Author Topic: The Temple or the Wall?  (Read 2626 times)

Offline CaseyMac

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
The Temple or the Wall?
« on: April 11, 2009, 05:58:13 PM »
So, I havn't seen this posted yet, and I always love getting feedback from you guys.

Before Ben and Locke go down the hole, Ben said the structure that we all have come to assume is the Temple was actually just the wall guarding it and the 'real' Temple was a half mile away.

Now clearly, Ben is far from trustworthy, and his attitude changed considerably when Locke said they'd go underneath the wall. Typically I'd say Ben is just a liar, but sometimes he uses the truth to deceive people as well.

So was Ben trying to lead them to a trap and avoid his own judgement, or was he telling a half-truth and we have yet to see the 'real' Temple?

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: The Temple or the Wall?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 06:19:00 PM »
Good point, we do know he was trying to kill Locke again.

We shall see when they leave the temple area if they do, cause I sure do not think they walked a half a mile to the temple underground.

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »
It sure will be interesting to find out.  They could have walked half a mmile underground, though.  Half a mile is not that far.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2009, 06:32:19 PM »
I wonder why he wants to snuff Lucky Locke so badly. He tends to get what he wants regardless of who is there to oppose him. He never needed someone dead so badly. Even Charles he did not kill, although I suppose we could say he wanted to make him suffer through his daughter's death before doing the deed. But to me it seems odd. Specially, since he is one who should understand that if the island wants him alive, then the island is going to keep the old man alive.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »
I wonder why he wants to snuff Lucky Locke so badly. He tends to get what he wants regardless of who is there to oppose him. He never needed someone dead so badly. Even Charles he did not kill, although I suppose we could say he wanted to make him suffer through his daughter's death before doing the deed. But to me it seems odd. Specially, since he is one who should understand that if the island wants him alive, then the island is going to keep the old man alive.

Y'd think!  :D

Offline MangoBingo

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2009, 10:05:43 PM »
I'd be surprised if Locke didn't want to go into The Temple now, seeing as they're stood outside of its supposed perimeter.

Offline BlackString

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2009, 05:42:10 AM »
Ben is a power monkey and Locke is now the one with the power, its a jealous/needy thing i think. I also agree that this is not the temple, an outer barrier what what lies within, you keep your guards in tower room and u dont have a mote inside the caste walls.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 04:22:59 PM »
I think that was deffinitely the wall, but the reason it seemed like the temple itself was because that room that Smokey was in, but considering that the wall is a defense barrier, why not have a way for smokey to come out of it??

Offline powerful

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 02:52:05 AM »

I think the relationship between Ben, Locke and Richard is similar to bible story in Samuel 1.
While Saul and David are both the chosen ones, Saul has violated the rules set by God, and is destined to be replaced by David, but when Saul met David, he realized David as a potential threat as David is more welcomed by their people than himself, so he decided to kill David in every trial. Samuel has picked up David and Saul as the leaders by himself.

So my take is Richard is Samuel, Ben is Saul and Locke is our honorable king David.
The same story can be said for Ben and Widmore.
However, it would still end as Saul being dead and David stepping up as the leader.
And of course God is resembled by The Island.

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 04:41:14 AM »
That's a great relation theory to Samuel 1. So when David had the opportunity to kill Saul, he didn't. Just like Ben not killing Widmore in the penthouse.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 10:18:09 AM »
That's a great relation theory to Samuel 1. So when David had the opportunity to kill Saul, he didn't. Just like Ben not killing Widmore in the penthouse.

Well Widmore even said in the penthouse that neither of them can be killed, so I don't know if that's the same parallel. Unless David and Saul went to the island before.