Author Topic: Will you recognize me? Danielle knowing Ben in the net  (Read 3760 times)

Offline WG?JIFFY

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Will you recognize me? Danielle knowing Ben in the net
« on: April 09, 2009, 01:03:06 AM »
The man who comes into your tent and steals your newborn child is now caught in a trap you set for these people that have been tormenting and scaring the hell out of you for the last 16 years, and you don't recognize him?  hmmm....

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Will you recognize me 16 yrs from now?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 01:05:26 AM »
I'm not going to excuse this, but she was borderline psychotic.

What bothered me most was how easily she gave up her daughter. You'd figure a mother, specially one in such a deranged state of mind, would fight tooth and nail against impossible odds to stop someone from snatching her baby. She just sort of stood there and wept.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 01:06:28 AM »
I always thought she did recognize him.

Offline Still_lost06

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 01:14:04 AM »
I think that if she had recognized him when she caught him in her net, she would have killed him without hesitating one bit. She did go crazy so maybe she just forgot?

Offline cptncarisma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 01:19:05 AM »
she did recognize him. is season 2 epi 14 Danielle warns Sayid not to free him, and tells him he should not believe any word Henry says. Rousseau shoots him in the back with a crossbow, purposely missing his heart. She is convinced that Gale is an Other, and she tells Sayid to take him back to their doctor. Sayid ties him up, and she tells him that Gale "will lie, for a long time... he will lie." so by this she dose remember him. endo conversation

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 01:43:46 AM »
She doesn't.  If she did, she wouldn't have gotten Sayid and she would've tortured him until he told her where her daughter was.  And she's shocked in season 3 when they're finally introduced.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 01:47:35 AM »
I don't think she did remember him, Capt--hey, you're named after Christian, right? From E&C? Anyway... I think she would have said all she said about any Other. She didn't really recognized Ben as the man who took her little baby girl.

Offline jumbotron

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 01:54:13 AM »
She's nuts.  She was alone in the jungle for 16 years.  She's been eating tree bark and berries for almost half her life.  I ran into a guy I lived and worked with the other day, it took us 10 minutes to figure out where we knew each other from.

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 02:10:13 AM »
It was also night. There were no lights. Moonlight, sure, but that's about it and he had that dumb haircut and jungle garb. How much could she actually have seen of him? Nah, I can believe that she wouldn't recognize him. Jin on the other hand still bothers me a little, cause she conversed with him, in the middle of the day, for a long, long time, and he reappeared later. But not recognizing a guy who sneaked in under the cover of darkness 16 years ago? Makes sense to me.

Offline cptncarisma

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 02:14:58 AM »
I don't think she did remember him, Capt--hey, you're named after Christian, right? From E&C? Anyway... I think she would have said all she said about any Other. She didn't really recognized Ben as the man who took her little baby girl.

your right thats where its from e&c and there 5 sec pose. u are probably right about the other part. ben did have more hair on his head.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 02:18:18 AM »
Hi, Mrs. Alpert! I remember you! You're awesome!

Anyway, I think the whole Jin banishing into thin air may have led her crazy ass self to believe it wasn't real. That maybe that simply never happened. Perhaps whatever part of her sanity remained simply couldn't accept such an incongruity to have taken place. People don't banish into thin air, that does not and cannot happen. Or maybe I'm simply going about this the wrong way...

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 02:24:43 AM »
Hi, Mrs. Alpert! I remember you! You're awesome!

Anyway, I think the whole Jin banishing into thin air may have led her crazy ass self to believe it wasn't real. That maybe that simply never happened. Perhaps whatever part of her sanity remained simply couldn't accept such an incongruity to have taken place. People don't banish into thin air, that does not and cannot happen. Or maybe I'm simply going about this the wrong way...
Heya G&R! My goodness your post count has gone up! You're making sense all over these boards tonight, btw...

I go back and forth with the Jin thing. But if she doesn't remember Jin, and she had a much better look at him, then I sincerely doubt she would have remembered Ben. I think we're both right here...it was dark and she went crazy, lol! No she doesn't recognize him.

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 02:28:13 AM »
I can't think of anytimes she has seen Jin since she was young.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 02:32:04 AM »
I can't think of anytimes she has seen Jin since she was young.
Right....there's that time when they rescue him out of the ocean, then he appears two months later. She doesn't see him again until 2004 when he crashes in 815. But I don't think she saw Ben between the night he took Alex and when Rousseau caught him in the net. The difference is, Jin hasn't aged and they spent hours together in broad daylight. Ben had a shadow of darkness over him and he was in and out in a few minutes.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 03:00:25 AM »
she did recognize him. is season 2 epi 14 Danielle warns Sayid not to free him, and tells him he should not believe any word Henry says. Rousseau shoots him in the back with a crossbow, purposely missing his heart. She is convinced that Gale is an Other, and she tells Sayid to take him back to their doctor. Sayid ties him up, and she tells him that Gale "will lie, for a long time... he will lie." so by this she dose remember him. endo conversation

It's never 'end of conversation' around here...lol.

I don't think this proves that she recognized him.  Even a crazy person...as a matter of fact, ESPECIALLY a crazy person would remember someone who kidnapped their child.  Danielle's every thought was about Alex, and the people who took her away.  Just because she was convinced that Ben..."Henry" ((at the time)) was an Other, doesn't mean she knew it was him.  I think this is just a screw up with the show...Danielle should remember him...

If someone took your baby....even if it was at night with just the moonlight on their face...with a crazy Hitler-esque hairstyle.  I think you would remember....crazy or not.  The image of that man's face would be forever etched into your memory.