Poll

How would you rate Episode 5x15, "Follow the Leader"?

10 (best)
14 (56%)
8 (32%)
1 (4%)
2 (8%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (worst)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Episode 5x15 Rating  (Read 8879 times)

Offline sledgeweb

• HIM
  • In the Loop
    • View Profile
Episode 5x15 Rating
« on: May 06, 2009, 05:11:13 PM »
After Episode 5x15, "Follow the Leader" airs, be sure to rank the episode using the scale above, and then let us know what you thought about the episode below.

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 5x15 Rating
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 11:16:41 PM »
Hurley's worse fear about not passing the test, Jack finally becoming a man of faith, Kate screwing up Juliet and Sawyer's escape to normalcy, Ben's snappy lines and looks, Locke having a Jacklike plan to lead the other's around the island... Priceless. A 10!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 02:07:16 AM »
Usually I wait more than 2 minutes before rating an episode, but I feel in my gut it's a 10 and I don't think a second viewing will bring it down. So good to see Sayid, and he hasn't gone crazy in the jungle. Kate hopping on the sub was awesome, I thought probably the exact expletives that Juliet and Sawyer thought...and Kate had no idea she was crashing the party. Swimming to the tunnels? The bomb is in a temple-esque place? Hurley of course as classic Hurley... and oh my goodness there was so much Richard I nearly died. Really my 10 rating comes down to one thing.

Dripping. Wet. Richard.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2009, 03:37:28 AM »
OMG!  Compared to last week this was 20!  I too am going off of first impressions and I absolutely loved it!  The only thing I miss is Rose and Bernard, what the hell happened to them?  Adam & Eve in the caves?  And I miss Des and Penny, but really just Des ;)  And how can they ignore Claire all season, makes no sense to me.

Richard, dripping wet or dry is always good Mrs. Alpert ;)

The storyline included many characters like Miles and his father (awesome), Hurley, Jack, Kate, Sayid, Jin, Sun, Locke (amazing!! and I'm not usually a huge Locke fan), Ben, Sawyer, Juliet, Richard, Eloise, Widmore and the D.I's.  The storyline also included so many popular topics, the bomb, time travel, the temple and its tunnels, JACOB and much more!  A packed episode!  I was so scared that Radzinky and Co. were going to find Hurley and start beating him, that would be SO WRONG and I am so glad that it did not happen.

Most of you know that I have always been a Juliet fan right?  So I am going to make a shirt this week that says Team Juliet for the finale :D I'm sick of Kate.  I understand why she doesn't want anything to change; Jack's misery was probably the best years of her life. She annoys me and is not using any of her fugitive or tracking skills anymore so I don't see the point.  That being said, this has been a pattern with me this season and usually when I am feeling ready for them to kill off Kate they go and redeem her somehow.  So I expect she will have Jack's back next week or she should die LOLOL  (Juggy is going to kill me!). 

Did I mention I gave it a ten?

Offline Suzanne4au2

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2009, 09:02:06 AM »
I loved this episode for no other reason than the story moved along so much. Almost everyone was in the episode!!! John was freaking everyone out and Jack was acting like John. Gotta agree with ya Joy...Kate is on my last never. When she got on the sub I said to my husband, "can't she just go away!"(sorry Juggy) Great episode finally!!!! I give it a 10.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2009, 10:47:56 AM »
10 too.  Loved it all!
No comments.  The less I say, the better chance of not getting my name misspelled on the review page. :P

Offline Souldrinker

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »
Lost in perfection :)
Almost all important characters in it , awesome Locke-Richard-Ben scenes and it was a great build up to the finale storywise. Clearly a 10!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »
This was only the second episode I rated 10.  Nearly perfect!
> Loved Hurley's Quiz Bowl - so, you're 46?
> Chang to Miles - So, are you my son?  Yea, Dad.
> Miles to Jin & Hurley - So Dad wasn't a jerk, he acted that way to save us
> Jack has faith - at last!
> Locke - that man is me - the island told me the timing - gonna kill me some Jacob
> Ben  - great lines everywhere too many to list
> Sayid - saves the day again
> Sawyer & Juliet - true love - then Kate plunks down between them on the sub - truely coming between them, again!
> Great Sawyer lines - even under punishment
> Ellie - recognized Daniel and her own handwriting - immediately accepted Jack's truth (which Kate didn't like him giving) and
   spear-headed helping them complete the task

But.....
> Kate is really getting on my nerves

Offline Geronimo Jackson

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 03:59:44 PM »
Great episode but once again sets up the time paradox of John Locke is he forming his own destiny by telling Richard everything he is to say to Locke, just like when he went back in the 1950's and said Jacob sent him sending Richard on the quest to be at Locke's birth, visiting him as a young child when Locke flunked by not picking the compass, and later sending some one to at his high school to go to the science school.

So Turns out only one watch all along sorry Aztro.

Love Lost From The Start's list including Kate getting on my nerves.

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 06:05:53 PM »
ya, kate's really getting annoying.... kill her please!!!

loved everything else about this episode!

Offline Ladybug

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 06:20:24 PM »
i loved this episode!  gave it a 10.  classic comedic moments from hurley, questions answered, pure awesome-ness. 

but i agree with everyone else, kate is getting on my nerves.  i thought maybe juliet and sawyer would have a happily ever after moment, then BAM kate has to show up and ruin it.  but it wouldn't be lost without a few suprises.

Offline ButtercupSaiyan

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
It could have been better.  I preferred Some Like It Hoth over this one.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 05:34:40 AM »
I gave it a 9.  Kate is JUST STARTING to get on everyone's nerves?  Hello?  She has been annoying this whole time!  That being said, don't kill her just to appease the crowd.  We are supposed to be annoyed by her right now.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode.  Locke is especially perplexing right now, and what can I say?  I enjoy the mystery.  Thank you, writers of Lost, for keeping the mystery alive in our relationship.

Ditto to LFTS's list for sure.  In typical Lost fashion, a so-so (for Lost) episode (5x14) was followed by an excellent teasing episode.  I can't believe this season is almost over.  It seems like we're just getting started.  I am really interested to see how this will all turn out.  All I know is that if there is a war, I want Richard on my team.  He's pretty intense.  He is like the puppet master.  Okay, I'm rambling.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 07:48:27 AM »
Not yet rated - but thought I wanted to put this down.  After the Jeremy Benthem episode I was not happy.

What redeemed the show going back on track was Locke.
He has a purpose, the island is speaking to him. In all the chatter about insignificant things the most important character is the island.  The island never spoke to Ben and not sure if it did to Richard.

He pulled one of the most amazing feats on the show an that was to have Richard tell him how to do what he needed. 

We also see that even if Locke is being used, as the little tete a tete with Dick (richard) and Ben, makes us wonder just what are these two up to?  Oh is it finally coming to fruition Jacob is a figurehead and is the "man behind the curtain" 

So follow the leader has them going to see the Wizard and I had to embrace i

Daniel may be a phoenix and rise again, who knows, not worried, he has his deliverable there, the notebook.  His mother will figure out what is need, no surprise she may have more power, if the culture is one of fertility she will endure what she need.

In the end - back to Locke- if Locke is sacraficed for the good of all there is to be for the island, I have come to make peace with this as he has a purpose and now lets start the beginning of what will be the end of our series next year!

Pleased with the episode  ;D  but a rating is being decided

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 09:54:31 AM »
You're way overthinking it. ::)
I was ready to vote on the 1/2 hour commercial break.