Author Topic: Locke pulling a Clark Kent?  (Read 7800 times)

Offline PrincessLeia

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
Re: Locke pulling a Clark Kent?
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 07:32:12 PM »
That's an excellent point about Widmore being the one to initially draw Locke to the Island.  Was it for selfish reasons (to supplant Ben) or has he finally come around to promoting the good of the Island?

Also- don't forget that young Ben saw his mother on the Island.  All she said to him was that it wasn't yet time for him to go with the Others.   

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 12:00:15 AM »
Okay, so I just watched this part again, and here's what I think.

Locke knew Ben went to summon Smokey. So Locke went into the jungle and intercepted Smokey, talked to him for a bit, and sent him back. Maybe Locke even asked to have some time with Ben, to work on him, or talk to him, or something. When Locke comes out of the jungle, he knows where Smokey lives, acts impatient, then says they have to find Smokey.

Maybe Locke intervened on Ben's behalf, by talking to him while they were walking through the jungle. Locke got to investigate what Ben might actually be thinking, and it's possible he had some sway with Smokey himself. I don't think Locke is Smokey, or that Smokey manifested himself as Locke, but I wouldn't be surprised if the two had some communication, and Locke was doing some extracurricular activity by taking the time to walk and talk with Ben over to the temple.

Offline norville

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 12:10:53 AM »
Great theory, Mrs. Alpert!  I like it... John conversing with Smokey.  I'd like to see that one on camera.

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2009, 12:42:17 AM »
I think he was actually talking to Christian, finding out where they needed to go.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2009, 04:00:22 AM »
I like what whoever said about Locke knowing where to go because of the hatch map.

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 10:58:11 AM »
I like what whoever said about Locke knowing where to go because of the hatch map.
Oh yeah, thats a great point too.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2009, 08:25:02 PM »
So... ahem. Bumping this because it looks like Locke really did pull a Clark Kent... lol. If he's Smokey, that is.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 01:19:54 PM »
Locke = Smokey? ???  I don't get that.  If Ben hadn't told John to hang back, John would've gone with him to see Smokey.  And, it wasn't like John ducked out.... Ben had fallen, was John supposed to jump down?  John had to go find something to get Ben out.

I agree with the conclusion, but not your reasoning.
Wait... what??  You don't agree with something I said?  LOL

I was trying to illustrate that John wasn't making an effort to slip out of the picture in order to play the role of Smokey (which he'd have to do if they were the same and Smokey was ever going to appear).

How do you agree with me on Locke not being Smokey but disagree with my reasoning?  I'm not saying this is the only reason they can't be the same... just that it does support the fact that they are not the same.

Well, if I was on the flip side of the arguement saying that Locke is Smokey, then I would say that john went to get something for Ben to climb out of the hole at a very opportune moment when Smokey showed up. Plus, on top of that, Ben screams up "John, wait." And Locke still walked away. It's not like Locke didn't hear him.

And now I am on the flip side of the arguement. Sorry. LOL

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 03:38:11 PM »
It's okay, I was off on my theory too.  :P

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2009, 05:00:36 PM »
Locke = Smokey? ???  I don't get that.  If Ben hadn't told John to hang back, John would've gone with him to see Smokey.  And, it wasn't like John ducked out.... Ben had fallen, was John supposed to jump down?  John had to go find something to get Ben out.

I agree with the conclusion, but not your reasoning.
Wait... what??  You don't agree with something I said?  LOL

I was trying to illustrate that John wasn't making an effort to slip out of the picture in order to play the role of Smokey (which he'd have to do if they were the same and Smokey was ever going to appear).

How do you agree with me on Locke not being Smokey but disagree with my reasoning?  I'm not saying this is the only reason they can't be the same... just that it does support the fact that they are not the same.

Well, if I was on the flip side of the arguement saying that Locke is Smokey, then I would say that john went to get something for Ben to climb out of the hole at a very opportune moment when Smokey showed up. Plus, on top of that, Ben screams up "John, wait." And Locke still walked away. It's not like Locke didn't hear him.

And now I am on the flip side of the arguement. Sorry. LOL
It's all part of being a Lost viewer.  We're pre-disposed to being wrong.