Author Topic: Alex and Ben's conversation  (Read 6727 times)

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Alex and Ben's conversation
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2009, 01:54:55 PM »
If Charlie had never gone to the Looking Glass, nobody would be in the fix they are now. Keamy and his team would have never landed, they wouldn't have had to move the island, no time-skipping, etc. I think that's the way Desmond changed things, for sure. Or, if he ends up changing multiple things, that's the first thing he changed.

Offline Shmokin17

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2009, 02:01:39 PM »
I'm tryna catch on to this discussion and i was going to post something very similar to you Des. I reckon that Ben gained a similar power to Des after being taken to the temple, giving him the ability to prevent Alex's death for a number of years.

Alex was the daughter of a murderer and thats why the island wanted her dead. I know there are other murderers on the island but Rousseaux murdered the islands converted disciples.

Maybe widmore is a convert too.. My guess about his background is he was a kid or even a foetus on the black rock that was converted in the temple.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2009, 02:28:29 PM »
If Charlie had never gone to the Looking Glass, nobody would be in the fix they are now. Keamy and his team would have never landed, they wouldn't have had to move the island, no time-skipping, etc. I think that's the way Desmond changed things, for sure. Or, if he ends up changing multiple things, that's the first thing he changed.

Exactly! But, yeah, the universe "course corrected" and Charlie ended up dying like he was supposed to... but the RAMIFICATIONS of his death seem to be a WHOLE LOT different then if he had just died one of the other ways (lightning, drowning saving Claire, etc.)

Same with Alex. If she had died as an infant, there would not have been the ramifications of her death that we see now.

But yes. I think that might be the first time Desmond changed things. I've always wondered, since he told Charlie that he saw Claire and Aaron on a helicopter... was he lying? Saw Kate not Claire and was confused? ... or, did something CHANGE?

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2009, 02:33:34 PM »
I'm tryna catch on to this discussion and i was going to post something very similar to you Des. I reckon that Ben gained a similar power to Des after being taken to the temple, giving him the ability to prevent Alex's death for a number of years.

Alex was the daughter of a murderer and thats why the island wanted her dead. I know there are other murderers on the island but Rousseaux murdered the islands converted disciples.

Maybe widmore is a convert too.. My guess about his background is he was a kid or even a foetus on the black rock that was converted in the temple.

I'm not following your logic.

Exactly! But, yeah, the universe "course corrected" and Charlie ended up dying like he was supposed to... but the RAMIFICATIONS of his death seem to be a WHOLE LOT different then if he had just died one of the other ways (lightning, drowning saving Claire, etc.)

Same with Alex. If she had died as an infant, there would not have been the ramifications of her death that we see now.

But yes. I think that might be the first time Desmond changed things. I've always wondered, since he told Charlie that he saw Claire and Aaron on a helicopter... was he lying? Saw Kate not Claire and was confused? ... or, did something CHANGE?

I'm just thinking about this, and when you look back at the episode, Desmond didn't really change anything. He was going to swim down to the Looking Glass station instead of Charlie, and then Charlie knocked him out and went. So really, it was Charlie that changed things. But then again, Desmond did end up swimming down anyway because of Mikhail shooting at him, so maybe Charlie would have too. Hmmmmmm.

Offline Souldrinker

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2009, 02:34:41 PM »
Something changed when Charlie wrote "Not Penny's boat" on his hand and so convinced Claire that the freighter isn't the way of the Island. That is kind of the reason why she went with Locke and then got lost in the jungle when she went off with Daddy Shephard.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2009, 06:42:43 PM »
Imagine if for one of the last few episodes, we see all of the dead characters as ghost things just standing together creepily.  That would be a great way to illustrate the power of the island and the toll the 6 seasons have had.

Offline joshzam

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2009, 08:41:50 PM »
Imagine if for one of the last few episodes, we see all of the dead characters as ghost things just standing together creepily.  That would be a great way to illustrate the power of the island and the toll the 6 seasons have had.

I keep seeing that cheesy last scene from Return of the Jedi in my head.

How about this: Desmond will go back to the Island, they get saved for real, and he looks up and sees a blond girl hanging from a helicopter. Claire? No, it's the girl from the supermarket! Ah!!!

Offline MetalAir1

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
Alex back / Amy Winehouse / Purgatory
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 11:09:46 PM »
Alex is back as Amy Winehouse. She´ll kick ass and will sing someday she feels like to.

Now, are she really the Alex? Or Everyone who died in the island are "in the service" of the island?
Is the "Monster´s"  name Legion for we are many?
Remember that ghosts like Jack´s father Christian or Mr Eko or Claire, came to them outside the island too.
Are the Lost island the Purgatory?

Offline MetalAir1

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 11:11:37 PM »
Alex reborn from the ashes as Amy Winehouse. And she is ANGRY !!!!

Offline Souldrinker

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 08:49:10 PM »
Poor Alex , first her mom and boyfriend get shot , than she catches a bullet herself and now she also has to be AMY WINEHOUSE?? thats worse than eternal punishment in hell :-\