Author Topic: Daniel- The Man, The Myth, The Legend :)  (Read 2379 times)

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Daniel- The Man, The Myth, The Legend :)
« on: May 01, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »
So Daniel is definitely an enigma.

1. He is able to manipulate time (at least subconsiously.  i.e., Ellie the rat).
2. Desmond is his constant.
3. He is genetically an "Other" (Hawking + Widmore = Other)
4. His mother is a mystery herself.
5. He was a Dharma Scientist

I posted in another thread that the possible reason Richard & Co. didn't sense him in their perimeter may be due to him being an Other.
http://lost.cubit.net/forum/index.php?topic=9393.15

What else do we know about Daniel. I'm sure there's plenty I've missed.  Furthermore, what remains to be answered regarding him?

I for one would like to know what he found out in Ann Arbor.

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel- The Man, The Myth, The Legend :)
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 03:15:36 PM »
yes but Locke just walked right up on them in 1954 as well.  I just think that sometimes The Others no someone is coming so they are ready. But when they are just hanging out singing camp fire songs they are just normal people.   

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 05:13:25 PM »
yes but Locke just walked right up on them in 1954 as well.  I just think that sometimes The Others no someone is coming so they are ready. But when they are just hanging out singing camp fire songs they are just normal people.  

One could argue that at that time, Locke was an other as well, and that's why he could sneak up on them. I think the reason they didn't know they were there though was simply because they weren't looking for them. The only time the Others have seemed to be other worldly is when they were out in the woods looking for people.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 05:15:58 AM »
Jack and Kate walked right up with him.  I think the Others were just being conveniently unaware.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 12:29:25 PM »
Jack and Kate walked right up with him.  I think the Others were just being conveniently unaware.
I'm tending to think this, too. The Other that finally sees him is... what was he doing? Whittling? lol... so it's not like he was involved in something incredibly enthralling. Dan is nearly on top of him by the time he sees him. And the last time people went out to find the Hostiles (Sawyer & Kate to save Ben), they were caught pretty quickly. There seemed to be fewer people in the Renaissance camp though, so maybe Dan just stumbled in at a time where there was a skeleton crew.  :-\

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 01:51:18 PM »
You would think the Others would have guards, but maybe they don't until later in time.  In the seventies, they were still more laid back. 

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 05:20:43 PM »
If the others knew Daniel was coming and were only conveniently unaware, what's with Richard's pretense of "Do I know you?".

I'm undecided whether the others are so "superhuman" and their security is so tight & flawless. After all Tom and the others got wasted at the beach when the Losties setup an ambush. Although I was kind of disappointed on Keamy's crew getting wasted so easily by the others.....and Smokie was only able to get one of Keamy's crew? Hmmm....pretty inconsistent.

Offline james_sawyer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »
i dont understand dan's surname 'faraday' ..considering his father is widmore and mom is hawking , why is his surname faraday ? unless  eloise re married to a guy wid surname faraday if so where is he ,we dont see him at all ... were widmore and eloise ever married ?

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »
If the others knew Daniel was coming and were only conveniently unaware, what's with Richard's pretense of "Do I know you?".

I'm undecided whether the others are so "superhuman" and their security is so tight & flawless. After all Tom and the others got wasted at the beach when the Losties setup an ambush. Although I was kind of disappointed on Keamy's crew getting wasted so easily by the others.....and Smokie was only able to get one of Keamy's crew? Hmmm....pretty inconsistent.

How would they have known Dan was coming?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2009, 04:15:22 PM »

That's what I'm saying. For the most part, the Others are just people. But once they are in "Other mode", away from the camp with a purpose, they can be invisible if they want.