Author Topic: Clarification of the Fake Oceanic Wreckage  (Read 9663 times)

Offline Thomas

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Clarification of the Fake Oceanic Wreckage
« on: April 16, 2009, 04:54:54 PM »
Miles is taken to read a dead body by Naomi who we know is working for Widmore.    The dead guy was delivering what sounds like the file Tom showed to Michael in his apartment to get him to go with Widmore.   

My question is...does this confirm that Widmore was behind the hoax, or was Widmore having someone look into the hoax himself.

Any Ideas?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Clarification of the Fake Oceanic Wreckage
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 05:19:12 PM »
I don't think it confirms that he was working for Widmore. I think that Widmore was behind the fake plane wreckage, but I don't know how this proves it one way or the other.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »
Yeah, personally I think it reinforces that Widmore was behind it, but I don't think it confirms it.  It's possible he was delivering Widmore the information he needed to set up the fake crash, but it's also possible that he was delivering Widmore evidence against Ben who may have set up the fake crash.  Or maybe neither of them set it up, and this whole time a third group (if Ilana and Bram are a part of a separate group) has been playing both sides.

Offline hackgrid

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 05:30:35 PM »
Didn't they dead guy say that Widmore bought a old plane?
It was definately planted by Charles

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »
I agree this was done by Widmore. The guy they killed knew to much or was trying to blackmail Widmore. If the guy was getting intel on what Ben had done Widmore would have had no reason to kill him.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »

No, he said he was delivering a bill of sale of an old plane.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 06:36:48 PM »
I agree this was done by Widmore. The guy they killed knew to much or was trying to blackmail Widmore. If the guy was getting intel on what Ben had done Widmore would have had no reason to kill him.

Widmore didn't kill him. He was working for Widmore.
The bill and pictures that the guy was delivering to Widmore were in Tom's hotel.
He showed them to Michael. I think Tom killed him to get his papers.

Offline jphimself

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 10:37:29 PM »

The bill and pictures that the guy was delivering to Widmore were in Tom's hotel.

Opgelost is right.  The fake plane was definitely bought by Widmore Industries.  Here is a screen shot:

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage-1393-294.html

But since the papers ended up in Tom's hands it seems highly likely that Ben and Co. killed the guy.  He may have been Widmore's agent who was known to have the papers in his possession.  That is why Naomi already knew the correct answer about how the guy died so that she could test Miles' skills.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 02:51:51 AM »

actually, if we are going to be super-technical here...he said it was a 'purchase order'...

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 12:03:37 PM »
I heard the whole thing as "this guy was delivering the copies of the items that proved that Ben Linus bought the plane and dug up the graves."  Why would Widmore's people (rep. by Naomi) want to know who killed their own man?  Their guy getting evidence about Ben was killed by Ben's men - hence the mystery to Widmore.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 12:06:58 PM »
Why would Widmore's people (rep. by Naomi) want to know who killed their own man? 

To test Mile's abilities.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 12:13:40 PM »
Miles is a cog.  Ben is the machine.  Widmore is trying to catch his worst opponent, not job-test a guy.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 01:47:14 PM »

actually, if we are going to be super-technical here...he said it was a 'purchase order'...

Funny thing is, I was about to go in and modify it, but I looked to see if anyone quoted me first. Nice work Monkeyface.

Miles is a cog.  Ben is the machine.  Widmore is trying to catch his worst opponent, not job-test a guy.

Can't he be doing both??

Opgelost is right.  The fake plane was definitely bought by Widmore Industries.  Here is a screen shot:

http://gallery.lost-media.com/displayimage-1393-294.html

But since the papers ended up in Tom's hands it seems highly likely that Ben and Co. killed the guy.  He may have been Widmore's agent who was known to have the papers in his possession.  That is why Naomi already knew the correct answer about how the guy died so that she could test Miles' skills.

Oh SNAP!! I never looked at the Purchase order that closely, I guess that is pretty concrete that Widmore bought it. Damn, I can't believe I missed that.

Offline RM

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 03:25:05 PM »
Any chance this is the guy who was killed on the videotape that Ben showed Locke?  That was Ben's man killing a Widmore guy, right?

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 03:34:11 PM »
That was supposedly Ben's man getting beaten up by Widmore.