Author Topic: Theresa  (Read 2362 times)

Offline LibDip

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Theresa
« on: May 01, 2009, 12:37:08 AM »
hi im a long time reader, first time poster. i dont know if this has been posted anywhere else, so i apologize if it has. back in season 1 didn't boone say something like "theresa falls down the stairs" when locke saw a vision of him all bloody? i dont know if there is any possible connection here...

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Theresa
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 12:41:38 AM »
I think he says something like Teresa falls down the stairs Teresa falls up the stairs.  And he says it over and over again.

But I really odnt know what he was talking about.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 11:35:11 AM »
He is talking about his nanny, and how much he liked tormenting her by having her run up and down the stairs doing things for him, and that one time she fell and died...

Here is Theresa's Lostpedia page...
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Theresa_(Deus_Ex_Machina)

And here's the transcript for the episode you're talking about Deus Ex Machina
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex_Machina_transcript

Should explain it. As for the connection to Dan's Theresa, well, I don't see why they would be the same person, so I think they are different people, but I could be wrong about this.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:37:55 PM »
Boone's Theresa died before 2004 and they show Dan in late 2004 with his Theresa so it can not be the same one.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 05:51:24 PM »
But Dan's Theresa's consciousness is travelling between the past and the present.
I never understood that part of the show.
Eloise the rat travelled between now (1996) and a few hours in the future, she died now, so she was
dead in the future too. She never made it to the future. How could she learn the maze in the future?
Minkowski travelled between now (2004) and the past, say 2002. He died now in 2004. But what happened to him in
2002? Did he die there too? And how did he make it to 2004?

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 05:58:00 PM »
But Dan's Theresa's consciousness is travelling between the past and the present.
I never understood that part of the show.
Eloise the rat travelled between now (1996) and a few hours in the future, she died now, so she was
dead in the future too. She never made it to the future. How could she learn the maze in the future?
Minkowski travelled between now (2004) and the past, say 2002. He died now in 2004. But what happened to him in
2002? Did he die there too? And how did he make it to 2004?

Eloise the rat: I was thinking the same thing about if the rat ever got taught the maze....I remember trying to add up the timeframe of it. I think the conclusion I just came to was I just assumed the rat was taught the maze after, then immediately died.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 05:14:58 AM »
There has to be a reason so many characters share names or have similar names on this show: John/Jack/Jacob, Daniel/Danielle, Charles/Charlie/Charlotte, Theresa, Tom, Dave (maybe).  Anymore?  Sarah and Helen could be thrown in there two, although technically that was just fantasy.  The writers can't be that uncreative that they can't come up with different names for each characters, so I'm assuming there's some hidden meaning and purpose.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:16:43 PM »
I've been wondering about the name thing, too.  Why have two Theresas when there are so many other names?  On the other hand, I know more than one Theresa, so it is not such and uncommon thing to know a lot of folks with the same name.