Author Topic: hurley is awesome  (Read 3110 times)

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
hurley is awesome
« on: April 16, 2009, 01:06:46 AM »
c'mon... re-writing Empire Strikes Back? awesome! i would totally go see the hurley version! the entire scene with hurley, miles, and chang was hilarious. i laughed out loud at everything hurley did this episode. "polar bear poop?!?!" and his comment on the Ewoks and how the entire Star Wars trilogy could have been resolved if Luke and Vader had just "communicated" also a good episode about Miles. it confirmed that "that dousche is my dad". Also, Dan is back! I'm glad he isn't dead at least, and maybe we'll finally get some answers about whats going on with the orchid and stuff...

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: hurley is awesome
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 03:55:14 AM »
True, but then we'd never get Return of the Jedi. And what would this world be like without Gold Bikini Princess Leia?

Great episode though. I was wondering how the title would get worked in, so as soon as Hurley asked how to spell "bounty hunter" I knew what he was up to. Every scene with Miles and Hurley is pure gold.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 04:45:04 AM »
Hurley said he was touching up the script....I bet Hurley also write the script of Return of the Jedi and sends it to Lucas. Hurley's Script probably has it as the planet of the Wookies, but douche bag Lucas turns them into Ewoks!

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 07:11:39 AM »
I love Hurley and Miles together! They just work off of each other so well. The scene in the van with Chang was perfect!

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 10:16:56 AM »
Hurley definitely needed a sidekick, or to be somebody's sidekick, since Charlie died.

Offline bfth

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 10:46:16 AM »
I totally want to know what changes Hurley made to Empire!  I would see it in a heartbeat!

Offline Jungle Otter

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »
True, but then we'd never get Return of the Jedi. And what would this world be like without Gold Bikini Princess Leia?

Great episode though. I was wondering how the title would get worked in, so as soon as Hurley asked how to spell "bounty hunter" I knew what he was up to. Every scene with Miles and Hurley is pure gold.

something I wouldn't want to know...  ;) ;D

the whole dialogue between Hurley and Miles was awesome  :D

Offline jmm635

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 11:18:37 AM »
Every conversation Miles and Hurley have had is pure genious! I laughed so hard when Hurley said he was writing Empire Strikes Back. I thought it was interesting when he was comparing Miles and his father to Luke and Darth Vader. As we know, Dr. Chang also looses his arm....

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 11:30:43 AM »
YES!!  As soon as Hurley asked how to spell bounty hunter (which Miles never answered, btw) I knew he was writing The Empire Strikes Back!!  After all, its 1977, so its too late to write A New Hope.  Hopefully, Hurley got as far as writing The Phantom Menance and eliminated Jar Jar. 

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 01:56:31 PM »
Hurley said he was touching up the script....I bet Hurley also write the script of Return of the Jedi and sends it to Lucas. Hurley's Script probably has it as the planet of the Wookies, but douche bag Lucas turns them into Ewoks!

Showing my Star Wars geekiness here, but...
Lucas originally had it as a planet of Wookies, but changed it because he said he had Chewbacca educated enough to fix the Millenium Falcon so he needed a more primitive species. Personally, I think he just wanted to sell more teddybears.

Also, Hurley said they could have avoided alot of trouble if Luke and Vader just talked, like losing his hand and blowing up another Death Star. It sounded to me that Hurley was basically making Empire the last movie, hence the "Ewoks suck, dude".

It would be funny to see Hurley's version, though.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2009, 02:05:54 PM »
I totally agree with everyone else; the Hurley/Miles dynamic is awesome!  It is a guy buddiness that I have missed since Charley's needless death.  None of the other characters seem to really act like friends.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2009, 02:59:54 PM »
I totally agree with everyone else; the Hurley/Miles dynamic is awesome!  It is a guy buddiness that I have missed since Charley's needless death.  None of the other characters seem to really act like friends.

Charlie's death was truley heroic. Yeah, you can say he might have been able to get out of the room in time. However, he had escaped death many times thanks to Desmond, and he knew that eventually he was going to die. No matter what Des did, Charlie was going to die. Charlie knew this, and accepted it.

Remember, the island chooses who the island chooses and if he was meant to die, then the island would make sure of it. i.e. Alex from last week.

But you are totally right, the "buddiness" is a much needed element in the show, and Hurley seems to be the only trying.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:27 PM »

Charlie's death was truley heroic. Yeah, you can say he might have been able to get out of the room in time. However, he had escaped death many times thanks to Desmond, and he knew that eventually he was going to die. No matter what Des did, Charlie was going to die. Charlie knew this, and accepted it.

Remember, the island chooses who the island chooses and if he was meant to die, then the island would make sure of it. i.e. Alex from last week.

But you are totally right, the "buddiness" is a much needed element in the show, and Hurley seems to be the only trying.
If they were going to write a death for Charley, they should have made it heroic, not unnecessary.  Dying when you don['t have to is not heroic.  Living is heroic.  Charley's death was not heroic, only stupid.  Being a willing sacrifice is one thing; being an unnecessary sacrifice is another.  Since not all Dsmond's visions came true, that means none of them would have necessarily come true.  I would like to have seen Charley's death mean something.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2009, 05:17:39 PM »
Charley's death was not needless. His character was getting really annoying and needed to go. Like Kate, except Kate needed to be out of there a while ago, and they left her on for some reason. I sure hope she dies in the purge.

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »

If they were going to write a death for Charley, they should have made it heroic, not unnecessary.  Dying when you don['t have to is not heroic.  Living is heroic.  Charley's death was not heroic, only stupid.  Being a willing sacrifice is one thing; being an unnecessary sacrifice is another.  Since not all Dsmond's visions came true, that means none of them would have necessarily come true.  I would like to have seen Charley's death mean something.

I don't want to hijack this thread and go off topic, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

When Des told Charlie "No matter what brother, you're going to die." That was it. Des might have been able to be Mr. Superhero for awhile and delay his death some more, but if there is one thing this show is about...it's about your destiny. Just like when Ben and Widmore were talking about baby Alex, if the island wants you dead, then you will be dead.

Charlie is a hero, Kate is a babe, and Hurley is awesome.