Author Topic: Des and Penny Live  (Read 14710 times)

Offline WhatThe

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
Re: Des and Penny Live
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2009, 08:48:39 PM »
i cant believe that all the people that love LOST all want the hallmark cookie cutter happy ending  as much as groundbreaking and unpredictable the show has been thus far... oohhh we are happy with Ben's redemtion,..... ooohhh we're happy that des and penny are alive....ooohhh golly gee im smitten with the theory that des might TEAM UP with Charles... wouldnt that be CUTE? BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im upset that ben didnt slaughter penny and little charlie... im upset that des prolly wont murder charles and jsut be donw with it... and i am soooooooooooooo disappointed in the fact that Ben has grown a freaking Grinch heart... i keep telling myself this season is needed to fill in blanks that have been left, but time and time again THIS SEASON ALONE we have seen inconsistancies with ages and years and times... and now once Richard says so strongly that "once we do this he will ose all innocence and will forever be one of us" ... we now see Ben being innocent and careing for a child enough not kill his mother in front of him BEFORE Smokey judged him..... ??? c'mon i feel like we're being jerked around... unless there is a REALLY GOOD explaination for all of this mess by the end of the season... i might lose hope and officiallly personally call this show... shark jumped.... and for the record ive claimed this show WOULD NEVER JUMP THE SHARK... im disappointed, but willing to wait it out... i want darkness and the evil to overcome.. there has been so many happy endings its making me sick...

We've seen pretty much everyone who has been truly effected by the island start to evolve into a better version of themselves...I'm not sure why Ben would be any different. Keeping Ben as a homicidal manipulator purely for the sake of entertainment might not align too well with where the overall story was always meant to be headed...as well as I think it's far more intriguing and realistic for Ben to have his own inner demons and issues centering around young mothers dying while their children are still very young. That's THE one area Ben draws a line at...and having Ben even HAVE a line TO draw to begin with makes him more interesting in my eyes. Much better than him being a killing machine devoid of emotions or inner conflict and driven solely by revenge.

Offline BobBX542

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 16, 2009, 11:39:18 AM »
We've seen pretty much everyone who has been truly effected by the island start to evolve into a better version of themselves...I'm not sure why Ben would be any different. Keeping Ben as a homicidal manipulator purely for the sake of entertainment might not align too well with where the overall story was always meant to be headed...as well as I think it's far more intriguing and realistic for Ben to have his own inner demons and issues centering around young mothers dying while their children are still very young. That's THE one area Ben draws a line at...and having Ben even HAVE a line TO draw to begin with makes him more interesting in my eyes. Much better than him being a killing machine devoid of emotions or inner conflict and driven solely by revenge.

What he said.

Offline Shakey

• Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2009, 01:00:43 PM »

What he said.
Ditto.