Author Topic: Radzinsky & the Hatch  (Read 7875 times)

Offline Holland34

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Radzinsky & the Hatch
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2009, 04:03:59 PM »

I'll tell you who we can trust.  We can trust Hurley.  The real writer of Empire Strikes Back.  And he's right- EWOKS SUCK!  :D

The Ewoks don't suck, their little song sucks, but not them, they are awesome.

The real mystery from this episode is what changes did Hurley make to Empire?  Was he not a big fan of Han slicing open a Tantan and shoving Luke inside?  Was he {gasp} not a big fan of Yoda?  The asteroid scene?  Lando and Cloud City?  Boba Fett?  What in the world would he change?

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »
Kelvin showed desmond the red stain on the ceiling.

If I shoot you through the chin and out the top of your head, it will leave a stain on the ceining too, and I can tell anyone whatever I want years after the fact.

Exactly. Why should we believe Kelvin?

I know I've used this theory on everyone lately, but what if Kelvin wasn't really DI? According to Lostpedia, He told Des that he had been in the hatch for 8 years, and that conversation took place in the year 2000 (did anyone else just hear LaBamba from Conan O'brien in their heads?). Which means he's been there since 92. According to Locke's dream in 2004, Horace had been dead for 12 years. Which means the Purge was also in 92. What if Kelvin was a recruited Other, who was in place at the Swan, in the same way that Mikhail was in place at the Flame, and the girls were in place in the Looking Glass. There are certain things that the DI did, that needed to be maintained, despite their being gone. It seems to me that if Radzinsky took shelter in the Swan (see my previous post in this thread) then Kelvin could have been charged with the task of killing Radzinsky, and taking over Swan duties.

This does leave a few holes, like why Kelvin was there alone, with no other Others checking up on him (unless they watched him from the Pearl.) And why he let Desmond stay on the island. I mean, if it were me, I'd be happy to have someone else there to do half the work, but I'm not an Other. I would think they wouldn't have wanted a random dude to do their work.
If Kelvin wer an Other, why wouldn't he have contact with the rest of his people for so many years?

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2009, 10:46:02 PM »
It didn't seem like Gretta and Bonnie had much contact with their people in the Looking Glass, and who knows how long they were down there

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 10:27:16 AM »

If I shoot you through the chin and out the top of your head, it will leave a stain on the ceining too, and I can tell anyone whatever I want years after the fact.

I know I've used this theory on everyone lately, but what if Kelvin wasn't really DI? According to Lostpedia, He told Des that he had been in the hatch for 8 years, and that conversation took place in the year 2000 (did anyone else just hear LaBamba from Conan O'brien in their heads?). Which means he's been there since 92. According to Locke's dream in 2004, Horace had been dead for 12 years. Which means the Purge was also in 92. What if Kelvin was a recruited Other, who was in place at the Swan, in the same way that Mikhail was in place at the Flame, and the girls were in place in the Looking Glass. There are certain things that the DI did, that needed to be maintained, despite their being gone. It seems to me that if Radzinsky took shelter in the Swan (see my previous post in this thread) then Kelvin could have been charged with the task of killing Radzinsky, and taking over Swan duties.

This does leave a few holes, like why Kelvin was there alone, with no other Others checking up on him (unless they watched him from the Pearl.) And why he let Desmond stay on the island. I mean, if it were me, I'd be happy to have someone else there to do half the work, but I'm not an Other. I would think they wouldn't have wanted a random dude to do their work.
If Kelvin wer an Other, why wouldn't he have contact with the rest of his people for so many years?

How do we know that he hasn't been in contact?

Offline Chuckie

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »

How do we know that he hasn't been in contact?

First off, this quote box is getting a little out of hand.  ;D

Secondly, He probably WAS in contact. We saw Michael talk to Walt on the computer. We know that the Pearl station had an eye on the Swan station. The girls in the Looking Glass had communication, and they were under the ocean. Let us not forget, everyone has Walkie-Talkies. The Others must have a mail order Radio Shack catalog with all those small electronics.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2009, 10:47:11 AM »

I'll tell you who we can trust.  We can trust Hurley.  The real writer of Empire Strikes Back.  And he's right- EWOKS SUCK!  :D

The Ewoks don't suck, their little song sucks, but not them, they are awesome.

Hmmmmm....Okay, the Ewoks song sucks. You liked the teddy bears?  Really? 

You're damn straight I did, those little dudes needed no fancy pants weapons to take on the Empire, just guts. Although, their worship of a gay robot was weird.

they are still better than Jar Jar

Being hit in the teeth with a hammer is better than Jar Jar.

The last part of this can probably be explained due to just old fashioned cabin fever. I like the idea that Kelvin was some kind of a plant by the Others in the DI (even though I would have preferred to not think this, oh well), and maybe after he killed Radzinsky, the isolation just made him go stir crazy.

Offline matahari

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 10:18:42 PM »
maybe he was put there as some kind of punishment

I like this! Dharma karma.