Author Topic: What If.....  (Read 6686 times)

Offline tonysee200x

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: What If.....
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »
Aren't most people happy with the last episode of every season of Lost? And the first episode of every season? And most of the episodes in between? Why would anyone think that the same amazing talent that brought us all those memorable moments would suddenly produce anything other than what we've come to expect? Why are people's expectations changing all of a sudden?

Because these episodes always end on a mystery or more questions. People expect the last episode to end on an answer. The answer can not possible be as interesting as they (and us) have built it up to be.

You already see this happening as we start getting answers. For example were most people happy with the reason Kate said to Jack "you can never ask me a Aaron"? Did the answer live up to what was expected the moment she flopped on the bed and said that?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2009, 12:13:36 PM »
Aren't most people happy with the last episode of every season of Lost? And the first episode of every season? And most of the episodes in between? Why would anyone think that the same amazing talent that brought us all those memorable moments would suddenly produce anything other than what we've come to expect? Why are people's expectations changing all of a sudden?

Because these episodes always end on a mystery or more questions. People expect the last episode to end on an answer. The answer can not possible be as interesting as they (and us) have built it up to be.

You already see this happening as we start getting answers. For example were most people happy with the reason Kate said to Jack "you can never ask me a Aaron"? Did the answer live up to what was expected the moment she flopped on the bed and said that?

Well that's hardly fair. You picked a weak question/answer combination. How about why Oceanic 815 crashed?? That to me was an awesome answer.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2009, 12:18:59 PM »
Didn't we already know what caused the plane to crash?  I wasn't surprised or felt like they revealed anything when Daniel said what caused the crash.

In one of the Season 2 episodes when Desmond is speaking to someone about NOT pressing the button and the effects it would have, didn't he say that there was one time when he either didn't press the button or didn't press it in time ... and looked through all of his printouts and then announced something to the effect of: "There was one time I didn't push the button in time -- that was September __, 2004, the day your plane crashed."

I'll find the exact quote, but I clearly remember the scene where he's rifling through his papers to find what day that was, and that was the same day the plane crashed and he linked it together.

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 06, 2009, 12:21:32 PM »
Alright, here's the exact circumstance under which (we already knew) the plane crashed.  Someone on another Lost forum already spelled it out:

"The plane crash was a direct result of Desmond not pushing the button on time back when kelvin died. Desmond and Kelvin had a fight on the rocks, and kelvin hits his head. Desmond has to run back to the hatch to press the button. Desmond gets back to the hatch computer well after the button should have been pressed, and the electromagnetic energy has by now affected flight 815. Flight 815 starts to break apart over the Island as Desmond is now entering the numbers and containing the electromagnetic energy back to a safe level. So Kelvin died on the same day that flight 815 crashed on the Island."

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 06, 2009, 12:36:35 PM »
Didn't we already know what caused the plane to crash?  I wasn't surprised or felt like they revealed anything when Daniel said what caused the crash.

In one of the Season 2 episodes when Desmond is speaking to someone about NOT pressing the button and the effects it would have, didn't he say that there was one time when he either didn't press the button or didn't press it in time ... and looked through all of his printouts and then announced something to the effect of: "There was one time I didn't push the button in time -- that was September __, 2004, the day your plane crashed."

I'll find the exact quote, but I clearly remember the scene where he's rifling through his papers to find what day that was, and that was the same day the plane crashed and he linked it together.

Alright, here's the exact circumstance under which (we already knew) the plane crashed.  Someone on another Lost forum already spelled it out:

"The plane crash was a direct result of Desmond not pushing the button on time back when kelvin died. Desmond and Kelvin had a fight on the rocks, and kelvin hits his head. Desmond has to run back to the hatch to press the button. Desmond gets back to the hatch computer well after the button should have been pressed, and the electromagnetic energy has by now affected flight 815. Flight 815 starts to break apart over the Island as Desmond is now entering the numbers and containing the electromagnetic energy back to a safe level. So Kelvin died on the same day that flight 815 crashed on the Island."

This is exactly what I was referencing. This was a big reveal, and I thought it was awesome. What did you think i was talking about??

Offline powerful

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 06, 2009, 01:26:34 PM »

This is exactly what I was referencing. This was a big reveal, and I thought it was awesome. What did you think i was talking about??

Yes, it is a great revelation.
And don't forget when we know the origin of DI, it is freaking awesome
Sawyer VS Sawyer is always the best answer on LOST for me.

However, I just do not hope the series finale would have anything dealt with time travel
I hope the whole 1977 thing can end in season 5
Then great real answers would be on the ride in season 6 and exciting answers are coming

Alias series finale feels rushed but it is still excellent for me to enjoy.
So I hope LOST can live to the hype and surpasses any other TV series!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 06, 2009, 02:18:53 PM »

Your phrasing has lost me. "...when we know the origin of the DI, it is freaking awesome"?? and what do you mean by Sawyer Vs. Sawyer is the best answer??

Offline powerful

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 08, 2009, 12:19:55 PM »

Your phrasing has lost me. "...when we know the origin of the DI, it is freaking awesome"?? and what do you mean by Sawyer Vs. Sawyer is the best answer??

It is referring to the answer in season 3, that we finally get the confirmation of Locke's father, Anthony Copper, is the real Sawyer.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 08, 2009, 01:37:48 PM »

It is referring to the answer in season 3, that we finally get the confirmation of Locke's father, Anthony Copper, is the real Sawyer.

Okay, I get the Sawyer Vs. Sawyer thing, and yes, that was really cool, but I'm still lost on the whole "...when we know the origin of the DI, it is freaking awesome" comment.