Author Topic: What If.....  (Read 8863 times)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: What If.....
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 10:15:26 PM »
I thought the end to Angel was pretty terrible, too. Let's not end it with everybody on the island running towards Smokey, cut to black.... lol

ya know, Angel took place in San Francisco.
so I was totally hoping the producers would be able to snag a special guest appearance by Paige, Piper, and Phoebe: The Charmed Ones, whose show also took place in San Francisco.

Even if all the did was have The Elders flash The Charmed Ones to the alley in the final 15 seconds of Angel.
They would flash in next to Angel and Spike and be all confused and say, "Leo, what are we doing here ?"
And then Spike would say, "I don't know who you are, but I hope you know how to fight demons"

Then the sisters look down the alley and see all the demons approaching and everyone takes up a fighting stance, then ... fade to black.

That's what I was hoping for.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2009, 04:21:32 AM »
I thought the end to Angel was pretty terrible, too. Let's not end it with everybody on the island running towards Smokey, cut to black.... lol
ya know, Angel took place in San Francisco.
so I was totally hoping the producers would be able to snag a special guest appearance by Paige, Piper, and Phoebe: The Charmed Ones, whose show also took place in San Francisco.

Even if all the did was have The Elders flash The Charmed Ones to the alley in the final 15 seconds of Angel.
They would flash in next to Angel and Spike and be all confused and say, "Leo, what are we doing here ?"
And then Spike would say, "I don't know who you are, but I hope you know how to fight demons"

Then the sisters look down the alley and see all the demons approaching and everyone takes up a fighting stance, then ... fade to black.

That's what I was hoping for.
I... think that your ending would have made just as much sense as the one they actually used, lol! But I'm pretty sure Angel was in L.A., I think a little cross-over between that and any series would have helped in that last episode.  :-\

Offline Pepsi-Maxx

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2009, 08:50:37 PM »
lol i came back to check posts and the hysteria that has insued. But one thing i notice is that, i think majority of people are not going to be happy with an end but would rather have an end than fade to black.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »
that sounds a little like the end of Arrested Development

I liked A.D., but didn't watch it religiously. I'll have to get it on DVD before the movie comes out.

You know, I always ended up missing the last episode, and thought there was going to be some super awesome ending, and then one day I taped it, and watched it later that afternoon. God was that awful. Just plain terrible.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2009, 05:06:11 PM »
You know, I always ended up missing the last episode, and thought there was going to be some super awesome ending, and then one day I taped it, and watched it later that afternoon. God was that awful. Just plain terrible.
Ug. You should've just asked a friend who'd seen it and not even put yourself through that. A friend of mine tried "explaining" it to me, how it fit with the rest of the series. I should have smacked him.  ;)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2009, 05:15:22 PM »
Ug. You should've just asked a friend who'd seen it and not even put yourself through that. A friend of mine tried "explaining" it to me, how it fit with the rest of the series. I should have smacked him.  ;)

I would have if I had known, but I only would have known if I watched it. So by not watching it and taping it, I travel back in time and get shot by my mother. Wait, what just happened there??

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2009, 05:17:17 PM »
I would have if I had known, but I only would have known if I watched it. So by not watching it and taping it, I travel back in time and get shot by my mother. Wait, what just happened there??
LOL! No! No crossovers! My mind's scrambled as it is...  :'(

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2009, 06:03:49 PM »
The reveal is never as good as the trick. Enjoy the ride....

I predict a majority will be disappointed in the ending.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2009, 08:24:11 PM »
Okay, so I always really liked the show Roseanne.....about a year ago I saw the final episode of the show...it made me wish I never had watched it at all.  I hate it when that happens.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2009, 09:29:57 PM »
lol i came back to check posts and the hysteria that has insued. But one thing i notice is that, i think majority of people are not going to be happy with an end but would rather have an end than fade to black.

Pulling a plug is never easy, fade to black as in never waking up or dying a horrible death.  None the less the end is teh end and you are right we will have some happy people and some unhappy people.  Can't please everyone all of the time.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2009, 04:46:55 PM »
Okay, so I always really liked the show Roseanne.....about a year ago I saw the final episode of the show...it made me wish I never had watched it at all.  I hate it when that happens.
yeah that show ended really weirdly, but you know, you can't please everyone, I hold to the fact that most of us will hate the finale of Lost, because we have all built it up so much that it could never live up to our expectations.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2009, 05:00:09 PM »

But the new Becky was hot, so that's pretty cool, and then she went onto Scrubs. Sorry, I have no idea what this has to do with what you said, but, hey, Sarah Chalke, right?? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Sarah chalke.

Offline toadsage

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2009, 05:03:36 PM »

But the new Becky was hot, so that's pretty cool, and then she went onto Scrubs. Sorry, I have no idea what this has to do with what you said, but, hey, Sarah Chalke, right?? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, Sarah chalke.

i second that. she does those hanes commercials, and when i see them all i can think about is her in underwear!!!

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2009, 05:11:41 PM »
I remember an episode where DJ as an adult played by John Goodman was in therapy and kept saying "they say she's the same, but she isn't the same" and finally in the end of the episode, they showed a montage of both Beckys back to back. It was pretty funny

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2009, 08:37:03 PM »
Aren't most people happy with the last episode of every season of Lost? And the first episode of every season? And most of the episodes in between? Why would anyone think that the same amazing talent that brought us all those memorable moments would suddenly produce anything other than what we've come to expect? Why are people's expectations changing all of a sudden?