Author Topic: Miles Purpose Could Hold The Answer to All of Their Destinies  (Read 2515 times)

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
The trailer for this weeks show said everyone has a purpose on the island and Miles purpose could hold the answer to all their destinies:

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/04/preview-5x13-some-like-it-hoth.php

I was expecting we'd find out more last night how Miles ability held the answer to all their destinies, or at least some of them.  Curious to see how his ability could possibly hold the answer. 

Offline Lady Penelope

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Miles Purpose Could Hold The Answer to All of Their Destinies
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 08:53:09 AM »
For one thing he could find out what the hell was going on or what led to the incident if he can find his fathers body, also he could tell us who Adam and Eve were and what happened there.

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 09:34:27 AM »
I wish we didn't have to wait another week...driving me nuts!

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 09:38:32 AM »
I thought we might see a glimpse last week into how Miles ability led to finding out more about everyone else.

At least this week there is some LOST to watch - even though it's not another episode. 

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 11:02:36 AM »
I think it would be interesting to see how Miles would react around Jacobs cabin and if he ever gets to have a nose around the black rock, there must be some bodies kicking around near there.

The only thing i'm still trying to work out is does he read their minds (so to speak) or does he hold 2 way conversations with them? I know his conversation with Hurley kinda threw some light on this but not enough to clarify exactly what he can and cant do. Bamboozled moi!

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:29:37 AM »
Yes I really enjoyed this episode, but I want to know more about Miles and see more of his gift being put to use on the island!  I was a bit puzzled by Naomi's recruiting of him.  She said that Ben would be difficult to find and that "This island has a number of deceased individuals... residing on it, and as this man is the one responsible for their being deceased, we believe they can supply invaluable information as to his whereabouts. "  I assume she means that the dead in the Dharma pit are the ones Ben is responsible for being deceased, so how would they be able to "tell" Miles Ben's whereabouts?  Someone said on another thread that residing was a strange word to use about the dead.  The whole conversation was strange!!  I've always been puzzled by the Freigher peoples mission, surely once they found the island, then finding Ben wouldn't be that hard, unless he had somewhere to hide on the island that Widmore didn't know about?  I would have thought Widmore knew where the Temple was though?  He certainly knew all about the Orchid!  Surely being an Other/Hostile and then being in residence in Dharmaville for a while he knew most of the locations on the island?

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:49:48 AM »
I can understand how termanology was odd in what she was saying, but then again i think that could be down to the fact the script writers were trying to make someone who comes from Manchester sound posh...

I do wonder tho if we will see anything of Henry Gale either getting on the island or as one of the graves Miles will trip over. I think there is a good possibiliy that we will see more of Miles skills come through after the incident takes place.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 11:56:09 AM »
I wish they would tell us what he has to do with the show, because right now he is just taking up space with no purpose. I don't really care about Miles (at this point). What is his purpose on this show? None that I have seen so far. It would of been nice to see his purpose instead of crappy Star Wars talk last week.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
I wish they would tell us what he has to do with the show, because right now he is just taking up space with no purpose. I don't really care about Miles (at this point). What is his purpose on this show? None that I have seen so far. It would of been nice to see his purpose instead of crappy Star Wars talk last week.
I agree with wanting to see more about his purpose.  But, I actually like the Miles character.  I love his dry wit and sarcasm.

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 12:30:36 PM »
I like the character too, mainly because if i were going to be an arse, he's the kinda arse id wanna be. But i know where Jug is coming from and like a lot of people around here, starting to get the hump with all the fannying around and no real answers being given. Either TPTB have got a big umbrella styley answer or they got a barrel load of answer to cram into a relitively small time frame of episodes!

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 12:55:20 PM »
But Sawyer was already the wise guy. He filled that role.

I agree that we have had episodes that were just packed with answers and some not so much.

Spread them out!

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 08:47:13 AM »
I wish they would tell us what he has to do with the show, ...

I think his purpose is "how did he get his powers ?"
did his father experiment on him on purpose ?
or did Miles receive his powers by accident due to some strange electromagnetic / nuclear radiation / time distortion thing ?

obviously his mother wasn't completely true when she said his father wanted nothing to do with them, so there's much more to the story
what happens on the island that makes his father kick him and his mother out ?

perhaps the infamous "incident" scared his father enough that he forces his wife and Miles to leave while he stays and tries to clear things up

did "the incident" cause Miles to gain his powers or did Miles' powers cause "the incident" ?

and since Widmore knew about Miles' power (he hired Miles to help find Ben) then that might mean he learned about Miles' power while he was on the island with The Others (The Hostiles)  sometime during 1977 - purge

how would Widmore learn something so personal while he's still on the island separated into 2 different territories?

there are many questions left unanswered and I'm really curious

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 09:32:22 AM »
I wish they would tell us what he has to do with the show, ...

I think his purpose is "how did he get his powers ?"
did his father experiment on him on purpose ?
or did Miles receive his powers by accident due to some strange electromagnetic / nuclear radiation / time distortion thing ?

obviously his mother wasn't completely true when she said his father wanted nothing to do with them, so there's much more to the story
what happens on the island that makes his father kick him and his mother out ?

perhaps the infamous "incident" scared his father enough that he forces his wife and Miles to leave while he stays and tries to clear things up

did "the incident" cause Miles to gain his powers or did Miles' powers cause "the incident" ?

and since Widmore knew about Miles' power (he hired Miles to help find Ben) then that might mean he learned about Miles' power while he was on the island with The Others (The Hostiles)  sometime during 1977 - purge

how would Widmore learn something so personal while he's still on the island separated into 2 different territories?

there are many questions left unanswered and I'm really curious

Any of this would of been an awesome story. I wish they would of showed any of this instead of the filler we got.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 11:24:42 AM »
But the "filler" is what sets us up for an awesome finale.

Offline Jas0n

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »

It would be interesting to know if Widmore knew about young Miles on the island, but off the island his power was NOT a secret, he ran adds in the news paper, alot of people knew about him