Author Topic: Charlotte  (Read 6811 times)

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2009, 02:09:08 PM »
I still see no reason for Dan to tell Charlotte at all. What was she 5? How is telling her going to save her life?

Mom, Dad I know you are busy with your research for this Dharma company and all but a creepy guy just came up to me while I was on the swing eating chocolate before dinner like I am not allowed to. He told me that I need to leave the island and never return or I will die. So lets get our bags packed and get off of this island and return to the UK.

I think he told her for him. Not for her. He obviously wants to try and help her and that was the best he could do. He hadn't realized the whole "variable" theory yet so I doubt he thought that warning her would actually do any good. But he felt he had to at least do something.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »
I still see no reason for Dan to tell Charlotte at all. What was she 5? How is telling her going to save her life?

Mom, Dad I know you are busy with your research for this Dharma company and all but a creepy guy just came up to me while I was on the swing eating chocolate before dinner like I am not allowed to. He told me that I need to leave the island and never return or I will die. So lets get our bags packed and get off of this island and return to the UK.

I think he told her for him. Not for her. He obviously wants to try and help her and that was the best he could do. He hadn't realized the whole "variable" theory yet so I doubt he thought that warning her would actually do any good. But he felt he had to at least do something.

I'm pretty sure he had the idea about the variable(s) theory. Why else come back to the island??

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2009, 08:01:22 PM »

I'm pretty sure he had the idea about the variable(s) theory. Why else come back to the island??

Why would he come back to the Island? Because he was a mental basket case, Widmore wanted him to go, and his mom told him it would make her proud.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2009, 01:01:22 PM »

Why would he come back to the Island? Because he was a mental basket case, Widmore wanted him to go, and his mom told him it would make her proud.

He was so not a mental basket case back in 1977. He was fine at that point (except for the losing Charlotte issue). And Widmore and his mother wanted him to go when he was in 2004, so the issue of making his mother proud is null and void at this point.

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »

He was so not a mental basket case back in 1977. He was fine at that point (except for the losing Charlotte issue). And Widmore and his mother wanted him to go when he was in 2004, so the issue of making his mother proud is null and void at this point.

Which Daniel are you talking about "in 1977"? The unborn one, or the one who was just sent back through time? If you mean the adult Daniel was not a basket case in 1977, that is because he was recently healed by the Island upon his return. Before coming back to the Island, he was a basket case. The only reason he came back was because his mother and Widmore orchestrated his return - not because he had a plan to change history with his new variable theory. He could barely tie his own shoes.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 12:29:00 PM »
Which Daniel are you talking about "in 1977"? The unborn one, or the one who was just sent back through time? If you mean the adult Daniel was not a basket case in 1977, that is because he was recently healed by the Island upon his return. Before coming back to the Island, he was a basket case. The only reason he came back was because his mother and Widmore orchestrated his return - not because he had a plan to change history with his new variable theory. He could barely tie his own shoes.

Wait, I think you and I are getting our Daniel's mixed up. First and Foremost, I'm not talking about the parasite that Elloise is pregnant with, so when I say Daniel, that shouldn't even be in your head.

As far as the Daniel that is in 1977, that is the same one that came to the island in 2004. Now, when he got to the island, yes, there was something wrong with his brain, but after the FDW got turned, he seemed to get better and more focused. I think that was when the healing process was finished.

BUT, the daniel that is on the island in 1977 (the one I originally was posting about) came back to the island (from Ann Arbour) because he had the variable theory, and wanted to change things.

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 05:07:31 PM »

Wait, I think you and I are getting our Daniel's mixed up. First and Foremost, I'm not talking about the parasite that Elloise is pregnant with, so when I say Daniel, that shouldn't even be in your head.

As far as the Daniel that is in 1977, that is the same one that came to the island in 2004. Now, when he got to the island, yes, there was something wrong with his brain, but after the FDW got turned, he seemed to get better and more focused. I think that was when the healing process was finished.

BUT, the daniel that is on the island in 1977 (the one I originally was posting about) came back to the island (from Ann Arbour) because he had the variable theory, and wanted to change things.

OH!!! Back to the Island from ANN ARBOUR!!! We were talking about the same Daneil, just different return trips to the Island! OK, let me go back and re-read everything...

Yeah, I'm with you now :)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:18:49 PM »

OH!!! Back to the Island from ANN ARBOUR!!! We were talking about the same Daneil, just different return trips to the Island! OK, let me go back and re-read everything...

Yeah, I'm with you now :)

I knew we were getting crossed somewhere.

Offline Maddog13

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 09:09:31 AM »
How is Daniel not born yet and Charlotte is about 5 year old she looked alot younger than him before she died.  Ellie isn't pregnant with Dan, it could be Penny!! :o but then again Penny isn't younger than Charlotte either. I dunno but seems to me that if its Dan its an error.

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2009, 09:25:42 AM »
Eloise is not Penny's mother. So she is either pregnant with daniel and he looks older than he is or he has a sibling we don't know about.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2009, 10:41:56 AM »
How is Daniel not born yet and Charlotte is about 5 year old she looked alot younger than him before she died.  Ellie isn't pregnant with Dan, it could be Penny!! :o but then again Penny isn't younger than Charlotte either. I dunno but seems to me that if its Dan its an error.

It is possible that Daniel is already born, and is just not on the island. But also, keep in mind that if Daniel has not been born yet, and Charlotte is by default older than him, she probably takes better care of herself than Dan does. I know that is kind of sexist to say that, but it seems to be the most reasonable answer.