Author Topic: RIP Faraday  (Read 13936 times)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Faraday
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 11:16:15 PM »
as he was walking in to the camp, I was yelling at my tv, PUT THE GUN DOWN DUDE! YOU ARE WAY OUTNUMBERED!

Offline oszuscik

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 11:17:46 PM »
Alpert could take him to the temple like he did w Ben...could explain part of the memory problems that Faraday has later on

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 11:18:03 PM »
I wonder, though, how much he knew. Going there with a gun seemed like too stupid a thing to do. Unless he knew things had to happen a certain way.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 11:19:34 PM »
... She even went as far as to say, yes, that would make proud. That was such a low thing for a mother to do to a son. She has to die horribly!

I totally knew something was wrong when she said that
the long on her face at the time was just one that couldn't be trusted,
you knew she was up to something

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 11:20:29 PM »
Faraday is born to Ellie and Widmore

Ellie Off Island sets Dan up to be this Genuis----->>>>>things roll events happen-----Ellie sends/convinces Dan (des) to go to the Island where these events happen---->Dan ends up in 1974----1977----shot and killed(?)------>Ellie goes off the Island sets Dan up to be this Genuis----->>>>>things roll events happen-----Ellie sends/convinces Dan (des) to go to the Island where these events happen---->Dan ends up in 1974----1977----shot and killed(?)------>

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 11:20:43 PM »
Yes. That beady-eye motherless pig! She's my most hated character at the moment. I never trusted her, from the moment she showed up you knew she was trouble.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 11:22:08 PM »
Totally off-topic, but cool Havok picture, Hyper. Alex is my favorite Summers. I miss the old headgear, it was awesome!

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »

Ellie Off Island sets Dan up to be this Genuis----->>>>>things roll events happen-----Ellie sends/convinces Dan (des) to go to the Island where these events happen---->Dan ends up in 1974----1977----shot and killed(?)------>Ellie goes off the Island sets Dan up to be this Genuis----->>>>>things roll events happen-----Ellie sends/convinces Dan (des) to go to the Island where these events happen---->Dan ends up in 1974----1977----shot and killed(?)------>

this happened every time though, didn't you notice how in every stage she seemed to be forcing herself to push him, she knew that she was going to shoot him, but that had to happen, just like the guy with the red tennis shoes in flashes before your eyes

no paradox

Offline Folly529

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2009, 11:25:05 PM »
Alpert could take him to the temple like he did w Ben...could explain part of the memory problems that Faraday has later on

His memory problems come later only if you consider the time as an on-looker.  To him, the memory problems are in his past.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2009, 11:27:37 PM »

Ellie Off Island sets Dan up to be this Genius----->>>>>things roll events happen-----Ellie sends/convinces Dan (des) to go to the Island where these events happen---->Dan ends up in 1974----1977----shot and killed(?)------>Ellie goes off the Island sets Dan up to be this Genius----->>>>>things roll events happen-----Ellie sends/convinces Dan (des) to go to the Island where these events happen---->Dan ends up in 1974----1977----shot and killed(?)------>

this happened every time though, didn't you notice how in every stage she seemed to be forcing herself to push him, she knew that she was going to shoot him, but that had to happen, just like the guy with the red tennis shoes in flashes before your eyes

no paradox

That is the Paradox as far as we know this could have been the 8 or 9th time that Faraday has been shotand killed....if that is what happens.....

There is always this sense with Desmond/Faraday/Ellie that there was something they new that others didn't......They only new the future, so to speak, because they had already lived it

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2009, 11:29:05 PM »

His memory problems come later only if you consider the time as an onlooker.  To him, the memory problems are in his past.

Now this is why I don't think he is dead and my his Memory problems could be healed....unless Desmond healed them

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 11:29:21 PM »

Ellie Off Island sets Dan up to be this Genius----->>>>>things roll events happen-----Ellie sends/convinces Dan (des) to go to the Island where these events happen---->Dan ends up in 1974----1977----shot and killed(?)------>Ellie goes off the Island sets Dan up to be this Genius----->>>>>things roll events happen-----Ellie sends/convinces Dan (des) to go to the Island where these events happen---->Dan ends up in 1974----1977----shot and killed(?)------>

no paradox

That is the Paradox as far as we know this could have been the 8 or 9th time that Faraday has been shotand killed....if that is what happens.....

There is always this sense with Desmond/Faraday/Ellie that there was something they new that others didn't......They only new the future, so to speak, because they had already lived it
there is only one timeline, I say again ONLY ONE

if they do manage to do what Dan suggested, only then will there be multiple

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2009, 11:29:32 PM »
I was hoping Daniel would shoot Richard so we'd see what happens when you shoot a guy who doesn't age.  Or I was hoping Richard would do something freaky to dispatch him.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2009, 11:30:09 PM »

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2009, 11:30:39 PM »

it sounds like you're saying the paradox is
each action has a cause and an effect, but with this whole chain, you can't really tell which is the cause and which the effect,
the paradox is the action caused itself