Author Topic: Eloise at the hospital  (Read 6788 times)

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Eloise at the hospital
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2009, 12:20:35 PM »
When we look at the amount of time Mrs. Hawking was at the hospital, she was really only there for what, 5 minutes?? To talk to Penny about why Desmond got shot, and basically give her a cryptic message about the island. As she leaves, she looked to me to have a very suspicious look on her face, so I think that she was baiting Desmond back to the island through Penny, and that as a matter of fact, she does know what's going to happen.

That could very well be. I kept being reminded of what Abaddon said his job was -- "to get people where they needed to be." It seems to me that is also what Eloise is/has been doing.

Offline mrose4243

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2009, 02:35:17 PM »
I found it interesting that Desmond is brought to the hospital 'coding' - looks serious enough that he's gonna die.

Eloise shows up and suddenly Desmond is in the recovery room.  Meanwhile (!) in 1977, her son Daniel is dying from a gunshot wound inflicted by Eloise.

Did Eloise have something to do with keeping Desmond alive?  Charles is outside the hospital all concerned about a son-in-law that he supposedly hates, and is relieved that he's going to be ok, and he doesn't even try to see Penny!

Something fishy is going on with this, and it's driving me nutz that I don't know what it is!

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2009, 02:51:51 PM »
You know, every since the outside the hospital scene with Charles and Eloise I've been thinking that Charles actually doesn't hate Desmond. He said he had to sacrifice his relationship with his daughter and I think the reason why he was so dissaproving of Des is because he needed to be to push Desmond to do what he needed to do. And he needed to push Penny away from him and to Desmond in order for her to be safe.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2009, 02:57:31 PM »
You know, every since the outside the hospital scene with Charles and Eloise I've been thinking that Charles actually doesn't hate Desmond. He said he had to sacrifice his relationship with his daughter and I think the reason why he was so dissaproving of Des is because he needed to be to push Desmond to do what he needed to do. And he needed to push Penny away from him and to Desmond in order for her to be safe.

Exactly. By "hating" Desmond, he in turn loses his daughter, who he truly cares about. I think the whole "you don't make enough money so I disapprove of you" is nothing but a charade. The result? Desmond enters the race around the world and winds up on the island.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »
Something that bothers me is that the gunshot seemed to hit Desmond in a non-critical location.  Hell, he gets up and beats the crap out of Ben.  Then, he's in critical condition at the hospital???  I'm sorry but adrenaline will only do so much.

Offline mrose4243

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2009, 03:15:58 PM »
Ah, yes!  Thank you for that.  I should have seen that:  'go away I hate you' really means 'I love you so much that I'll sacrifice my relationship with you to keep you safe'.

This is making me think that no matter how evil some of these characters are portrayed, there's a good reason for them to act the way they do.  We've seen it with Ben, Eloise, and even Charles - who I thought was more evil than Ben!

I really like how the show gives us the 'black' and 'white' - but then throws them together to make these 'gray' areas.

I still have a feeling that Eloise had something to do with Desmond's super quick recovery, though!

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2009, 04:18:06 PM »

Don't forget that Charles told Desmond, "It's not me who hates you" in the bathroom at the auction house. I thought it may have been Hawking whom hated Desmond, but now I really don't have a clue.

Why was Widmore at the hospital? He could have just had his agents report back on Desmond's condition.  ???

The whole Hawking/Widmore scene was really odd.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 01, 2009, 04:30:40 PM »
Desmond's work on the island is not finished, both Widmore and Hawking didn't want him to die.
They were there to check if he would be ok. And Widmore was there because Ben called him
that he was going to kill Penny. I guess he went to L.A. immediatly after that phonecall.

Maybe Des has to go to the island to save their son, Daniel. Desmond is Daniel's constant.
And I never got why he is, because a constant is something you really care about.
If Des saves Daniel's life, Daniel will care about him and me too.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 04, 2009, 11:26:29 AM »

Don't forget that Charles told Desmond, "It's not me who hates you" in the bathroom at the auction house. I thought it may have been Hawking whom hated Desmond, but now I really don't have a clue.

Why was Widmore at the hospital? He could have just had his agents report back on Desmond's condition.  ???

The whole Hawking/Widmore scene was really odd.
He did mean Penny. But the reason why Penny hated him at that moment was cause he left her. He ran away and joined the army. I figure Widmore knew that Penny needed to end up with Desmond. But he had to do it in a way that ensured Desmond (and maybe Penny later) return to the island to do their "work".