Author Topic: He's my son, too.  (Read 8903 times)

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: He's my son, too.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 02:44:35 AM »
Hee hee hee!!! I knew it!  I had a sneaky suspicion all along and for the second time (wow, that's all?) I was right!!!!

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 02:22:40 PM »
Do we have a guess for how old young Daniel would be in 1977 when his mother shoots adult Daniel?

So maybe Eloise and young Dan get banished from the Island because she killed one of their own?  Charles and Eloise become instantly estranged because "you killed our son".  (This would match up with Ellie's being referenced in 1977 when James/Kate bring young Ben to be Otherized and why she's not around in 1988 when Ben kidnaps Alex.)  Charles finds another woman and fathers Penny in between '77 and his post-Purge expulsion.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 02:27:50 PM »
I am glad one of my theories was right.  I do think that it was pretty obvious. 

I don't think Widdy would be banished for having a kid with another islander.  They definitely mean Penny. Now, I wonder who her mom is.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 04:52:24 PM »
Chuckie gets around doesn't he?  First he shacks up with Ellie and they have Daniel.  Then he has off island flings and has Penny.  Quite the stud! ;D

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 12:20:03 AM »
Do we have a guess for how old young Daniel would be in 1977 when his mother shoots adult Daniel?

Do we even know for sure that Daniel is born yet? Is it possible that Ellie shoots older Daniel before having a child?

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 01:03:52 AM »

Do we even know for sure that Daniel is born yet? Is it possible that Ellie shoots older Daniel before having a child?

I asked this in the thread "was she pregnant when she shot him"
someone pointed out that grown up Daniel has got to be around the same age as grown up Charlotte,
and we know that right now, 1977, Charlotte is a child who is old enough to talk and to swing by herself, so Daniel must be the same

Offline Lost_viewer

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Daniel and penny
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 02:07:20 PM »
So are Daniel and Penny, brother and sister?

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel and penny
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 02:10:32 PM »
Yes.  Half-siblings.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 03:00:42 PM »
Same dad; different moms (presumably).

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »
Does anybody else think that Hawking has expressed the same maternal interest in Desmond as she has with Daniel?

What if:

Desmond = Hawking Mother + Unknown Father
Penny = Unknown Mother + Widmore Father
Daniel = Hawking Mother + Widmore Father

Desmond representing faith and belief; Daniel representing order and science. If one son "fails", use the other.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 04:48:24 PM »
Well, wouldn't Penny have been all like  "Hey Mom, long time no see.  What are you doing here?"  When Eloise approached her in the hospital?

Offline Dharma Bum

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 05:07:45 PM »
Do we know who Charlotte's dad was yet?

It seems that everyone is ending up being related to one another in some way!  :D

Offline Dharma Bum

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 05:09:48 PM »
Does anybody else think that Hawking has expressed the same maternal interest in Desmond as she has with Daniel?

What if:

Desmond = Hawking Mother + Unknown Father
Penny = Unknown Mother + Widmore Father
Daniel = Hawking Mother + Widmore Father

Desmond representing faith and belief; Daniel representing order and science. If one son "fails", use the other.

It wouldn't surprise me if Desmond is somehow related in some way, or has some birth connection to the Island.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2009, 05:11:21 PM »
Well, wouldn't Penny have been all like  "Hey Mom, long time no see.  What are you doing here?"  When Eloise approached her in the hospital?

No, she wouldn't have, because as in the post you just quoted, same dad, different moms.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 05:47:50 PM »

No, she wouldn't have, because as in the post you just quoted, same dad, different moms.

No what I mean is, Des said "presumably".  When I see the word "presumably" that means for me that there is a slight chance that Eloise is Penny's mom.  I was just saying that I don't think there should be any doubt that Eloise is not Penny's mom.