Author Topic: Eloise at the hospital  (Read 7099 times)

Offline soulska

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Re: Eloise at the hospital
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 08:40:44 AM »
No, we learned from a flashback that Charles had a daughter with an outsider on the main land. Eloise was an other on the island, same dad different moms.
strike my theory...   :D

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:48 AM »
I know this will sound weird but i still feel like that there son, Desmond is..

I don't think he is their son but I think he is someone extremely important to them. Otherwise Eloise wouldn't have come to the hospital. What confuses me is that she said she doesn't know what will happen in the future anymore yet she did tell Desmond the island wasn't finished with him. How, if she doesn't know the future, does she know this? Again, I believe Desmond is someone who is connected in a big way to the island--just don't know how yet.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 08:45:45 AM »
She always knew what was coming up until now. As she stated to Penny. I think the reason why she was at the hospital was because she never thought Desmond would get shot by Ben. And this could be an indication that things have already changed in some capacity.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 08:50:30 AM »
Desmond is the son of Richard- Just throwing that out there in case it ends up being true.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »
She always knew what was coming up until now. As she stated to Penny. I think the reason why she was at the hospital was because she never thought Desmond would get shot by Ben. And this could be an indication that things have already changed in some capacity.

Those were the original thoughts I had as I was watching, but then afterwards, I kept second guessing myself for some reason...?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:19:42 AM by Des »

Offline vickilynn

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 10:17:57 AM »
Desmond is the son of Richard- Just throwing that out there in case it ends up being true.

They are my two favorite guys...so I like your theory!

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »

Those were the original thoughts I had as I was watching, but then afterwards, I kept second guessing myself for some reason...?
Only because they've shoved "whatever happened happened" down our throats so much. I think they'll change something, if something hasnt already changed. Like I said in the other thread. If its a loop and it'll just keep happening over and over again... then I will be super pissed.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 11:47:21 AM »

Only because they've shoved "whatever happened happened" down our throats so much. I think they'll change something, if something hasnt already changed. Like I said in the other thread. If its a loop and it'll just keep happening over and over again... then I will be super pissed.

Exactly. It seems as though something MUST be changed. Otherwise, what's the point? (On the other hand, I think those who write for LOST are brilliant and do not deny that perhaps they could indeed come up with a decent story where nothing changes). I think this might be where we point back and say, "SEE! Something changed. Eloise didn't know this was going to happen."

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 11:49:24 AM »

Exactly. It seems as though something MUST be changed. Otherwise, what's the point? (On the other hand, I think those who write for LOST are brilliant and do not deny that perhaps they could indeed come up with a decent story where nothing changes). I think this might be where we point back and say, "SEE! Something changed. Eloise didn't know this was going to happen."
That was exactly my thought last night when she said she didn't know what was going to happen next. It means something has changed!

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 11:54:50 AM »
I think she was scared because she didn't know how it was going to turn out and since she always knows what's going to happen she was unsure what to do.
Clearly, she has, till now, been operating from the knowledge the Losties gave her in 1977.  Now she is beyond the point that they knew, so she is no longer eerily knowledgable about the future.

Offline Writers_Strike

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 12:12:56 PM »

Why couldn't Dan just walk away after seeing Charolette? Thats all he had to do to prove you can change things. But no our little hero has to do what he already did and go get shot.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »
I don't think he expected to get shot though. I think he truely thought he was going to be able to find the bomb, talk to Eloise, and all that. He had no idea it would be her to shoot him and he never thought she would.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 12:29:50 PM »
For a smart guy, he sure was dumb!  Yeah; I'll just walk into camp, tell a young lady that she is my mom, and explain that we have to DETONATE A BOMB!  Yeah, that'll work.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 12:31:19 PM »
What else could he do though? He has to try something no matter how ridiculous it sounded.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 12:52:02 PM »
If he really wanted to change something, he could just not have talked to Charlotte.  No trying to talk to Mommy; no detonating ordinance; no necessary evacuation.  Just don't talk to charlotte and you make a change.