Author Topic: The Will of Jacob  (Read 4420 times)

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
Re: The Will of Jacob
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 05:26:24 PM »
O = Orestes

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »
I think that Jacob is a person, but with some kind of power/ability/connection to the island. It is possible that his sole "power" is that he has all this knowledge of the island locked away in his head, and because of that, the Others view him as some sort of Omnipotent being. When we saw him way back, I got the impression that it is John Locke, and now that the idea of time travel has shown up on the show, it makes it more possible that Locke is indeed Jacob. Why he would take on this new name is kind of unclear, but I'm sure that will all be covered...exentually.

I agree with Bob single person/entity,  not necessarily the Locke thing although that is not impossible.

Sorry Crazy I think your crazy on this one,.
I agree with Squirt... even though agreeing with Bob with his recent track record may not be the wisest course of action. LOL  Maybe he'll be wrong about Locke being Jacob and that'll be enough "wrong" in his post to allow the first part to be right.  LOL

Hey pal, only my future predictions have been wrong, at least I get my names and facts about the past right, unlike some people....BURN!!
Oh yeah??  Well, I'll have you know that I sometimes get names and facts right!

Sometimes.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 05:42:52 PM »
I think that Jacob is a person, but with some kind of power/ability/connection to the island. It is possible that his sole "power" is that he has all this knowledge of the island locked away in his head, and because of that, the Others view him as some sort of Omnipotent being. When we saw him way back, I got the impression that it is John Locke, and now that the idea of time travel has shown up on the show, it makes it more possible that Locke is indeed Jacob. Why he would take on this new name is kind of unclear, but I'm sure that will all be covered...exentually.

I agree with Bob single person/entity,  not necessarily the Locke thing although that is not impossible.

Sorry Crazy I think your crazy on this one,.
I agree with Squirt... even though agreeing with Bob with his recent track record may not be the wisest course of action. LOL  Maybe he'll be wrong about Locke being Jacob and that'll be enough "wrong" in his post to allow the first part to be right.  LOL

Hey pal, only my future predictions have been wrong, at least I get my names and facts about the past right, unlike some people....BURN!!
Oh yeah??  Well, I'll have you know that I sometimes get names and facts right!

Sometimes.
Thank you. ;D

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 07:37:30 PM »
O = Orestes
.....I like that. How about Osiris? Odysseus? Orlando? ....Egyptian, Greek, or classic lit references? lol

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »
could be Ozzy too.

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 11:35:36 PM »
OMG! He's Ozymandias!

Offline hyperform

• DHARMA Scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »
actually maybe so, Ozymandias is Ramses II

Offline joetermini

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 11:47:33 PM »
I think that Jacob is a person, but with some kind of power/ability/connection to the island. It is possible that his sole "power" is that he has all this knowledge of the island locked away in his head, and because of that, the Others view him as some sort of Omnipotent being. When we saw him way back, I got the impression that it is John Locke, and now that the idea of time travel has shown up on the show, it makes it more possible that Locke is indeed Jacob. Why he would take on this new name is kind of unclear, but I'm sure that will all be covered...eventually.

He can't be just a man, because he reaches out and touches (spiritually) everyone. Like when Christian told Michael that he could die now when the freighter blew.