Poll

How would you rate episode 5x13, "Some Like It Hoth"

10 (best)
1 (worst)

Author Topic: Episode 5x13 Ratings  (Read 10671 times)

Offline AstroJones

• OTHERS 
  • Survivor
    • View Profile
Episode 5x13 Ratings
« on: April 15, 2009, 06:05:01 PM »
After Episode 5x13, "Some Like It Hoth" airs, be sure to rank the episode using the scale above, and then let us know what you thought about the episode below.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 5x13 Ratings
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:04:40 PM »
Amazing LOST, hilarious, classic, and amazing!

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:53:22 PM »
10 - Loved it!

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:55:40 PM »
Miles and Hurley together was classic. We finally found out about the 3.2 million dollars and that Hurley has a secret garlic mayo.
I wondered why it was called some like it hoth, now we know that Hurley was planning on writing The Empire Strikes back. That was not as funny as I had hoped.

I don't like Miles' father, no matter what name he goes by. Jack acting calm and Kate acting concerned, just made me feel uneasy. You know both of them will explode soon. I felt like this is the calm before the storm. I guess with Daniel getting off the boat, things will pick up in 2 weeks.

I gave it an 8. A good solid episode of Lost

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 11:08:04 AM »
I'm going out of town today and don't have a minute to write.

This episode was perfection. 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 02:37:07 PM »
I'm going out of town today and don't have a minute to write.

This episode was perfection. 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10
I'm unavailable too, but agree completely!

Offline lostlady

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 04:51:07 PM »
Great episode--they are all great but this was funny, informative and as always gave me more questions than answers!! Gotta love it!

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 05:44:02 PM »
It lasted about ten minutes!  I loved seeing classic LOST moments; humor, twisty subplots, and answeres!  Along with more, new questions.   Daniel and MIles are two characters that work for most LOST fans.  It was fun seeing Miles's backstory, as well as finding out for sure that Chang is his daddy.  Hurley is not the only one who can see why some like it Hoth!!!  Plus, Jack is coming out of his stupor.  Yay, Jack!

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 06:29:08 PM »
the best LOST episodes are the ones that seem to go by really fast. this one was one of the fastest episodes, and included everything an episode should include (except Ben and Locke). it had lots of humor, it had the drama, it had touching scenes, flashbacks, and also the return of Dan! if you ever need a time of comic relief, watch a lost episode where hurley is prevalent and you will be laughing out loud by the end of it.

Offline JBRam

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2009, 10:39:24 PM »
Ooga ooga grunt grunt good.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 02:11:54 AM »
Ooga ooga grunt grunt good.
Translation: Awesome! I give it a ...um...a high score! ;)

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 04:49:15 PM »
The show has de-evolved our critical skills.  :D

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 07:46:55 PM »
Alright, I gave it a 9.

The comedy was awesome. Miles actually...*gasp* communicated with people! And not just dead people! Wow, this show is taking a step in the right direction.

Love that tptb let their inner geeks out to play.

I loved the little scenes: Jack and Roger in the classroom, Sawyer coming home to see Jack, Suspicious Phil (omg!), Kate and Roger...this was the first time I felt like every little scene did, actually, have a purpose.

We were given some answers, too: We saw construction at the Orchid and the Swan. How awesome was it that Hurley watches them put the numbers on the hatch door?!

But I rated it so high because of Miles. I just loved his flashbacks. Miles only lashes out because he's hurt, because he's so sensitive (I mean, he still senses people after they're dead). Every time he got weepy, I just starting bawling. I couldn't handle it. And the end...with his dad saying "I need you." Oh! I knew it wasn't a father needing his son, but I was right there with poor Miles.

But also! I loved it for one specific line, that said so much:

JULIET: Well...here we go.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2009, 09:49:24 PM »
Alright, I gave it a 9.

The comedy was awesome. Miles actually...*gasp* communicated with people! And not just dead people! Wow, this show is taking a step in the right direction.

I loved the little scenes: Jack and Roger in the classroom, Sawyer coming home to see Jack, Suspicious Phil (omg!), Kate and Roger...this was the first time I felt like every little scene did, actually, have a purpose.

We were given some answers, too: We saw construction at the Orchid and the Swan. How awesome was it that Hurley watches them put the numbers on the hatch door?!

But I rated it so high because of Miles. I just loved his flashbacks. Miles only lashes out because he's hurt, because he's so sensitive (I mean, he still senses people after they're dead). Every time he got weepy, I just starting bawling. I couldn't handle it. And the end...with his dad saying "I need you." Oh! I knew it wasn't a father needing his son, but I was right there with poor Miles.

My favorite too!  Why didn't you give it a 10?

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2009, 11:49:20 PM »
Alright, I gave it a 9.

My favorite too!  Why didn't you give it a 10?
Well, I'm beginning to get really annoyed that the Rose/Bernard MIA thing is still happening. I feel like it would be so easy for tptb to explain where they went (even in just a line or two of dialogue), but they're stringing us along, and the longer we have to wait, the more we anticipate something fantastic and I'm afraid it'll be a let-down after all this waiting.  :-\ And I love to see what's up in the DI, and I love Hurley and Miles, but tptb aren't using Desmond to his full potential yet, I think. Also, my man wasn't in it.  ::) And I think I rated the last two episodes 10. As much as I love a comedy break with these boys, I just love Ben and miss him when he's not around.

Oh ALSO! lol...I liked how the episode's title referred to Star Wars, of course, but also the movie Some Like It Hot, by focusing on the wacky misadventures of two guys pretending to part of a group.