Author Topic: Des and Penny Live  (Read 14652 times)

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Des and Penny Live
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »
I guess you do have a point there. I'd say them high tailing it outta there is a good possibility. The call had to have come after that run in though and also after Ben had gotten medical attention.
....why after Ben got medical attention? I'm sorry griz, I'm not following....he was still soaking wet when he called Jack....
But his arm was in a sling. And he wasn't bleeding anymore; his cuts looked like they were trated.
Oh I....don't remember his arm being in a sling when he called Jack. I though he was just favoring that arm.   ??? Where'd my brain go? lol....    it's possible that the Humes split, and Ben rummaged around in another boat to find the sling. It's weird that he would get clocked, go get medical attention, then return to the marina to call Jack...he had that shaky timbre in his voice like he was still trying to deal with what just happened to him. Oh no, I don't remember!!  :-[
Thats true. It does seem odd that he would come back to the marina. Maybe you're right, maybe he just fixied himself up after the beating. And... I'm pretty sure he had the sling. I dunno, I could be wrong.

Offline agent

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2009, 03:00:28 PM »
Ben wasn`t wearing a sling yet when he called from the marina

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2009, 03:28:42 PM »
Ben wasn`t wearing a sling yet when he called from the marina
Can we confirm that? Anyone got a clip?

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2009, 03:33:30 PM »
going out on a limb here, ... but maybe there was more between Des and Penny and Ben after Ben went into the water. I'm thinking that Desmond might have jumped in and got Ben. (looked like he might have been unconscious so he would have drowned otherwise) and there was a conversation. maybe even a plan against widmore?  :-\ something to spark Desmond into helping?  idk

Offline GUTZandRAGE

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2009, 03:34:28 PM »
I like where you are going with this, Mrs. H.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 09, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »
thanks,
also, I just checked , ben wasn't wearing the sling when he called Jack.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 09, 2009, 03:43:14 PM »
and as a matter of fact, something I didn't realize before, when Ben took sun to Mrs Hawking it was night time. then we see jack go to his grandfathers in the day and then we see at night Kate come to jack and say "never ask me about Aaron again" and then the next morning is when Ben calls jack from the marina still wet and bloody. so from the night they were in the church to the time Ben was at the marina at least two days had past.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »
thanks,
also, I just checked , ben wasn't wearing the sling when he called Jack.

I really thought he was... I guess I should research next time.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2009, 04:33:49 PM »
By the way, can you imagine the amount of explaining Desmond is gonna have to do that night???

Penny: "Hey hunny, sooo... what was that all about?"
Why would Desmond have to explain anything? Ben was after Penny...I don't think Des knew about Ben's vendetta.... or am I reading this wrong?  :-\

Because Penny would want to know why some creepy looking man shot her husband and almost shot her?

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2009, 04:42:37 PM »
By the way, can you imagine the amount of explaining Desmond is gonna have to do that night???

Penny: "Hey hunny, sooo... what was that all about?"
Why would Desmond have to explain anything? Ben was after Penny...I don't think Des knew about Ben's vendetta.... or am I reading this wrong?  :-\
Because Penny would want to know why some creepy looking man shot her husband and almost shot her?
But Ben introduces himself...."My name is Ben Linus, and your father is a bad man..." or something like that. He was clearly after her specifically, I mean. Desmond may have known the guy's face, but...I think Des and Penny are equally confused. They both have bits of information that the other doesn't know.  ??? and that I don't know, lol.

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2009, 05:05:06 PM »
ahhh, don't worry. this is for fun not homework.
sometimes you have an idea and you want to get it out there before you forget. by the time you research something you could forget the whole theory.  :D almost all of us are guilty of it at one time or other. :)

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2009, 05:09:54 PM »
and I really wanted Penny to die.

:o heartless!

Yeah, it is a little cold, but they set us up for it. Plus, I have been wrong about almost everything that has been happening this season, so I'm looking for wins where ever I can.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »
I really wanted Penny to be the one who beat the crap out of Ben... maybe later after they pull him out of the water she'll pull his arm out of its socket!

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2009, 05:17:05 PM »
A little late to the thread, but, I'm pretty sure Desmond was shot in the arm/shoulder.  I only watched the show once but it seemed to me that Desmond was only punching Ben in the face with one fist.  I paid attention to this because I was certain he was shot and was looking for evidence of it during the Ben-pounding.

Offline BurkRoyer

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2009, 05:21:56 PM »
If you look at the investigation, it's clear that he was not shot in any vital area... It appears to be just under his armpit...

http://lost.cubit.net/archives/2009/04/5x12-smokeys-toilet-and-other.php