Author Topic: Will Ben abide by Smokey's wishes?  (Read 11674 times)

Offline Schmokey

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Will Ben abide by Smokey's wishes?
« on: April 09, 2009, 12:08:42 AM »
Okay, this is Ben we're talking about, so I'm going to say...uh, no.   But.  The apparition (or whatever) of his dead daughter/ the manifestation of Smokey tells him not to go through with his plan of killing Locke but instead to follow him.  So we can assume this is the wish of the Island.

Is Ben Linus capable of such a change?

Offline LockedInLost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
Re: Will Ben abide by Smokey's wishes?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 12:10:05 AM »
Is he scared enough?

Offline userh6478

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 12:16:09 AM »
Yes, I think he will, He has too, if he doesn't he probably knows he will die..He isn't ready to die yet. I don't think..Also we know when Ben killed Locke he never knew he would be alive again, because Alex said that she knew he planned on killing him a second time..

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 12:16:19 AM »
no freaking way :) LoL

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 12:17:48 AM »
..Also we know when Ben killed Locke he never knew he would be alive again, because Alex said that she knew he planned on killing him a second time..

wow, really good thinking, good logic
that makes a lot of sense

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 12:33:10 AM »
I think Ben will try for a time, but sooner or later his own wishes will get the better of him.

Offline lovinlost

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:36:52 AM »
Ben being Ben (Mr. Double-Speak himself) will try to find a way to seem like he is abiding by Smokey's wishes, but he will have an agenda.  He always has an agenda.  It will eventually catch up with him, but the island being what it is will use him to it's advantage and whatever is supposed to happen WILL happen no matter what.  Ben will eventually be sacrificed by the island, once he is no longer of use.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 10:52:37 AM »
I think that just as all the other characters have gone through some kind of major change, this is going to be Ben's big changing moment. The fun thing is going to be that we the audience know that he has changed, and when he tells people information, they will assume he's lying, go against his advice/info, and end up getting hurt.

Offline Asmodean

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 10:54:47 AM »
Only if it benefits Ben.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 04:16:12 PM »
Ben's an idiot.  He's try to kill Locke twice now and the island saved him both times, why the h3!! would he think he could kill him a third time?!?

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 04:19:47 PM »
Ben is very persistent. But his dead daughter threw him against a hieroglyphic-carved pillar and said, "I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO!!!! Try it and I. Will. Kill. You. Understand?"   ....so....I think he's gonna follow her advice.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 04:30:39 PM »
Ben is very persistent. But his dead daughter threw him against a hieroglyphic-carved pillar and said, "I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE PLANNING TO DO!!!! Try it and I. Will. Kill. You. Understand?"   ....so....I think he's gonna follow her advice.
Yep... at least, he's gonna try.  He may succumb to his Benness at some point, but he's gonna try for the foreseeable future.  He was definitely scared.. and it will stay with him for a little while anyway.  I think it will also depend on how others behave.  If John belittles Ben and makes him look bad in front of others, if others completely dismiss Ben as insignificant, he may attempt to unseed John somehow.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 04:37:30 PM »
Yep... at least, he's gonna try.  He may succumb to his Benness at some point, but he's gonna try for the foreseeable future.  He was definitely scared.. and it will stay with him for a little while anyway.  I think it will also depend on how others behave.  If John belittles Ben and makes him look bad in front of others, if others completely dismiss Ben as insignificant, he may attempt to unseed John somehow.
Yeah...I agree. But I think Locke has smartened up, too. I don't think he'll make Ben look bad, I think Ben can do that well enough on his own (and I actually think Locke would agree with me on that one, lol!)...As long as the island keeps Ben alive, I think they'll see him as significant. At least I hope.  :-\

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 04:43:04 PM »
Yeah...I agree. But I think Locke has smartened up, too. I don't think he'll make Ben look bad, I think Ben can do that well enough on his own (and I actually think Locke would agree with me on that one, lol!)...As long as the island keeps Ben alive, I think they'll see him as significant. At least I hope.  :-\
I agree that Locke isn't likely to do something like that.  That would be an act of immaturity and he's definitely not displaying any of that.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 04:44:41 PM »
I agree that Locke isn't likely to do something like that.  That would be an act of immaturity and he's definitely not displaying any of that.
I agree that you agree with what I agreed that you agreed with me with.  ??? lol