Author Topic: The Submarine guys' uniforms  (Read 8773 times)

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: The Submarine guys' uniforms
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2009, 12:22:57 PM »
But we don't know when the polar bear got there, so maybe they used the bear to turn the wheel before they built the full installation around the FDW.

I thought the bears were brought by Dharma to do experiments. They lived in the hydracages.
Do you think they lived on a tropical island?

I agree with bob that the first experiment before they developed the pod for teleportation or time travel would have been on the FDW. Dharma discovered it and wondered what it did. I can imagine that they were reluctant to turn it for fear of it consequence. So as a test they made a poor polar do it lol

So polar bears were taken from the polar regions.. brought to the island to turn the wheel and ended up in Tunisia. I wonder who the first individual to ever turn the wheel was and whether he wore a submarine uniform (tries to tie this post into the subject of this thread)

Nice try, but sometimes you can't force it. LOL

Offline Zinzi

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »
LOL  ;D  Well back to the original subject, as I posted back a page or two back the symbol on the uniforms is the trigram from the bottom of the Dharma logo and it symbolises nature or water.  I wonder why we haven't seen any of the other trigrams on the Dharma uniforms?  One possibility is that IF the sub does actually do what it's supposed to and it does dock somewhere on the mainland US then this symbol isn't obviously a Dharma symbol, it could be any company or organisation (it does look like an H as someone else pointed out), thus keeping up the secrecy?  ???

Re the teleportation, in the Orchid orientation film Dr Halliwax does say that the "The unique properties of this island have created a kind of Casimir effect, allowing the DHARMA initiative to conduct unique experiments in both space and time."  also Lostpedia describes the Orchid Orientation film as "The the video describes the proper use of the Orchid vault for spatiotemporal teleportation experiments." - I've always thought that they were experimenting with time travel AND teleportation, but we really need more information to say for sure.  Hopefully we'll get to see more soon!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2009, 12:44:45 PM »
okay, yeah, I guess one could infer teleportation then.

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2009, 09:27:15 PM »
Well, as we saw folks handcuffed and the sub moving from the dock at a fast speed and submerging does this mean they were teleporting? 

Sorry but perhaps that is yet another theory debunked! ???