Author Topic: Des and Penny Live  (Read 14651 times)

Offline Falam

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Des and Penny Live
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2009, 11:31:22 AM »
Silly question to you probably:  On the pier after his beating didn't Ben say on the phone he had to take care of part of a deal - or something to that effect.  That made us all think he did kill Penny?  If he didn't, then what else could he have been referring to?

I believe he said that he got side-tracked and wouldn't be able to pick up Locke from the butcher's shop.  He told Jack that he had some unfinished business BEFORE the marina...

Offline grizn0

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 11:33:02 AM »
Silly question to you probably:  On the pier after his beating didn't Ben say on the phone he had to take care of part of a deal - or something to that effect.  That made us all think he did kill Penny?  If he didn't, then what else could he have been referring to?
Not sure. But he was going to kill Penny, until he saw Charlie and changed his mind.

I believe he said that he got side-tracked and wouldn't be able to pick up Locke from the butcher's shop.  He told Jack that he had some unfinished business BEFORE the marina...
The telephone call was definitely after the Des and Penny encounter. He was beat up, but he had to go get medical attention and his arm was in a sling. So thats probably why he didnt have time to go get Locke.

Offline Falam

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 11:36:53 AM »
Not sure. But he was going to kill Penny, until he saw Charlie and changed his mind.

The telephone call was definitely after the Des and Penny encounter. He was beat up, but he had to go get medical attention and his arm was in a sling. So thats probably why he didnt have time to go get Locke.

Agreed!

Offline lostieloo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2009, 11:38:14 AM »
Desmond had a time travel vision and knew to wear a bullet proof vest... DUN DUN DUN.

You know, I was actually thinking that when I saw it!  It was also a nice play-in to the flashback of him saving alex and not killing Danielle...same ol' when he saw Charlie.

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
Re: Lost's gift to Des-Penny fans ??
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2009, 11:55:34 AM »
I am so let down by this. Probably the most disappointing moment of the show to me. Don't get me wrong, I like Penny, but I thought the whole point of Ben was to kill her. I guess by accepting the fact that he was actually responsible for Alex's and not killing Penny for the revenge he doesn't deserve then that's okay, because I'm all about character development, but still, we haven't had an unexpected death in a while, and I really wanted Penny to die.

Offline Maxor127

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2009, 12:52:15 PM »
Well I definitely didn't expect Caesar to die.  But yeah, I was hoping Penny would die too.  And I thought she had to die to get Des involved again.

Offline SQUIRT199

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2009, 01:05:56 PM »
I am so let down by this. Probably the most disappointing moment of the show to me. Don't get me wrong, I like Penny, but I thought the whole point of Ben was to kill her. I guess by accepting the fact that he was actually responsible for Alex's and not killing Penny for the revenge he doesn't deserve then that's okay, because I'm all about character development, but still, we haven't had an unexpected death in a while, and I really wanted Penny to die.
happy happy ! did I mention I'm happy?  ;) ;D
I wonder how Desmond will fit into the rest of the story now. what would his reason be for going back to the island if he even does. or what will his purpose be now. (well I have an idea obviously  ;) )
OMB, when he shot Des I seriously jumped up and shouted, "NO, MRS HUME!!!!!! NOOOOOO!!!" But then he tackled Ben and I was like, Whew! Okay, calm down heart, it's all good, it's all good.... lol

It's still possible that Ben killed Penny. Went back and finished the job somehow. I don't think this is the case, but I'm just saying....it's possible. So he could have been apologizing for killing her, or for attempting to kill her.  :-\ *shrugging*

I was not disapointed,  I think that Ben's apolgy to Desmond (when he told Sun) was because he attempted to Kill penny,

When he realized Penny/Desmond had a child he could not allow a child to grow up without a mother,  (as his father said " a child needs thier mother") Maybe ben actually beleives that too.

They showed us that he is not ruthless, (unable to kill Danielles Baby) he took the child instead, and allowed her to live.

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2009, 02:06:54 PM »
and I really wanted Penny to die.

:o heartless!

Offline Des

• Red Shirt
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2009, 02:07:45 PM »
By the way, can you imagine the amount of explaining Desmond is gonna have to do that night???

Penny: "Hey hunny, sooo... what was that all about?"

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2009, 02:12:43 PM »
By the way, can you imagine the amount of explaining Desmond is gonna have to do that night???

Penny: "Hey hunny, sooo... what was that all about?"
Why would Desmond have to explain anything? Ben was after Penny...I don't think Des knew about Ben's vendetta.... or am I reading this wrong?  :-\

Offline agent

• Background Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2009, 02:14:59 PM »

[/quote]

So if the call to Jack was just after the encounter - What happened to Des and family to allow Ben the convenience of calling from the marina? They either left fast, let Ben go on his way, or were incapacitated. I somehow think that Ben would`ve distanced himself from the marina as a priority.

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2009, 02:19:25 PM »
I guess you do have a point there. I'd say them high tailing it outta there is a good possibility. The call had to have come after that run in though and also after Ben had gotten medical attention.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2009, 02:24:44 PM »
I guess you do have a point there. I'd say them high tailing it outta there is a good possibility. The call had to have come after that run in though and also after Ben had gotten medical attention.
....why after Ben got medical attention? I'm sorry griz, I'm not following....he was still soaking wet when he called Jack....

Offline grizn0

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
....why after Ben got medical attention? I'm sorry griz, I'm not following....he was still soaking wet when he called Jack....
But his arm was in a sling. And he wasn't bleeding anymore; his cuts looked like they were trated.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 02:35:29 PM »
But his arm was in a sling. And he wasn't bleeding anymore; his cuts looked like they were trated.
Oh I....don't remember his arm being in a sling when he called Jack. I though he was just favoring that arm.   ??? Where'd my brain go? lol....    it's possible that the Humes split, and Ben rummaged around in another boat to find the sling. It's weird that he would get clocked, go get medical attention, then return to the marina to call Jack...he had that shaky timbre in his voice like he was still trying to deal with what just happened to him. Oh no, I don't remember!!  :-[