Author Topic: Charlotte  (Read 5891 times)

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Charlotte
« on: April 30, 2009, 12:16:33 AM »
Okay, can someone tell me when Daniel fell in love with Charlotte?  How long was that frieghter ride?

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Charlotte
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 12:18:46 AM »
It looks like Daniel falls in love pretty fast. It would take a good week. I think they did some pre departure work. Organizing and preparing for the trip.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:19:46 AM »
Daniel is a little crazy. What other girls were in the boat? Naomi, who he knew he had no chance with. And there was that Zoe Bell character that got all but 45 seconds of screen time. You figure Danny boy being a bit out of his mind simply obsessed over the chick he had a snowball chance of banging.

But that whole scene with little Charlotte was just uncomfortable. It was weird. The bad kind of weird.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 12:24:08 AM »
I agree.  And I kept thinking- "Why aren't any of the adults alarmed by this man talking to this little girl?!" 

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 01:24:40 AM »
At least it's easy to see why the experience scared her so badly as a little child -- and probably why she blocked it out/suppressed the memory until it resurfaced on her deathbed.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 02:41:01 AM »
Well, he seems less crazy since his visit to Ann Arbor...why didn't he just talk to Charlotte's mom instead? That seems more logical.

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 03:18:07 AM »
Well, he seems less crazy since his visit to Ann Arbor...why didn't he just talk to Charlotte's mom instead? That seems more logical.

Just seeing her as a little child, he was probably desperate to save her.  He felt that because they are variables, they could actually change the future.  He didn't have time, and she was there so he just went to her.  That's my guess anyway.

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 05:27:58 AM »
Maybe he fell in love with her because he's always been in love with her? You know, that whole time loop thing lol.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 09:05:12 AM »
Daniel never received love from his mother, just pressure.  He only agreed to go to the island for Widmore because his mother confirmed that just going would make her proud of him.  He seeks her approval so desperately.  I am sure he would easily fall for any woman who would show him the least bit of encouragement.

OK, so I took some psychology in college.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »
Maybe he fell in love with her because he's always been in love with her? You know, that whole time loop thing lol.

But I don't think this is like Ground Hog Day....although, you know last night I was thinking.

Remember waayyyyy back in Season 1 when Smokey was approaching the beach and Rose said (loosely) "It sounds familiar".  So last night I was like "I wonder if it sounded familiar because THEY EXPERIENCED THIS BEFORE!!!"

But I don't really believe that.  My opinion though..

Offline Falam

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 09:31:05 AM »
I agree.  And I kept thinking- "Why aren't any of the adults alarmed by this man talking to this little girl?!" 

Funny I kept thinking that if Charlotte's not supposed to eat chocolate before dinner, why's she out there on the swing set and not hiding behind a Dharma condo stuffing her face..?

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 09:33:18 AM »

Because Charlotte's Mom would have FREAKED OUT. Whereas Charlotte only recalled the "crazy man" on her deathbed.

Offline trodge

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 10:46:29 AM »
In regards to people asking where her mom was, I'm thinking they don't want us knowing who her mom is, just yet...I think it's going to be a huge reveal when it does happen...

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 12:00:02 PM »
In regards to people asking where her mom was, I'm thinking they don't want us knowing who her mom is, just yet...I think it's going to be a huge reveal when it does happen...
Good point tordge. I was wondering why we didn't see her mom last night. I was kind of expecting to.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 12:02:35 PM »
It was the seventies, and we were not as paranoid about the possibility of child molesting as we are now.  It is possible for adults to enjoy children in a purely friendly way and not to have inappropriate feelings for them!