Author Topic: Des and Penny Live  (Read 15179 times)

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Des and Penny Live
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2009, 01:21:37 AM »
I was disappointed that he didn't kill Penny, and it made his statement to Sun about telling Desmond he's sorry make even less sense.  Sorry for letting Desmond beat the **** out of him?

Offline Gar O Mac

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2009, 01:23:37 AM »
I was disappointed that he didn't kill Penny, and it made his statement to Sun about telling Desmond he's sorry make even less sense.  Sorry for letting Desmond beat the **** out of him?

I think he was saying he was sorry for trying to kill Penny

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2009, 02:35:43 AM »

I think he was saying he was sorry for trying to kill Penny
Yes, I agree. Ben was about to go into the temple and ask for forgiveness. He probably felt guilty about other stuff too, and this was something else that he could apologize for. You know, trying to be as guilt-free before confronting Smokey.

Um, I really wished that Ben's line was "Well, we don't really have a word for it, but you called it the Monster...but I guess sometimes we call him Smokey, too."

Offline BTBM

• Onlooker
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2009, 02:41:36 AM »
When Ben showed up at the Marina and called Widmore, I said to my wife that I hoped Des would be the one who beat the snot out of Ben.  But that was just the sentimental side of me.

I couldn't be happier about this development.  There's no way TPTB could have killed off Penny or Des without a massive revolt from fans.  This is much more satisfying.

One question remains.  Ben said someone else had injured his arm and it was apparently not Des, at least not based on what we've seen so far.  Was Ben in another fight before he got to the plane?

There is that chance, though, that Desmond could die from his wounds, hence Ben's "apology" to him.

Offline Blitz Wing

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2009, 02:52:29 AM »
Are we certain that there's not more to the flashback that we weren't shown yet? Ben gets out of the water and is still able to get Penny?

I always figured it'd be pretty funny if Penny was the one who beat the snot out of Ben. =)

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2009, 02:53:19 AM »
... and it made his statement to Sun about telling Desmond he's sorry make even less sense.  Sorry for letting Desmond beat the **** out of him?

he did SHOOT Desmond and try to kill Penny

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 02:54:30 AM »
When Ben showed up at the Marina and called Widmore, I said to my wife that I hoped Des would be the one who beat the snot out of Ben.  But that was just the sentimental side of me.

I couldn't be happier about this development.  There's no way TPTB could have killed off Penny or Des without a massive revolt from fans.  This is much more satisfying.

One question remains.  Ben said someone else had injured his arm and it was apparently not Des, at least not based on what we've seen so far.  Was Ben in another fight before he got to the plane?

There is that chance, though, that Desmond could die from his wounds, hence Ben's "apology" to him.

I'm pretty sure Desmond didn't look like he had been shot when he went after Ben.  I'm thinking the only thing Ben is guilty of when it comes to that is---intent to kill Penny...and murder of a grocery bag.

Offline jamesl

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 02:57:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure Desmond didn't look like he had been shot when he went after Ben.  I'm thinking the only thing Ben is guilty of when it comes to that is---intent to kill Penny...and murder of a grocery bag.

ok, we need a screenshot

I still say Ben shot Desmond, but the island healed him or whatever; it kept him alive the same it kept Michael alive because the island is not through with Des yet

and nobody else beat up Ben, it was Desmond who messed up Ben's arm

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 03:27:48 AM »

ok, we need a screenshot

I still say Ben shot Desmond, but the island healed him or whatever; it kept him alive the same it kept Michael alive because the island is not through with Des yet

and nobody else beat up Ben, it was Desmond who messed up Ben's arm

Hey James, there is a screen shot up on the main page. :) Ch-check it out and let me know what you think.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
Re: Lost's gift to Des-Penny fans ??
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:03 AM »
happy happy ! did I mention I'm happy?  ;) ;D
I wonder how Desmond will fit into the rest of the story now. what would his reason be for going back to the island if he even does. or what will his purpose be now. (well I have an idea obviously  ;) )

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2009, 03:37:57 AM »
I wonder why Eloise told Desmond that pushing the button in the hatch would be the only great thing Desmond will ever do.

And why in the world was Ben so sorry? I thought he had killed little Charlie, and had unintentionally put Desmond through the same hell we can only assume he went through after Alex's skull was splattered by hot lead as he looked on. But in the end, all he did was shoot and miss Desmond.

He wouldn't apologize to Locke, and Locke he violently strangled. Damn you, Ben! You cryptic motherf--

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2009, 03:40:14 AM »
happy happy ! did I mention I'm happy?  ;) ;D
I wonder how Desmond will fit into the rest of the story now. what would his reason be for going back to the island if he even does. or what will his purpose be now. (well I have an idea obviously  ;) )
OMB, when he shot Des I seriously jumped up and shouted, "NO, MRS HUME!!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!" But then he tackled Ben and I was like, Whew! Okay, calm down heart, it's all good, it's all good.... lol

It's still possible that Ben killed Penny. Went back and finished the job somehow. I don't think this is the case, but I'm just saying....it's possible. So he could have been apologizing for killing her, or for attempting to kill her.  :-\ *shrugging*

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 03:50:00 AM »
lol, awww! I didn't even react! do you believe it!?  I don't know if it was because I was in shock or denial. and before i could react He jumped Ben.
You might be right, he might have gone back later and finished the job. but from his reaction right before Des jumped him, he looked like he couldn't do it. (but, the tricky ptb might would have planed that to fool us) so I just hope he didn't because I think this episode has showed what I have felt for a while now. That Ben isn't as bad as Widmore. Remember i said he's our bad guy? widmore couldn't be better because we got more invested in Ben? But if he killed penny I will be disappointed.
and during the show I thought wow, the tea party is going to have to celebrate.  ;D because Ben was judged and didn't die (yet?)

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2009, 03:55:41 AM »
lol, awww! I didn't even react! do you believe it!?  I don't know if it was because I was in shock or denial. and before i could react He jumped Ben.
You might be right, he might have gone back later and finished the job. but from his reaction right before Des jumped him, he looked like he couldn't do it. (but, the tricky ptb might would have planed that to fool us) so I just hope he didn't because I think this episode has showed what I have felt for a while now. That Ben isn't as bad as Widmore. Remember i said he's our bad guy? widmore couldn't be better because we got more invested in Ben? But if he killed penny I will be disappointed.
and during the show I thought wow, the tea party is going to have to celebrate.  ;D because Ben was judged and didn't die (yet?)
Ben is our bad guy. Absolutely. If the island wanted him dead, it would have killed him. And not just given him a tumor that will slowly kill him...lol...that reminds me of Austin Powers, with the sharks with lasers, and closing the door without knowing if they'll really be killed, lol! Yeah, if he was supposed to die, Smokey would have gotten to him by now, I think. Or let something kill him.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2009, 04:05:51 AM »
let's just hope now that the island is finished judging him. and it's not waiting for him to finish helping the rest of the group before being done with him. I fear that.