Author Topic: Des and Penny Live  (Read 15020 times)

Offline BadRobot64

• DHARMA Work Man (or Woman)
    • View Profile
Re: Des and Penny Live
« Reply #105 on: April 13, 2009, 04:58:17 PM »
i cant believe that all the people that love LOST all want the hallmark cookie cutter happy ending  as much as groundbreaking and unpredictable the show has been thus far... oohhh we are happy with Ben's redemtion,..... ooohhh we're happy that des and penny are alive....ooohhh golly gee im smitten with the theory that des might TEAM UP with Charles... wouldnt that be CUTE? BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im upset that ben didnt slaughter penny and little charlie... im upset that des prolly wont murder charles and jsut be donw with it... and i am soooooooooooooo disappointed in the fact that Ben has grown a freaking Grinch heart... i keep telling myself this season is needed to fill in blanks that have been left, but time and time again THIS SEASON ALONE we have seen inconsistancies with ages and years and times... and now once Richard says so strongly that "once we do this he will ose all innocence and will forever be one of us" ... we now see Ben being innocent and careing for a child enough not kill his mother in front of him BEFORE Smokey judged him..... ??? c'mon i feel like we're being jerked around... unless there is a REALLY GOOD explaination for all of this mess by the end of the season... i might lose hope and officiallly personally call this show... shark jumped.... and for the record ive claimed this show WOULD NEVER JUMP THE SHARK... im disappointed, but willing to wait it out... i want darkness and the evil to overcome.. there has been so many happy endings its making me sick...

BR-
1. Breathe.  ;)

I love how passionate you get...that's how I feel a lot of the time about some posts I read on here.  I think a lot of people have just grown attached to Penny and Des.  I think it would be a great part of the plot line for Penny to die.  I said before that killing off Des would piss off a lot of people (including myself), not just because he is likable, but because he has been made out to be one of the most important people on the show.  Killing him would just leave a bunch of loose ends.

I don't feel like LOST is or will even jump the shark.  We have to remember that even though there can be excellent writing, and good intentions...sometimes real life stuff happens that can mess things up.  I wouldn't peg every 'mess up' as a problem with the show.  We don't know what really happened when it came to Charlotte's character...maybe she really did have a diva moment about her age.  We just don't know.  I also think it is unrealistic to expect everything to go off without a hitch--tptb, brilliant as they are, are still human..and we can't condemn them for an flub up here and there.

Keep an open mind, k?  You are one of my favorite posters on here, and I don't want you losing faith in LOST.   :-*

oh hatch monkey we're all friends here... youre right i do get passionate about this show... and dont get me wrong Des is one of my top 3 fav characters... i too would be upset if he was killed, but i was surprised when he was shot... but i was upset that penny wasnt killed. the shws been dark this season but not as dark as its ben. ( he he get it ben.. ok i knw it was a bad joke) ... speaking of bad jokes... who else thinks that when ben shot Caesar that caesar shoudl ahve said .... et tu Ben....

Offline TheBrightandTheDark

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 13, 2009, 04:59:39 PM »
Cesar had a good line! He says, "I'm calling the shots." Then he gets shot. lol

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 13, 2009, 05:11:30 PM »

I love that you noticed that!

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 13, 2009, 05:15:02 PM »

Multiple viewings are quite helpful. I didn't notice it the first time around.

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 13, 2009, 05:16:42 PM »

Well you still get a cookie!

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 13, 2009, 05:18:16 PM »
Woo hoo! I love cookies.

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 13, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
Woo hoo! I love cookies.
That I remember you telling me.

• Dharma VIP
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2009, 05:21:01 PM »
Woo hoo! I love cookies.
That I remember you telling me.
I tell everybody.  :P Plus I've got my own thread about them. You love cookies too.

sorry for the hijacking of the thread!

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 14, 2009, 10:50:56 AM »
i cant believe that all the people that love LOST all want the hallmark cookie cutter happy ending  as much as groundbreaking and unpredictable the show has been thus far... oohhh we are happy with Ben's redemtion,..... ooohhh we're happy that des and penny are alive....ooohhh golly gee im smitten with the theory that des might TEAM UP with Charles... wouldnt that be CUTE? BS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im upset that ben didnt slaughter penny and little charlie... im upset that des prolly wont murder charles and jsut be donw with it... and i am soooooooooooooo disappointed in the fact that Ben has grown a freaking Grinch heart... i keep telling myself this season is needed to fill in blanks that have been left, but time and time again THIS SEASON ALONE we have seen inconsistancies with ages and years and times... and now once Richard says so strongly that "once we do this he will ose all innocence and will forever be one of us" ... we now see Ben being innocent and careing for a child enough not kill his mother in front of him BEFORE Smokey judged him..... ??? c'mon i feel like we're being jerked around... unless there is a REALLY GOOD explaination for all of this mess by the end of the season... i might lose hope and officiallly personally call this show... shark jumped.... and for the record ive claimed this show WOULD NEVER JUMP THE SHARK... im disappointed, but willing to wait it out... i want darkness and the evil to overcome.. there has been so many happy endings its making me sick...

Do us all a favor if you decide to jump ship. Please don't come back just to tell us how ridiculous it has gotten every week. LOL

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2009, 06:22:30 PM »

Do us all a favor if you decide to jump ship. Please don't come back just to tell us how ridiculous it has gotten every week. LOL

Yeah, that's my job!  ;D

Offline BobBX542

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2009, 11:28:48 AM »

Yeah, that's my job!  ;D

Someone else did that on here, and I lost my $#!* on them.

Offline The_Hatch_Monkey

• In the Loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2009, 03:20:13 PM »

Yeah, that's my job!  ;D

Someone else did that on here, and I lost my $#!* on them.

BR knows he isn't going anywhere...he just had to let it out.  He'll be fine.  ;)

Offline Mrs Hume

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2009, 03:49:10 PM »
I don't call that being fine.

Offline Gar O Mac

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2009, 04:18:40 PM »
I don't call that being fine.