Author Topic: Will Ben abide by Smokey's wishes?  (Read 11694 times)

Offline LostinLock

• Island Native
    • View Profile
Re: Will Ben abide by Smokey's wishes?
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2009, 09:35:31 AM »
Well, if Smokey knows Ben's mind and if Smokey is no longer contained why wouldn't Ben listen.  He has no control over Smokey

Offline Novashannon

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2009, 07:06:57 PM »
I, for one, believed Alex/Smokey when she said that if Ben took one step out of line, she would hunt him down and destroy him.  And I think Ben believed her too.

For this reason, I think Ben will move forward with all appearances of supporting and following Locke, while secretly hatching his own plan.  At some point -- maybe this season, but probably next season -- he will try to make an endgame and overthrow Locke.  At which point Smokey will carry out her promise and deliver retribution.

I only hope Ben can be good until near the end of Season 6, because I don't like thinking about LOST without him.

I agree.  Ben is soooo good at weaseling out of trouble.  I don't think he will be killed by Smokey, though; I think he will find a way around the strictures, lilke he always does.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »
I think the question is will Ben abide by Alex's wishes?  Smokey is a guard dog - Cerberus.  Who really has the power over Ben's life?  Locke and Alex.  The undead.  I do not think Alex is undead like Locke is.  Locke is resurrected.  Alex was a vision.  Ben has finally met his comeuppance.  I thought he underwent a sea change. 

The really interesting question now is how will the past be rectified?  If Ben won't cause the Purge to happen, who will?  Or will it even happen?  The questions get more and more interesting.

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2009, 07:01:01 AM »
I hope Ben will not, because I don't trust Locke.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2009, 12:22:42 PM »
Ben will follow Locke's orders...

But Locke's orders will be Ben's wishes anyway - so it's a moot point.

Ben has a habit of making people think they came up with an original thought, when in truth he planted the seed in their mind through suggestion.
I agree with all three of these things, except that I think Locke is now too...um, enlightened (for lack of a better term) to fall for Ben's devious mind games now. Locke's the one who knows things. Ben has to follow, cause he wants to know stuff, too.

Locke already knows that Ben loves these mind games, and I'm sure he (Locke) will think that whatever Ben says is a manipulative ploy, and go against it. Classic boy who cried wolf.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2009, 12:38:18 PM »

Wow.  Just wow.  Why in the world do you not trust Locke?  He's practically the ruling hero of Lost right now.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2009, 12:40:40 PM »

I'm with Laklost on this one. I don't know how I missed it, but what makes you not trust Locke??

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2009, 08:20:12 AM »
I said it in another thread.
I think Widmore needs Locke on the island. He helped him with his leg, with a new identity, helped him with Abbadon to find the 06, told him
that he needed to get back to the island. Ben just tried to get info out of John of how to return to the island and than killed him.

Widmore needs Locke, Widmore is on Locke's side and they both are not on Ben's side. Widmore needs Locke to win a war.
I see a lot of people saying that Widmore is the bad guy and Ben (finally, for the greater good) the good guy.

That doesn't fit for me.
If Widmore is bad, Locke can't be good. Than Widmore would have him killed in Tunesia, so he could never get back to the island. Why would Widmore want the good side to win, if he is the dark side?

also, if Widmore is bad and Ben is good, Ben's idea to kill Locke is the right idea for the good. But now Locke forced him to see the monster
and scared him to death and forced him to follow Locke to his side (Widmore's side, the dark side?).

Or, Locke is good and Widmore is good too and Ben really tricked Widmore. But in that case, Ben is really, really bad and not doing things for the greater good or for the island.

I just see Locke on the opposite side of Ben.
So I don't trust Locke, because I don't know what happened to kid Ben in that temple, if it took him to the good side or the dark side.

Offline Souldrinker

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2009, 08:55:34 AM »
I said it in another thread.
I think Widmore needs Locke on the island. He helped him with his leg, with a new identity, helped him with Abbadon to find the 06, told him
that he needed to get back to the island. Ben just tried to get info out of John of how to return to the island and than killed him.

Widmore needs Locke, Widmore is on Locke's side and they both are not on Ben's side. Widmore needs Locke to win a war.
I see a lot of people saying that Widmore is the bad guy and Ben (finally, for the greater good) the good guy.

That doesn't fit for me.
If Widmore is bad, Locke can't be good. Than Widmore would have him killed in Tunesia, so he could never get back to the island. Why would Widmore want the good side to win, if he is the dark side?

also, if Widmore is bad and Ben is good, Ben's idea to kill Locke is the right idea for the good. But now Locke forced him to see the monster
and scared him to death and forced him to follow Locke to his side (Widmore's side, the dark side?).

Or, Locke is good and Widmore is good too and Ben really tricked Widmore. But in that case, Ben is really, really bad and not doing things for the greater good or for the island.

I just see Locke on the opposite side of Ben.
So I don't trust Locke, because I don't know what happened to kid Ben in that temple, if it took him to the good side or the dark side.

I think Widmore wants Locke on the Island that the Others can win the war , his people. I don't think the big war he told Locke about was Widmore vs. Ben (again...) , that would kind of be the same as Season 4 and kinda lame I guess ;)

Or Widmore is bad and Locke is good but Widmore used him for whatever his plans are (like Ben did with Sayid you know)
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:57:27 AM by Souldrinker »

Offline opgelost

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2009, 09:16:09 AM »
Or Widmore is bad and Locke is good but Widmore used him for whatever his plans are (like Ben did with Sayid you know)

In that case Locke can't be trusted, like I said.
Not because Locke is bad, but because he is being used (again).

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2009, 10:37:10 AM »

Don't you think Locke is smart enough to see through the games?? I think he is probably the only trustworthy one on the island right now.

Offline laklost

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2009, 01:15:03 PM »

Don't you think Locke is smart enough to see through the games?? I think he is probably the only trustworthy one on the island right now.

I agree.  Otherwise his resurrection was practically useless.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »

I agree.  Otherwise his resurrection was practically useless.
I also agree.  That Widmore needed Locke to return to the island doesn't make him Widmore's puppet.  Really, there wasn't much interaction between Locke and Widmore at this point... Locke isn't in his pocket.

Offline Souldrinker

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2009, 02:29:33 PM »
Exactly, he also starts to "know" stuff , so who knows what Locke actually knows? The new improved Locke is certainly smart enough to not let Widmore manipulate him.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2009, 02:31:22 PM »
I sure hope so! In LADOJB it was almost painful to watch him be manipulated by both sides. I hope we're done with those days.