Author Topic: Charlotte  (Read 5791 times)

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 12:15:47 PM »
Another reason people might not have freaked out about the situation.  This is Dharmaville, everyone knows everyone.

It's not like there is a guy in a car down the street watching kids or a strange man in the backyard talking to kids.

It's just crazy Danny boy who's no danger to anyone talking to a kid.

Offline nomteticus

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 12:16:25 PM »
It makes sense that he told her since there are three possible outcomes:

1) Daniel saves the day and Charlotte lives
2) Daniel doesn't save the day and Charlotte dies in the purge in 1992
3) Daniel doesn't save the day but Charlotte leaves the island and returns to die in 2004

So telling her bought her 12 years of life. Strange though, him being his mother's son, that he didn't know about course correction, that even if (1) happens, she can still die in a different way, like Charlie did.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 03:54:51 PM »
In regards to people asking where her mom was, I'm thinking they don't want us knowing who her mom is, just yet...I think it's going to be a huge reveal when it does happen...

Didn't think of this until you just said it, but what if Charlotte's mom, is Ellie. I know that's a bit of a stretch, but it would explain why they haven't shown us who Charlotte's mom is, where Ellie was when Daniel came into the camp looking for her, and why Ellie left the island.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 04:07:15 PM »
I've been revisitting old LOST episodes and in the backstory of Mr. Eko, a priest sends him to the house of a young girl who had drowned and then when the doctor was performing an autopsy, she came back to life.  A recording of the girl screaming was played for Eko and he was sent to the girl's house to do an investigation.  The girl looked about 14 or 15 (maybe she was older??) with red hair.  Her name was Charlotte.  She was the daughter of the psychic who had told Claire that she was the only one who could look after Aaron. 

I am not sure if this was coincidence, but found it bizarre that there were two characters named Charlotte. This girl was starting to have visions after her "near death" experience and had warned Eko not to get on the plane to Oceanic. 

Could she be one and the same?

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 04:09:00 PM »
I agree.  And I kept thinking- "Why aren't any of the adults alarmed by this man talking to this little girl?!" 
It was the seventies, and we were not as paranoid about the possibility of child molesting as we are now.  It is possible for adults to enjoy children in a purely friendly way and not to have inappropriate feelings for them!

Yep, plus it was within the safety of the Dharma village on a remote island where only those carefully screened would ever go to. It's not like he walked up to her off the street or something lol...

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 04:10:53 PM »
I've been revisitting old LOST episodes and in the backstory of Mr. Eko, a priest sends him to the house of a young girl who had drowned and then when the doctor was performing an autopsy, she came back to life.  A recording of the girl screaming was played for Eko and he was sent to the girl's house to do an investigation.  The girl looked about 14 or 15 (maybe she was older??) with red hair.  Her name was Charlotte.  She was the daughter of the psychic who had told Claire that she was the only one who could look after Aaron. 

I am not sure if this was coincidence, but found it bizarre that there were two characters named Charlotte. This girl was starting to have visions after her "near death" experience and had warned Eko not to get on the plane to Oceanic. 

I'm gonna assume it's "no" because the ages wouldn't match up. Charlotte would have been older at her time of meeting Echo (she was the same girl who went to the airport and talked to Echo then as well, right?)

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 04:11:55 PM »
I don't know if this has been said but I never got the sense she was that much older than than Faraday

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 04:13:13 PM »

I'm gonna assume it's "no" because the ages wouldn't match up. Charlotte would have been older at her time of meeting Echo (she was the same girl who went to the airport and talked to Echo then as well, right?)

Yeah that's what I figured. Their similarities were a bit unnerving.  She even had the same accent. 

I think she was supposed to be close to the same age as Dan?  Not sure. 

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 06:56:48 PM »
I agree.  And I kept thinking- "Why aren't any of the adults alarmed by this man talking to this little girl?!" 
It was the seventies, and we were not as paranoid about the possibility of child molesting as we are now.  It is possible for adults to enjoy children in a purely friendly way and not to have inappropriate feelings for them!
Yeah, I concur.  I actually considered that right after I posted that.  It wasn't until the 80s that people started paying more attention to child abuse and started to be more vigilant.

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 12:54:27 AM »

I loved this idea! Nice one. So I went back and watched those bits of episode 2x21. I'm afraid it turns out that girls name was Charlotte Malcolm. Our Charlotte's last name is Lewis. And, as has been pointed out, the girl was much younger than our Charlotte. She was only 17(?) when she stopped Eko in the airport before his flight to tell him about meeting up with Yemi again soon.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 09:39:24 PM »

I loved this idea! Nice one. So I went back and watched those bits of episode 2x21. I'm afraid it turns out that girls name was Charlotte Malcolm. Our Charlotte's last name is Lewis. And, as has been pointed out, the girl was much younger than our Charlotte. She was only 17(?) when she stopped Eko in the airport before his flight to tell him about meeting up with Yemi again soon.

Ahhhh joshzam! I'm so glad one of us pays attention to detail (like the girl's last name!) LOL!  I was pretty sure it wasn't her because of the age difference, but wow, it had me going there for a while!!

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:26 AM »
Did anyone else observe/think that Teresa's accent sounded exactly like Charlotte?

Offline Souldrinker

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2009, 12:07:33 PM »
Did anyone else observe/think that Teresa's accent sounded exactly like Charlotte?

Well , their both british ;)

Offline Adriana

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 12:15:37 PM »
Maybe accent isn't the right word.  Indeed they are both British, but there is some twang or mannerism to Charlotte's accent that I feel is fairly Charlotte-specific.  I felt like Teresa's twang and voice itself very closely mirrored Charlotte's in a way other British girls' voices don't.

I might have just had Charlotte on the brain when watching, but I thought it was fitting that Daniel was subconsciously attracted to the same auditory characteristics in two girls.

I see I am alone here ... haha.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2009, 12:32:40 PM »
I still see no reason for Dan to tell Charlotte at all. What was she 5? How is telling her going to save her life?

Mom, Dad I know you are busy with your research for this Dharma company and all but a creepy guy just came up to me while I was on the swing eating chocolate before dinner like I am not allowed to. He told me that I need to leave the island and never return or I will die. So lets get our bags packed and get off of this island and return to the UK.