Author Topic: DES & PENNY = Adam & Eve (Cave)  (Read 11297 times)

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: DES & PENNY = Adam & Eve (Cave)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 03:15:30 PM »
I hope it is Rose and Bernard...that they got separated from everyone else and lived out the rest of their lives together on the island...right where they wanted to be.  It's romantic.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2009, 03:46:31 PM »
I always thought it was Des and Penny because they have the black and white stones first, but we haven't seen Rose and Bernard and they traveled to 1954. So the time frame is right, and the fact that those charactors mean something to us. but how did they get the stones back? Jack took them and I find it hard to understand why he would pack them and bring them back to the island with him.  did he bring them back and now he will put the stones back where he found them , when he discovers them? it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm stumped.
Can you refresh my memory Mrs. H? When did we see this?

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »
lol, I dont know about "creating the human race"... thats a stretch.

Why is that such a strech?  I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that life started on the island.  Those two skelitons were called Adam and Eve for reason and I can only think of one thing that reason could be; that they are Adam and Eve.  This is LOST after all.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2009, 03:54:53 PM »
I always thought it was Des and Penny because they have the black and white stones first, but we haven't seen Rose and Bernard and they traveled to 1954. So the time frame is right, and the fact that those charactors mean something to us. but how did they get the stones back? Jack took them and I find it hard to understand why he would pack them and bring them back to the island with him.  did he bring them back and now he will put the stones back where he found them , when he discovers them? it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm stumped.
Can you refresh my memory Mrs. H? When did we see this?
I think it was when Des and Penny moved in together and they were painting the apartment. there was a black and white rock on the table. I saw a screen shot of these when the episode first aired so it was a while ago. I'll see if I can find it again somewhere if I have the time...

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2009, 04:14:39 PM »
They could also be Widmore and Eloise ending the very old conflict that
is bigger than all of them, finally returning to the island and dying in 1954,
because according to Dan Eloise seems to know how to travel in time.

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2009, 04:22:29 PM »
Has it been discussed at naseum somewhere previously as to the why the skeletons would be holding a black and white rock, respectively.  It doesn't sound random... either someone placed the rocks in their hands after they died to represent something or they were purposefully holding the rocks as they died to represent something (maybe back to Locke's "yin and yang" theory).  Maybe a good brainstorm as to why they end up this way may shed some light as to who it might actually be.  Just a thought... and one that I don't have an idea on just yet.

Offline Dharma Bum

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2009, 04:42:33 PM »

Why is that such a strech?  I wouldn't be surprised if we found out that life started on the island.  Those two skelitons were called Adam and Eve for reason and I can only think of one thing that reason could be; that they are Adam and Eve.  This is LOST after all.

I would be REALLY disappointed if the show ended up taking the creationism route... Considering the amount of science-based theories they use, I would think that they're more about evolution.

I'm still not sure who the skeletons are, but I kind of like that. It will make the reveal even more of a "wow" moment. (At least I hope).

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2009, 04:46:18 PM »
Whoever died there, did so in the 50s or 60s...because jack said that it took their clothes about 40 to 50 years to decay to the point they had.

I thought later Locke (or someone else) gave a different amount of time (a shorter length) then the original 40-50 years as stated by Jack. I swear I read that as a blooper/continuity error on Lostpedia, but maybe I'm making it up.
When Locke finds the Nigerian "priest," Boone asks Locke how long the guy had been dead. Locke tells him that in this jungle climate, it could be anywhere between 2-10 years. By this calculation, Jack's original 40-50 year estimation of Adam and Eve's death would be more like an 8-50 year range.  :-\

Also, the caves were out of the elements more, and the caves were cooler, so they would have decomposed slower than a body that's just out in the sun. So I think after really examing all of this evidence, we should just stick with Jack's 40-50 years estimation.

I hope it is Rose and Bernard...that they got separated from everyone else and lived out the rest of their lives together on the island...right where they wanted to be.  It's romantic.

Awwwwww, HM, that's so sweet I'm getting diabetes and my foot needs to be cut off. Seriously though, you don't see that as being a cheap cop out??

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2009, 04:57:15 PM »

I would be REALLY disappointed if the show ended up taking the creationism route... Considering the amount of science-based theories they use, I would think that they're more about evolution.

I'm still not sure who the skeletons are, but I kind of like that. It will make the reveal even more of a "wow" moment. (At least I hope).

Yes, they have thrown in a lot of science, but don't forget the truck loads of religion and myths that they have put in too.  I'm sure that the end will be some healthly mix of the two.  LOST has its own mythos.  I'm not saying that the point of LOST is to show us the start of the Christianity or that religion is true or whatever, but trust me, those skeletons were called Adam and Eve for a reason.  It is going to tie into a religous element for sure.  Why else would they be called Adam and Eve if not to refrense that story?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2009, 05:10:27 PM »
Well, you know that in the original story behind Adam and Eve that Christianity stole, their names weren't Adam and Eve right?? So since we're talking about the depth that the LOST writers go to put detail in their stories, why wouldn't they have called them Adam and Hawwa??

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2009, 05:18:28 PM »
And I'm pretty sure Locke was describing the clothing, not the body, when he was estimating the decomposition. Jack's a doctor but not a mortician. I'm sure a spinal surgeon has experience with dead bodies but I don't think it's to the point where he can estimate time of death based on a quick overview, in a jungle setting, with who knows what kinds of elements being factors.

But John Locke is just a box-man. Most of his "experience" comes from articles in magazines! Jack's a doctor! I'll take his word over Lucky Locke.

Offline BrianIsLost2

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2009, 05:38:18 PM »
Well, you know that in the original story behind Adam and Eve that Christianity stole, their names weren't Adam and Eve right?? So since we're talking about the depth that the LOST writers go to put detail in their stories, why wouldn't they have called them Adam and Hawwa??

I think your arguing the wrong point.  The point is they did name them Adam and Eve.  I think you know why it is more effective to call them Adam and Eve and not Adam and Hawwa.  Not everyone has a vast knowlege of religous storie's origins.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 05:43:13 PM by BrianIsLost2 »

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2009, 05:55:56 PM »
I think they called them Adam and Eve, because they thought the island was
uninhabited. A paradise with just 2 people on it.
They found them way before they found Rousseau, Henry Gale or others.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2009, 06:44:21 PM »
opgelost , always the voice of reason.   ;)
and I think you're right. that is why they called them that. but I'm sure the names will tie in somehow. but on a scale from 1-10 how important are these two people going to be to the core of the story. I wonder.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2009, 07:41:52 PM »
Yeah....still think it's Jack and Kate. Still can't believe that Jack could accurately determine TOD. Hey if I'm wrong I'm wrong, it happens a lot.  ;)