Author Topic: Interview with Miles  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Interview with Miles
« on: April 15, 2009, 09:40:53 AM »
There's a interview with the actor who plays Miles, Ken Leung http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,1550612_20250233_20272495,00.html?xid=rss-yahoogadget-todayslatest-%27Lost%27%3A+%27Hoth%27+stuff!

I was afraid to read it because I thought it might give away a spoiler or two but was happy it didn't.

They also do an interview with the actor who plays young Ben which is also pretty cool because he loves the shows and only reads the parts of the script that he's in so he doesn't ruin the surprise when watching the show.

I really enjoy watching Miles and am so looking forward to tonight's episode.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Interview with Miles
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  I really enjoyed Ken Leung.  The little Ben actor - "You're a duck compared to Josh Holloway!"  That's funnnaaa!

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 01:05:09 PM »
I love Ken Leung, but the little Ben kid was awesome in his interview. lol...Ken was trying to come up with intelligent, important answers to the questions, but the kid was like, "Oh, man, that operation scene was awful! I had to lie on that gurney for like, FIVE HOURS! UG!" lolol

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 01:06:31 PM »
He was really brilliant.  He's such a regular little teen guy - not at all Ben Linus.  Good acting!  :D

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 04:17:36 AM »
Great link!

Offline Mommainternet

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 08:32:16 AM »
I think it was interesting what Ken said about how difficult it was in the beginning to do the show.  Maybe because even the actors don't know much about their characters or where they've come from and where they're headed and most actors look for their character's motivation and why they'd do something when acting.

I loved how they put Hurley and Miles together.  Our family watches it together tonight - Thursday, but I had to sneak a peak last night - wound up watching the first 30 minutes. 

One of my favorite videos on Lost was the one where some guy's friend had never seen lost and decides to watch all 4 seasons straight though.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuFk1KKdNFw  (if you click below the video to watch it in HD.)  Very funny.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 01:29:10 PM »
That's awesome cause it's true, lol! Every time I get somebody hooked on it, they call me up and ask those EXACT questions!! haha

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 03:56:57 PM »
I'm jealous of the guy in the video because I would LOVE to do a two day marathon and watch Lost til my eyes fell out.  :D

After having watched Mommainternet's video clip, I so much more appreciated Ken Leung's acting   He is a very sarcastic yet sensitive character played by a very thoughtful-seeming actor.  He's really become one of my favorites on the show.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2009, 04:14:47 PM »
I wish I'd waited until May 2010 to start watching Lost.

.. except then I guess I'd miss out on this board

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 04:16:05 PM »
Well, once the show goes in to syndication (come on, episode 100!), there will be another whole gen of Lost viewers.  We can still consider ourselves the First Wave.  8)

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »
Well, once the show goes in to syndication (come on, episode 100!), there will be another whole gen of Lost viewers.  We can still consider ourselves the First Wave.  8)

We will laugh at their confusion!

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2009, 04:17:18 PM »
We'll be the Jedi Council.  8)

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 02:16:22 PM »
Ooo, Oooo, and we can throw out omniscient pearls of wisdom! And speak in alternate word order, like  Yoda!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2009, 02:29:07 PM by Novashannon »

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2009, 03:22:38 PM »
Agree with you, I do, Nova.  Strong is the Force with you.