Author Topic: The new Black Jumpsuits  (Read 5614 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The new Black Jumpsuits
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 04:29:00 PM »
Sorry Bob, I just had a mental block (from reading another thread :(), I was refering to the kids of 70's Dharma returning, Miles, Charlotte and I would guess Daniel and possibly Naomi - they all returned on the Freighter as the 'scientist' team I am thinking.

However the theory about 2 factions of Others, the silent ones and Richard's lot, sounds good too - my only argument would be that when we saw the silent, no footprint type Others, we saw the kids teddy bear, then when Locke was taken to meet with the Others at the camp (when Ben told him to kill his father who was tied to the log) we saw Cindy the air hostess with the same kids - so this would mean that they were one group in my opinion.

The whispers I beleive are voices trapped on the Island due to the time travel rather than actual Others.

Okay, I wasn't sure how to address the question about Naomi and Charlotte, and then realized that it might not be directed at me. As for the kids, we saw the one kid walking through the jungle, and then we saw Cindy with A group of children, not the same group necessarily.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 04:34:55 PM »
Possibly not the same group but I thought the teddy bear belonged to the two kids whos parents died in the tail section, Cindy and Libby were looking after them at the beach and they were taken despite Ecko killing a couple of Others.
Then we saw the same teddy bear (presumably the same one anyway) being carried by one of the kids with the silent Others.
Finally at the camp Cindy was with the same 2 kids taken from the tail section, the owners of the teddy bear - thats how I interpreted it anyway  :) could be wrong though like you say.

As for naomi, yes Id say she had a North England accent, probably Manchester - I think Charlie was supposed to be from Manchester but he had a Scotish(ish) accent didnt he, maybe with a hint of Manchester? Sorry to confuse that........ :-\

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »
Possibly not the same group but I thought the teddy bear belonged to the two kids whos parents died in the tail section, Cindy and Libby were looking after them at the beach and they were taken despite Ecko killing a couple of Others.
Then we saw the same teddy bear (presumably the same one anyway) being carried by one of the kids with the silent Others.
Finally at the camp Cindy was with the same 2 kids taken from the tail section, the owners of the teddy bear - thats how I interpreted it anyway  :) could be wrong though like you say.

As for naomi, yes Id say she had a North England accent, probably Manchester - I think Charlie was supposed to be from Manchester but he had a Scotish(ish) accent didnt he, maybe with a hint of Manchester? Sorry to confuse that........ :-\

Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough about the Others. As for Naomi and Charlie, yeah, they were both from Manchester. As far as I could tell, he had an english accent.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »
This is crazy though. If Bram and Ilana are part of a team lead by Eloise. Why, then are they out to take the island from the others? Wasn't Eloise an other? Along with Widmore...

But off-island she's working in a Dharma station....

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2009, 04:53:43 PM »
This is crazy though. If Bram and Ilana are part of a team lead by Eloise. Why, then are they out to take the island from the others? Wasn't Eloise an other? Along with Widmore...

Good point, but Ben was in the Dharma Camp apparently while he was an other.

Offline Rebel 3:16

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2009, 06:17:20 PM »
On the subject of Charlie, well Domonic Monaghan to be precise, I did a bit of research, he was born and raised in Germany untill the age of 12 before moving to Manchester. I live about 20mins from Manchester and his accent is not one I would normally associate with the area, however his on-Island accent could be interpreted as a Mancunian (posh for Manchester accent) accent, however in retrospect I guess his accent may contain a twang of German (he is fluent in German) and thus led me to misinterpret it as a Scottish twang, my mistake  :-[ appologies.....

However Naomi (Marsha Thomason) was born and raised in Manchester, and while it is not the broad Manchester dialect that I associat with the area (possibly due to her being a rather distinguished actor), it certainly has the resemblence (more so than Charlies) of a Mancunian accent. May I add here that I find her the most attractive of all the Lost cast  :P

So, not that it has any possitive input into the thread, I just wanted to get it off my chest, they are both, Charlie and Naomi, Mancs (lived in Manchester). Thank you. 8)

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2009, 07:16:52 PM »

Well the others kinda took over the other Dharma stations too... why not the lamp post?

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:28 PM »
On the subject of Charlie, well Domonic Monaghan to be precise, I did a bit of research, he was born and raised in Germany untill the age of 12 before moving to Manchester. I live about 20mins from Manchester and his accent is not one I would normally associate with the area, however his on-Island accent could be interpreted as a Mancunian (posh for Manchester accent) accent, however in retrospect I guess his accent may contain a twang of German (he is fluent in German) and thus led me to misinterpret it as a Scottish twang, my mistake  :-[ appologies.....

However Naomi (Marsha Thomason) was born and raised in Manchester, and while it is not the broad Manchester dialect that I associat with the area (possibly due to her being a rather distinguished actor), it certainly has the resemblence (more so than Charlies) of a Mancunian accent. May I add here that I find her the most attractive of all the Lost cast  :P

So, not that it has any possitive input into the thread, I just wanted to get it off my chest, they are both, Charlie and Naomi, Mancs (lived in Manchester). Thank you. 8)

I'm with you about Naomi. I wish they would have left her in for more episodes, but I guess when you got to go, you got to go.