Poll

How would you rate episode 5x13, "Some Like It Hoth"

10 (best)
1 (worst)

Author Topic: Episode 5x13 Ratings  (Read 10401 times)

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 5x13 Ratings
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2009, 12:33:24 PM »
Mrs. Alpert, I love your assessment of the episode.  The scenes you outlined were also my memorable moments as well.  I have always been a Juliet fan so I was stoked when she said "Well, here we go again".  It was her moment of confronting the truth, bracing herself and moving forward.  Awesome! 

Also, I really am liking Island Jack.  This makes me happy because it has been a long time since I have said that I really like Jack.  I believe he is our hero and it is nice to watch him come back into his own all calm, cool and collected.

The other thing that really pleased me with the episode was Miles.  He blew me away!  I was right there with you when his dad said "I need you".

Hurley, Kate, Sawyer also played important roles and I love the comedy the writers gave us.

A classic, solid Lost episode with all the components that made us fall in love with the show in the first place.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »
Mrs. Alpert, I love your assessment of the episode.  The scenes you outlined were also my memorable moments as well.  I have always been a Juliet fan so I was stoked when she said "Well, here we go again".  It was her moment of confronting the truth, bracing herself and moving forward.  Awesome! 

Also, I really am liking Island Jack.  This makes me happy because it has been a long time since I have said that I really like Jack.  I believe he is our hero and it is nice to watch him come back into his own all calm, cool and collected.

The other thing that really pleased me with the episode was Miles.  He blew me away!  I was right there with you when his dad said "I need you".

Hurley, Kate, Sawyer also played important roles and I love the comedy the writers gave us.

A classic, solid Lost episode with all the components that made us fall in love with the show in the first place.
Wait! So...what did you rate it? lol...

Offline Sunflower

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2009, 01:15:50 PM »
I'm going out of town today and don't have a minute to write.

This episode was perfection. 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10
I'm unavailable too, but agree completely!
LOL Maybe I wasn't clear, I gave it a ten!

Offline Hurley rocks dudes

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »
oh ya, and by the way, i loved it when Phil finally got knocked out! he's been annoying the crap out of me

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »

There's a hidden meaning in those 11 10's, isn't there, Joy?  ;)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2009, 06:08:00 PM »

Oh. lol.  :-[ I don't know how I missed that....

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2009, 11:34:08 PM »
I am surprised by the high ratings. I gave it a 6. I was pretty bored with it all. Feelling very forced right now. Nothing surprising in the whole episode. Not one surprise at all. The last 3 to 4 episodes have been crawling along with our losties just sitting around. Lets get this story moving. We are down to about 19 eps in the whole series and they are stalling. Watched it twice and was bored both times.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »
I am surprised by the high ratings. I gave it a 6. I was pretty bored with it all. Feelling very forced right now. Nothing surprising in the whole episode. Not one surprise at all. The last 3 to 4 episodes have been crawling along with our losties just sitting around. Lets get this story moving. We are down to about 19 eps in the whole series and they are stalling. Watched it twice and was bored both times.

(((((((((((Juggy))))))))))) you states things so well my dear

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 03:51:18 PM »

I like the pace.  I think it's perfect for the middle of the season...  We need the character building... we need the little answers... 21 eps* left are still a lot.  I don't want to be flooded with everything now and have nothing left over for season six...

Anyway, it looks like from the previews that the next "real" episode, a week from tomorrow, will be highly charged...

(* 4 eps left this season + 17 next season = 21 eps)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:59:22 PM by Time-Jumper »

Offline Madam P

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2009, 05:04:38 PM »
I give this one a 9, mostly because of all the excellent Hurley lines.  I was feeling Miles' emotions, too, but Hurley was just awesome.  When he was sitting in the back seat of the van suggesting a group Happy Hour -- too great!  And writing "The Empire Strikes Back"??!!!  Perfect.

Offline jugdish

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
rating summary article is up. Come see if you were quoted.

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/04/some-like-it-hoth-rating-summa.php

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 10:26:54 PM »
Eight.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 10:44:37 PM »
rating summary article is up. Come see if you were quoted.

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/04/some-like-it-hoth-rating-summa.php

I sound like a Valley Girl this week.  :D