Poll

How would you rate Episode 5x15, "Follow the Leader"?

10 (best)
14 (56%)
8 (32%)
1 (4%)
2 (8%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (worst)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: Episode 5x15 Rating  (Read 8607 times)

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 5x15 Rating
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2009, 12:02:25 PM »
i loved this episode!  gave it a 10.  classic comedic moments from hurley, questions answered, pure awesome-ness. 

but i agree with everyone else, kate is getting on my nerves.  i thought maybe juliet and sawyer would have a happily ever after moment, then BAM kate has to show up and ruin it.  but it wouldn't be lost without a few suprises.

Just when Sawyer & Juliet are at peace and say I love you (Sawyer already planning on buying Microsoft and betting on known sports winners like the Cowboys in '78) Kate plops down right between the two of them.  I loved the symbolism that she "has come between them again" literally in the sub and in life.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 12:17:17 PM »
Yes, I do don't I then I peeve over the over thinking roflmao ;D
what a goof I am ;D

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 01:57:19 PM »
I liked the episode, but not best, so I gave it a nine.  Loved the Hurley quiz!  Ben was his old sardonic self. Jack and Locke each had a purpose.  Kate got to be the voice of reason.  Daniel thought they MIGHT be able to change the future how?  And if he is wrong you just blow up an island!  WE live our lives and the good comes with the bad.  Blowing up the island does not mean that those who died won't die.  Or it could be that different people will die.  Everyone does, sooner or later.  I don't get why everyone seems to think Kate is selfish for not wanting to set off an h-bomb.
Nobody has yet had a good explanation for not likeing KAte.  (Note: she is not my favorite, either, but I think she gets a bad rap).  Sawyer does much worse, and eveyone loves him! (including me).

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 08:49:28 PM »
what a goof I am ;D

LOL!
Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  How 'bout now? ;D

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 09:16:54 PM »
what a goof I am ;D

LOL!
Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  How 'bout now? ;D
In some ways I am glad the we have one more year!   :P

You have to give me credit Asmo I at least admit I am a bit out there and complain about stuff I do!
Wait we hijacked the thread, we will never make front page ::)

Send the check to Ben and Thlay ;D

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2009, 09:46:46 AM »
Great episode.

Why is everyone annoyed by Kate?? She does not want to let kids die and she does not want to explode a hydrogen bomb. Sounds pretty resonable to me. Have to remember that Kate came back to find Claire, not to change the past or save the island or rescue the DI or to lead the others. It appears to me that she is being pretty consistant and rational

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2009, 12:06:28 PM »
Gee Juggy then you woulnd't want to know that I jumped up an cheered when I thought she had a bullet in her back and then I saw Sayid and went dang ;)

Good point she is there for yet another reason ;D 

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2009, 12:26:09 PM »
Great episode.

Why is everyone annoyed by Kate?? She does not want to let kids die and she does not want to explode a hydrogen bomb. Sounds pretty resonable to me. Have to remember that Kate came back to find Claire, not to change the past or save the island or rescue the DI or to lead the others. It appears to me that she is being pretty consistant and rational

Jug, I am totally with you.  Doesn't anyone understand the concept of ambivalence?  The poor woman is the textbook case of it.  She has to test all her options first.  She's going to come around, and when she does, it's going to be big.

Would it be redundant if I give the episode a 10?  But I'm giving it that rating for one reason only.  They have confused me beyond recognition.  All my theories about this story have rested on John helping, not killing Jacob.  Unless to kill him is to help him.  I love the fact that the story is so dense, so unpredictable.  It is really quite simply one of my favorite stories I have ever encountered in my whole life.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2009, 09:16:56 PM »
gave it a 10. I think every episode is great as there are always some answers for us and of course many more questions.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 10:46:41 PM »
Great episode.

Jug, I am totally with you.  Doesn't anyone understand the concept of ambivalence?  The poor woman is the textbook case of it.  She has to test all her options first.  She's going to come around, and when she does, it's going to be big.

Would it be redundant if I give the episode a 10?  But I'm giving it that rating for one reason only.  They have confused me beyond recognition.  All my theories about this story have rested on John helping, not killing Jacob.  Unless to kill him is to help him.  I love the fact that the story is so dense, so unpredictable.  It is really quite simply one of my favorite stories I have ever encountered in my whole life.

This is why Lakie is so important to me!  She explained Kate perfectly and helped me deal with my dislike of her.  I hate ambivalence and therefore people who are ambivalent ;D

Seriously, without Lakie I would lack much of my insights that I have about Lost!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2009, 10:55:19 PM »
Good stuff as always lakie. I am also very confused after this episode. Next week should be huge.

John could be killing the idea of idea Jacob. If he is really trying to kill him I am completely confused and John may not be a hero after all.

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »
I agree with you Juggy, I think.  I see John as a Jesus like figure.  He is bringing the people to Jacob, they no longer have to rely on others (Ben, Richard, etc.)to intercede and relay messages to them.  They can have their own relationship with him.  Or killing the idea of Jacob in some other way ;)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 11:56:37 PM »
If you move to the biblical terms John is more like Moses bringing the people to the promise land.  But since I have not cared for the biblical references
let us just say Locke is exposing something that has needed to be exposed.

Lakie - I am not sure I agree with her ambivalence.  But I am willing to give her a chance as I believe all the Losties have a role to play in how this well end  period.

Offline Cardacct

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 03:22:07 AM »
Or Jacob is the man behind the curtain, and John is ... um... Dorothy?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:18 AM »
Cardacct-

Imagine that Vincent runs up and pulls the curtain and reveals Jacob!  While John stands there with compass and knife in hand.

Perhaps that is why Richard was disappointed with him when he visited he first tested him.  When John choose the knife.  Maybe the comment to Ben about his being a problem stems from the fact that John has always had the knife with him.  (killing Jacob) either as a methaphor or he is going to kill him :o