Author Topic: Did Dharma know about the Smokey toilet phone?  (Read 2856 times)

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Did Dharma know about the Smokey toilet phone?
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:15:51 PM »
The Smokey phone was underneath a house that was lived in by Dharma before the others were there.  The room looked like it had been there for a long time.  Did Dharma know about it?  Did they use it?  Does Dharma know more than we think they do?

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Did Dharma know about the Smokey toilet phone?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 05:03:41 AM »
I am going to piggy back on those questions myself.

Is that the only way to summon Smokey?

Because watching that scene at Ben's house made me think of all the times that we have scene the monster

Like when flight 815 crashed and Smokey grabbed the pilot.....

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:59:04 AM »
Locked in Lost -

Yes, I have always said they were aware of what was going on there.  If you seek out some other threads, even in this episode that house belonged to Horace.

I wrote this before and I am sure ohters have too, (BTW not being fresh, cheeky or sarcastic) but if Widmore was on and off that Island at his leisure.  Then it stands to reason that someone possibly him, we have no solid evidence that confirms this, agreed to allow the DI go there and start building.

The season started with Dr. Chang being interupted and asked to go to the Orchid site where they were drilling to close to the donkey wheel.  He had remarked about the "rules" .

So if they were allowed there, and for the sake of discussion, let us say Widmore did negotiate the DI's living there, then they would have to know something.

I also think Horace knows more than he has share. It is strange that he would be in that particular house.  But then again he may not have known about it? 

These are great thoughts and I am sure many are wondering the same thing.

I am hoping that they spend some time on this at some point.  Perhaps we will see in the last two episodes where all this was coming from.

most curious though I agree

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 11:47:40 AM »
Great point Lil

I actually didn't know that Horace house= Ben's House

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 12:04:18 PM »
Boston - well that is the rumor-  with James and Juliette also about Dharmatown there is bound to be some data exchange at some point. So if the writers don't have Ben or another character backfill they might.

I am also hoping that at some point Richard has a good conversation or maybe they will an Alpertcentric
episode.

No matter I holding on that we will get more.

Offline Bostonlost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 01:20:49 AM »
It's tough lookking at the outside in like we are....

I see it as

I have these many questions1,000,000,000,000 and mysteries and YOU(TPTB) only have this many episodes ------

We will see....I like that as a theory then  ;D

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:37:17 AM »
I like your attitude and I am hoping there is a movie to answer all those questions or we get JJ on the phone ;D ;)

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 07:59:45 AM »
So Ben's house is Horace's house.
Was that always Horace's house or was it Amy's and Paul's?

Offline razzle-dazzle

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2009, 10:18:53 AM »
Horace isn't stupid, neither is Dharma. Sure they seem like 70 hippies, and a little naive to those of us in 2009.

The fence seems to only keep out idiots (Sawyer trusting Amy) and Smokie. Richard said it couldn't keep him out.
Dharma knows about Smokey.

I think the toliet phone is the only real way to summon him outside of the Temple. I think Smokey just takes random strolls around the island sometimes, or maybe he senses when he needs to judge someone.

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 05:33:33 AM »
Good post Lil, i've throught that Charles was the one to do the deal with Dhama and would explain his wealth and knowlege off the island and his companies ties to Hanso that have been floating about for several seasons (inc. the bad twin book).

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 01:17:32 PM »
Good post Lil, i've throught that Charles was the one to do the deal with Dhama and would explain his wealth and knowlege off the island and his companies ties to Hanso that have been floating about for several seasons (inc. the bad twin book).

Where are you blackstring  I hope you are not caught up in a string theory experiment or something like that.

did someone come and take you away and tie you up? ;)