Author Topic: Where was Ellie?  (Read 3825 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Where was Ellie?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2009, 04:29:24 PM »
LostGirlDeb... I was just referring to the message with which I started this thread.  I was thinking back to the way some things just seem to appear out of nowhere on the Island, which Ben once metaphorically described to Locke as a "magic box".  And I was wondering, whatever this "box" is, if it's also related to why Ellie appeared out of nowhere to shoot Daniel, and by extension whether it is related to how Richard & his posse so often appear out of nowhere to intercept the Losties on the Others' turf.  It's obviously not a fully developed theory; it's barely a coherent idea.  I'm not advocating it, just raising it as a possibility to see if anybody thinks it has any potential.

This is in direct opposition to the "Spidey-sense" theory I have seen bandied about lately -- that somehow the Others sense or innately feel incursions into their territory by non-Others.  I myself find that one a little hard to swallow. ;)

Well, if they are in tuned with the island well enough, this could make sense. I've never heard it/read it anywhere, so I'm going on your word about it. As for your box theory, don't be so hard on yourself. Just because people don't agree, that's no reason to give up. Relax.