Author Topic: Hurley talks to dead people, Miles just listens to them  (Read 2358 times)

Offline agent

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Hurley talks to dead people, Miles just listens to them
« on: April 16, 2009, 05:57:44 PM »
Actually, Hurley seems to only be able to talk to fellow 815ers who have died. I don't recall him ever talking to a dead person otherwise.
Miles doesn't carry out discussions with the dead, he just reads their final thoughts while in close proximity - and it can be any dead body.
Miles doesn't seem to believe Hurley's story because his experience is so different. So maybe Hurley technically hasn't really talked to the dead because those who have visited him aren't really dead after all.   
Maybe dead isn't dead if it happened on the island.

As far as Locke and Christian though, I haven't a clue...

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Hurley talks to dead people, Miles just listens to them
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 06:15:10 PM »
Good point about Hurley, but it's still hilarious when he talks to Miles about it.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 06:32:53 PM »
Good point about Hurley, but it's still hilarious when he talks to Miles about it.

Totally, Nova! I was falling over laughing when Hurley said "You're just jealous because my powers are better than yours."

Those guys are great!

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 03:19:24 AM »
Miles does have conversations, though.  In his original introduction, he was talking to the kid drug dealer, saying that if he told him where the money was that Miles would leave him alone.  Then, the dead kid rattled the vent so Miles could find the money, right?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2009, 05:00:29 AM »
After Hurely seeing people like Desmond...Miles...maybe walt or even Locke

I think Hurley might be more crazy than special....These people, for him, might be in his head

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »
Respectfully, Mr. Bostonlost, sir, NO NO NO NO NO!   :D  Hurley is uninhibited in the metaphysical realm because he's dealt with his own insanity.  Hurley is not insane.  He's got mental instability, but he's mentally lucid.  He talks to dead people because he's not afraid too.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 02:32:28 PM »
Respectfully, Mr. Bostonlost, sir, NO NO NO NO NO!   :D  Hurley is uninhibited in the metaphysical realm because he's dealt with his own insanity.  Hurley is not insane.  He's got mental instability, but he's mentally lucid.  He talks to dead people because he's not afraid too.
OMG, I should just stop posting, because everywhere I follow Lak, he or she says what I think!  LOL.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 03:33:32 PM »
OMG, I should just stop posting, because everywhere I follow Lak, he or she says what I think!  LOL.

She is chuckling!  You go first.  I won't say anything else for an hour and you go nuts - and I'll follow you around and go "What Novashannon said!" I promise. Cross my heart.  :D

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 01:42:27 PM »
Miles does have conversations, though.  In his original introduction, he was talking to the kid drug dealer, saying that if he told him where the money was that Miles would leave him alone.  Then, the dead kid rattled the vent so Miles could find the money, right?

That's what I thought too..... ???

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 10:42:09 PM »
Respectfully, Mr. Bostonlost, sir, NO NO NO NO NO!   :D  Hurley is uninhibited in the metaphysical realm because he's dealt with his own insanity.  Hurley is not insane.  He's got mental instability, but he's mentally lucid.  He talks to dead people because he's not afraid too.

He talks to dead people because he's not afraid too
........ I don't know what that means?

The dead people he talks to seem more like from his head or his psyche/subconscience talking to him in the forms of people that he accepts

He last sees Anna on the Island she appears to him as a cop helping him in LA?....Dave? Charlie? Come to him more in the form as a vision

Yes they are dead but not in the same respect that Miles See's them