Author Topic: Bram and Ilana... Original Others?  (Read 13465 times)

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Bram and Ilana... Original Others?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 10:52:24 AM »
Bloody good catch opgelost, it blows my theory out the water but i'm happy with that, its probably cack anyway!

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 11:17:08 AM »
Zinzi, i couldnt agree more, Sawyer is sockingly fit! So its a sulk-in with the Davidoff advert on repeat in the corner then! I'm muchly disappointed in the female casting compared to the male casting, there are a couple of "cute" ladies on the show but nothing at Richard or James standard.

I feel an international sulk/richard (& possibly ellie) team/accent loving/jd, beer and sandwich social coming on! All we need to do now is find a 815 or a 316 flight to have it on...

I really need to get out of this onlooker status too, feel so behind :o( Not that im slow or anything  :P (thats my everyday face)

Oh yes I'm there Blackstring!!!  ;D ;D

opgelost I wondered about the Dutch connection being tied in with Hanso, but their HQs are in Denmark and they also have a building in Norway, I completely forgot about the de Groots, D'OH!  :-[ :-[   Hopefully they might be on that sub with Daniel and we'll find out more soon?!  It would be great if Bram had a connection to them.  We really need to be making sense of the groups we already have rather than introducing too many new ones!

Offline Fenster

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 02:04:34 PM »
I think they are part of a team put on the plane by Ben.  Ilana was used to get Sayid on the plane because Ben knew they all had to be there. Ben always plans ahead and probably thought he'd need some support. That large silver crate seemed important to them and probably contained their supplies including weapons.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 02:20:33 PM »
I was right on the same page with BlackString -- thinking Ilana and Bram (and Richard) were original island inhabitants -- but opgelost's observations have thrown me into indecision again.

My reasoning was that Bram's and Ilana's interest in the island probably stems from a time when the statue was still standing... but I suppose we don't know when it fell.  Perhaps Bram and Ilana's team have some connection with the Black Rock, and perhaps the statue was still standing at the time the Black Rock washed up on the island?

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 04:59:49 PM »
Fenster i can understand why u and a lot of people are going down the Ben path. It wouldn't be the first time he's thrown some people into the mix that he didnt seem to know. And he does have all fingers in all pies!

Welcome aboard the "get ur theory blown out the water" boat norville, i thought it was a feasable theory but looks like im out voted, and with good reason as it goes!

Right, i'm starting to work on another theory that will go wrong after a dozen posts! Pants.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 05:02:38 PM »
lol...pants? like, as in, "rats"? ha...NPG will like that one for sure, equating pants with badness.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 05:16:27 PM »
I don't even think that Richard's a native.

1) He told Locke that, "We're here for more important reasons". This could infer that he wouldn't be there if he didn't have his reasons;
2) He appeared to be unaware of the Island's time-distorting properties. If Richard is thousands of years old, I'm sure he would have come across an anomaly or two, before meeting visitors from the future in the 1950s;
3) He has a distinct North American accent. Yes, I know we've had the "accent discussion", but in my experience, the older you are when you're surrounded by a new dialect, the less likely you are to pick it up. Richard is allegedly "very old" - Speaking English in North America isn't.

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 05:19:35 PM »
Oooh sandwiches and beer, I'm there Mrs A!  Although I'll swap my beer for a JD and coke!  ;) ;D  You're a sucker for an English accent are you Mrs A?!  Well I love the Southern American accent, namely Sawyer's!  I'm also a big fan of Mathew Mcconaughey!  ;D

I love all the accents of the characters in True Blood.  :)

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »
See , I agree with you especially about # 2. that bothered me from day one. Richard the one who knows everything was clueless in 1950. that felt so wrong!

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »
Cheers MB, twist the knife! Ok i'm wrong, bend me over! lol In all seriousness tho, good points well made and that is why u overly bright chappys are here to shead the light where i have missed it! however i would put this to ur reasonings,

1) He told Locke that, "We're here for more important reasons". This could infer that he wouldn't be there if he didn't have his reasons

He could still be there from whenever "originaly" is to do what ever it is they are there to do (babble!)

2) He appeared to be unaware of the Island's time-distorting properties. If Richard is thousands of years old, I'm sure he would have come across an anomaly or two, before meeting visitors from the future in the 1950s

He also didnt seem too suprised to see a guy who's not born for another few years. And he must have noticed he's not ageing a great deal.
e
3) He has a distinct North American accent. Yes, I know we've had the "accent discussion", but in my experience, the older you are when you're surrounded by a new dialect, the less likely you are to pick it up. Richard is allegedly "very old" - Speaking English in North America isn't

I know where ur coming from Mr. Bingo, and im unaware of your previous accent discussions but i dont think accent is a stong arument against someone not being from another time or culture, i speak several lanuages in their accents but english in an english accent the rest of the time (just for Mrs. A)

I dont mean to be clutching a straws but i got to fight my corner right?.... *slarts searching for the towl to throw in*

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 06:04:00 PM »
Ok i'm wrong, bend me over!

:o We've only just met!!!

:-X

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 06:07:51 PM »
2) He appeared to be unaware of the Island's time-distorting properties. If Richard is thousands of years old, I'm sure he would have come across an anomaly or two, before meeting visitors from the future in the 1950s

And he must have noticed he's not ageing a great deal.

Well... Not ageing very much may be normal in the place where he's actually native to.

I don't want to say that he's an extra-terrestrial alien, but it's highly possible that he's not human.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 06:29:15 PM »
3) He has a distinct North American accent. Yes, I know we've had the "accent discussion", but in my experience, the older you are when you're surrounded by a new dialect, the less likely you are to pick it up. Richard is allegedly "very old" - Speaking English in North America isn't.
See...here's the thing that I noticed....

When Sawyer as LaFleur goes out to talk to Richard about the two dead Others, they only talk for a few minutes, but Richard seems to pick up on Sawyer's suddenly thick Southern accent.

When Richard talks to Locke, when he pulls the bullet out of his leg, I thought he channeled Ben's manner of speaking.

But I wasn't here for the accent discussion, either, so....sorry if I just repeated everything, lol!

I can attribute it to his mysterious ways.  ::) :P

Offline Mrs Hume

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »
I noticed he sounded like Ben there for a minute too. but I chalked it up to my imagination.

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 06:34:11 PM »
*head explodes covering SW in Lostified grey matter*