Author Topic: Locke pulling a Clark Kent?  (Read 8182 times)

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Locke pulling a Clark Kent?
« on: April 09, 2009, 03:27:53 AM »
Anybody notice how Locke conveniently takes off when the smokie shows up?

"Oh I'll go find some rope"

Smokie shows up

Smokie Leaves

"Hey Ben I found some rope"

I got the same impression when Ben originally summoned Smokie and Locke was nowhere around and Ben asks Sun where he went off to.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Locke pulling a Clark Kent?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 03:32:22 AM »
Very interesting, my friend.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 03:36:49 AM »
Yeah, what was it Ben said? "You might want to go inside, because I can't control what comes out of the jungle!!"   ...and out saunters Locke, lol! I thought he was going to be Smokie-incarnate.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 06:16:07 AM »
Locke is smokey now!  We'll never see them in the same room!  DUN DUN DUN!

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 10:38:32 AM »
That's how he knows where the temple is!!  Hey, we might be onto something!

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:39:51 PM »
I think this is exactly what the writers want us to believe, so I'm going to go ahead and go against it. It seems to obvious that they would do that. There was such a big issue about Locke coming back to the island, I don't see why they would have him come back to the island if it wasn't really him. Reminds me of the Jack/young Ben situation. Jack is obviously there to do something else, because if his purpose was to let Ben die, then he wouldn't have had to come back at all.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 01:10:35 PM »
Locke = Smokey? ???  I don't get that.  If Ben hadn't told John to hang back, John would've gone with him to see Smokey.  And, it wasn't like John ducked out.... Ben had fallen, was John supposed to jump down?  John had to go find something to get Ben out.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »
Good point, I was wdonering why he knew where it was. Also, he knew why Ben was going to see Smokey... before Ben even told him.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »
Good point, I was wondering why he knew where it was. Also, he knew why Ben was going to see Smokey... before Ben even told him.
I think that Locke really is Locke, but maybe he's like, the enhanced version of Locke? Maybe he's more in tune with the island now, and--like he told Ben--just knows stuff. Including stuff about Smokey.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »
I think that Locke really is Locke, but maybe he's like, the enhanced version of Locke? Maybe he's more in tune with the island now, and--like he told Ben--just knows stuff. Including stuff about Smokey.

Exactly.

Offline taki1379

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 01:18:01 PM »
I think we have to clarify is Locke is really dead appearing as a "ghost", "spirit"or if he is really alive. If he truely is alive then i doubt that he is smokey. I don't think he is smokey. All the 316's saw him and interacted with him. Remember that all the other "dead" only appear to certain people.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 01:36:56 PM »
Locke says to Sun that he assures her that he is the same man he has always been.
Not like Alex i think.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 01:46:17 PM »
Locke says to Sun that he assures her that he is the same man he has always been.
Not like Alex i think.
True. I think it was an assurance to her and us.

Offline lostfromthestart

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 01:47:50 PM »
Good point, I was wondering why he knew where it was. Also, he knew why Ben was going to see Smokey... before Ben even told him.
I think that Locke really is Locke, but maybe he's like, the enhanced version of Locke? Maybe he's more in tune with the island now, unlike he told Ben--just knows stuff. Including stuff about Smokey.

I agree with this.  Locke is not Smokey, but his "rebirth" or second coming is more self assured, more in tune with the needs of the island, and he has knowledge even he couldn't explain.  THIS is why Widmore wanted him back on the island.  He is now most capable to lead them in "the coming war."  Is this war against the new antagonists on the smaller island?  Not sure.  But Widmore didn't realize that Locke had to die in order for the island to raise him in his new form.

Offline rhythm

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 01:55:18 PM »
I think this is exactly what the writers want us to believe, so I'm going to go ahead and go against it. It seems to obvious that they would do that. There was such a big issue about Locke coming back to the island, I don't see why they would have him come back to the island if it wasn't really him. Reminds me of the Jack/young Ben situation. Jack is obviously there to do something else, because if his purpose was to let Ben die, then he wouldn't have had to come back at all.
Agreed!