreciate your theory about the man behind the curtain.  The whole thing reminds me of the catholic church...You cannot speak to God (Jacob), you have to talk to the priest (Ben/Ricahard) an intercessor.  And then Locke makes it Protestant like.  Locke died (Jesus), he came back to life and he is introducing them to Jacob and killing the "dogma" or law that comes with the others.  IDK.  They always have biblical references right?

I like this...Martin Luther Locke and his 4 8 15 16 23 41 thesis nailed to the temple door!

Offline LOSTRULES

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2009, 11:58:54 AM »
I read an article in the paper yesterday about the finale and it says that we are finally going to get to "see" Jacob. I don't know how true this is but I figured I would put it out there anyway.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2009, 01:32:36 PM »
Is Jack's real purpose in 1977 to keep Locke from killing Jacob in 2008? (It's gotta be 2008 by now, doesn't it?)

I think that it was the present for a little while, but then when they started showing us the black screens that say thirty years later, thirty years earlier, and it was established that Sawyer and them are in 1977, that means that Locke, Sun, Frank, etc. Are all in 2007. This show is never going to catch up to itself. LOL

The way Ben and Richard looked at each other when Locke inivited everyone to go see Jacob makes me think they are hiding some key facts about Jacob--like he doesn't exist or is being held hostage.

Maybe they are just afraid of what Jacob will do being interrupted like this. But aodds are you're right, because my guesses never pan out.

Also, I think we're leading up to Walt's dream.  Locke states he's going to kill Jacob.  Ben tells Richard.  Richard has an issue with this and informs the rest of the group that this can't happen.  This is where Walt's dream of John being surrounded by people intent on harming him is realized.

I totally forgot about Walt's dream. Nice catch Shakey. That is some good stuff right there. Might explain how Ben still gets to kill Locke (like Smokey/Alex said), but doesn't actually kill him. Maybe Ben does his manipulative thing, and tells everyone about Locke's plan, and then plants the seed about kiling him to save Jacob.

I love it! I got the feeling when Richard and Ben didn't want to take him to see Jacob that Jacob was actually an older version of Locke himself. Wouldn't that be crrrrazy?

Depends on how long you believed that theory. Me for instance have thought that for the past 2 years. So, is that crazy?? LOL

I hate to keep pointing this out, but I feel like I have to, but WE HAVE SEEN JACOB!! there is no way he is "just an idea". We have actually seen him with our friggin eyes.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2009, 02:16:33 PM »
What Bob said.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2009, 02:21:42 PM »
Yes we have seen Jacob. It looked like either a grizzly Locke or a grizzly Christian. And I think we can rule out Christian being Jacob.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2009, 02:26:17 PM »
Maybe he is JIn or Chang.