Author Topic: DES & PENNY = Adam & Eve (Cave)  (Read 17219 times)

Offline moyboy

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
DES & PENNY = Adam & Eve (Cave)
« on: April 30, 2009, 09:39:35 PM »
To me the most obvious thing of the night was that the Adam and Eve skeletons in the cave are indeed Des and Penny.
This immediately came to mind when Desmond (once again) told Penny that he would never leave her side.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: DES & PENNY = Adam & Eve (Cave)
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 09:41:14 PM »
To me the most obvious thing of the night was that the Adam and Eve skeletons in the cave are indeed Des and Penny.
This immediately came to mind when Desmond (once again) told Penny that he would never leave her side.

I didn't think about that.  I like it.

I was always on the Rose and Bernard train for Adam and Eve, but I could get on board with Des and Penny.  I thought it would be cool if the answer to the where are Rose and Bernard question is they were off creating human's existence.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 09:42:57 PM by BrianIsLost2 »

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 09:45:25 PM »
I'm still thinking it's Jack and Kate. They're out in the jungle now, and they're the ones who found the corpses to begin with. It would be poetic.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:50:27 PM »
The whole Adam and Eve thing is way too crazy for me to understand.  I've tried....but I just think the "Adam and Eve" skeletons were just some stranded people who died. 

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:16:29 PM »
I think it's Desmond and Penny. Charles will be on the island too. hopefully coexisting with Ji Yeon and Aaron. the next generation.
see Desmond and Penny had those black and white rocks when they were painting the apt a few seasons back.  :-\

Offline this is some crazy stuff

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 12:06:12 AM »
its one of three couples

Des & Penny
Rose & Bernard
Jack & Kate

Im leaning towards
Rose & Bernard
then Des & Penny

I really don't think it will be Jack and Kate.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 02:56:42 AM »
I hope it's not Jack and Kate.  That theory has been thrown around since the very beginning.  I hope it's no one from the future.  I can't imagine why anyone would end up dying there in that position.  Plus, I'm assuming everyone will end up back in present time by the end of the season, so that will make it tricky for the corpses to be Jack or Kate or anyone else from the future since they'd probably die in the series finale if they were gonna die at all.  If they end up still back in time when the series finale is drawing near and Adam and Eve still hasn't been explained, then I'll say "uh-oh."

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 05:51:31 AM »
Whoever died there, did so in the 50s or 60s...because jack said that it took their clothes about 40 to 50 years to decay to the point they had.

Offline Dharma Bum

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 06:12:00 AM »
So, I guess this all points towards some more crazy time jumping to come!  ;D

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 08:46:04 AM »
Yeah, the "I told you I would never leave you" bit seems to point towards Desmond and Penny being Adam & Eve.  But I don't see how TPTB could claim that they intended that from the very start -- (isn't that what they said in some interview?) -- when those two characters hadn't even been introduced at the beginning.  That's my reasoning for arguing that it has to be Jack and Kate (and not even Bernard and Rose) because that's the only "couple" we were shown from Day One (besides Sun and Jin).

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 08:53:01 AM »
I don't see why it couldn't just be another couple. The survivors of flight 815 are not the only people to have been stuck on that island. Could it be two people with ties to the survivors? Sure. But, it doesn't have to be two of them.

Offline ukslim

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 08:55:26 AM »
I don't see why it couldn't just be another couple.

Sure, but where's the poetry in that?

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 09:17:02 AM »
Yeah, the "I told you I would never leave you" bit seems to point towards Desmond and Penny being Adam & Eve.  But I don't see how TPTB could claim that they intended that from the very start -- (isn't that what they said in some interview?) -- when those two characters hadn't even been introduced at the beginning.  That's my reasoning for arguing that it has to be Jack and Kate (and not even Bernard and Rose) because that's the only "couple" we were shown from Day One (besides Sun and Jin).

Just because Des and Penny werent introduced until a little later doesn't mean the writer's didnt have them in mind from the start. They probably had those characters written in from the very start.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 10:56:23 AM »
Whoever died there, did so in the 50s or 60s...because jack said that it took their clothes about 40 to 50 years to decay to the point they had.

I thought later Locke (or someone else) gave a different amount of time (a shorter length) then the original 40-50 years as stated by Jack. I swear I read that as a blooper/continuity error on Lostpedia, but maybe I'm making it up.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 12:07:03 PM »
are we sure its a man and a woman ?
maybe its Locke and Jack :)