Author Topic: A WIZARD OF OZ MOMENT  (Read 1601 times)

Offline solost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
A WIZARD OF OZ MOMENT
« on: April 09, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »
The "THIS IS YOUR LIFE BENJEMEN LINUS" scene under the temple complex reminded me of the scene in the Wizard Of Oz where Dorithey wakes up and the house is in side twister. She sees all the people in her life flying by.......I thought it was very cool and well done.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: A WIZARD OF OZ MOMENT
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:10:31 PM »
That's was exactly my first thought!

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 03:48:25 PM »
NO WAY!  LOL  I said the same thing last night! :D

But I disagree on it being "well done."  I dunno....Eko's Smokey graphics were cooler, but then again they weren't nearly as clear.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 04:29:49 PM »
I thought they were a bit hokey myself... but very Wizard of Oz-ish... and yes I liked Eko scene a lot better... Are they losing there touch?!?

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 04:54:29 PM »
They opted for drama instead of subtlety. 

I'm trying not to be too critical, because I think my disappointment over some aspects of last night's show was based in my own expectations.  It wasn't bad....just different. lol

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 04:56:17 PM »
the only part about the episode that I found a little hokey was Ben stealing baby Alex and telling Rousseau to run when she hears the whispers.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 05:02:23 PM »
the only part about the episode that I found a little hokey was Ben stealing baby Alex and telling Rousseau to run when she hears the whispers.
This is why they put him behind a desk. lol  He didn't have the skilz to be a field agent.   ::)

Offline vickilynn

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 05:37:32 PM »
I thought the scene was weak technically...the images should have been more subtle, more wispy-ish  ;D

Offline KoKoNut

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 05:57:47 PM »
I personally thought that scene was a little too sappy and overdone.  Especially the flash of him pushing Alex on the swing. I was like...   ::)   
I agree the Eko encounter was much better IMO.

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »
I personally thought that scene was a little too sappy and overdone.  Especially the flash of him pushing Alex on the swing. I was like...   ::)   
It also reminded me of Armageddon right before Bruce Willis blew the nuke.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 06:52:46 PM »
Man, we finally see Ben's fatherly, caring side and nobody likes it!  :-[ I was an emotional wreck, but that may have been from Michael Emerson's own mad acting skillz, lol. We go from the extreme of him shooting a guy at point-blank range in the chest, to him pushing a little girl on the swing...it showed Ben's total range (or lack of) emotions.  :D

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 10:58:08 PM »
hey I totally liked the episode, and I cried when he flinched as smokie showed keamy shooting alex, I just thought the baby stealing scene was a little hokey, thats all.
It also reminded me of Armageddon right before Bruce Willis blew the nuke.
don't get me started on how bad that movie was.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 01:44:54 AM »
hey I totally liked the episode, and I cried when he flinched as smokie showed keamy shooting alex, I just thought the baby stealing scene was a little hokey, thats all.
Aw...but why?

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 01:54:56 AM »
I guess because number one, she didn't even really try to stop him, gun or not, and two, I guess they were trying to show him as young and not a cool headed, but we know Ben to solid as a rock especially when he is freaked out, and it just didn't feel right. I don't know.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 01:58:08 AM »
He does seem to always have a plan...and is never fazed by anything. But I think that's because he always knows what will happen somehow. He didn't have all the information when he went to kill Rousseau, Widmore never told him that she had a kid. He had to improvise. He didn't have a back-up plan this time because he didn't know he needed one. Maybe this is the point in time when he realizes that he needs to start creating Plan B's for everything, lol.

I agree with Rousseau not fighting hard enough for her kid.
And also Ben's hair was hilarious.